arguments for 400 req tacs:

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Asmon
Level 4

Re: arguments for 400 req tacs:

Postby Asmon » Sun 11 Oct, 2015 4:50 pm

Dark Riku wrote:
Asmon wrote:Or perhaps they might be, and you don't know it...
What are you even referring to here Asmon? Because it makes no sense. :p
If you are referring to the Kraken Rounds then I'll have to disappoint you because Bahamut is right about that one.

You seem not to remember what happened when Kraken bolts were first implemented into the game. It took quite a while for people to notice and I believe the bug is still in vanilla.
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Sun 11 Oct, 2015 5:02 pm

^Triumph wrote:any good player in this game will do better playing space marine than its main race for 1 single thing they are SO (in mayus lol!) easy to be played

You are just the cutest! My favorite new poster, hands down. Can't wait to see what happens next!
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Mon 12 Oct, 2015 12:03 am

This has swayed so far from the intended discussion... :/

^Triumph wrote:Its actually fun that u say that when I got u as eldar and you were yealling about who the fuck I was sm are easy 2 use and thats known like the sun shines cheers =)
DO NOT pull blatant lies out of your ass, I do not respond well on those at all.
If you want your ass handed to you in an Eldar(me) vs SM(you) match I will happily oblige though.

Asmon wrote:You seem not to remember what happened when Kraken bolts were first implemented into the game. It took quite a while for people to notice and I believe the bug is still in vanilla.
I have no recollection of Kraken rounds being a flat out boost versus every armor. Maybe you could provide us with something concrete on the matter?
But even if it did had some form of bug, what relevance does that bear now?
Sneery_Thug
Level 2

Postby Sneery_Thug » Mon 12 Oct, 2015 9:14 am

As for me tacs are absolutely fine costwise. The only! thing I'd ask for is - that tacs can use their ATSKNF little more often, because now it takes ages of sitting in cover (or losing 3 expensive models) for one usage of this ability. So in a match you can use ATSKNF only 1 or 2 times at best (while csm are going crazy with their slaughter.)
If I'm not right about it - please clarify it to me.

(and for the ppl who say that sm are the easiest race to play (in a 1v1??) - don't forget that this is the very most expensive race in the game, that has only one dedicated melee unit (which is dread.) Except of FC and (only) his assault cans.)
Paradise Lost
Level 2

Postby Paradise Lost » Tue 13 Oct, 2015 12:38 am

Sneery_Thug wrote: (while csm are going crazy with their slaughter.)

Umm, you do know that slaughter was nerfed, right? It's often that when the initial cooldown wears off you're already upgrading to T3.
Sneery_Thug
Level 2

Postby Sneery_Thug » Tue 13 Oct, 2015 4:50 pm

Paradise Lost wrote:
Sneery_Thug wrote: (while csm are going crazy with their slaughter.)

Umm, you do know that slaughter was nerfed, right? It's often that when the initial cooldown wears off you're already upgrading to T3.

Yes, slaughter has 120 sec cooldown (starting from cooldown) - very good option -> why should tacs NOT have the same cooldown on ATSKNF?
saltychipmunk
Level 4

Postby saltychipmunk » Tue 13 Oct, 2015 6:24 pm

he has a point , ATSKNF is so rare and situational that it largely is not a factor when purchasing the leader. You might see it triggered once in a game. such a good buy indeed...

It is actually the main reason why I have stopped purchasing the tac sarge in non infantry heavy match ups.

Most of the time you wont want them in melee so that chain sword is going be spotless for all but retreat kills or small scale engagements.
25 power for 15ish pierce is a rip off unless fighting a ton of infantry. And while a 4th model is nice. it doesn't actually make them anymore resistant to model losses (which is what normally triggers retreats or disengagements) Rather it adds a rather expensive model to lose.

Admittedly I don't really think that csm champion ability is that special either as i would much rather go straight for the much more potent marks first . Atleast when that ability didn't start on cool down it was a nice surprise to drop two csm champs and rage on someone. but now by the time the thing is ready to be used i can just go full tcsm or full kcsm.

now i just find my self saving the 10 pop for as long as i can and get the csm champions lasts.. always.

and the fact that a csm leader actually gets weapons worth 25 power in the marks is what sells them to me. that melta pistol is great and an extra source of inferno dps is always a good buy (unless you are eldar (dark reapers suck.. so bad. so very bad)).
Cheekie Monkie
Level 3

Postby Cheekie Monkie » Wed 14 Oct, 2015 9:36 am

With so much stuff becoming more cost efficient over the years I wouldn't be surprised if tacs came down to 425.
Playing truth or dare with Diomedes: You dare? YOU DARE?!
Tinder with Diomedes: THINK YOU ARE MY MATCH?!
hastaga
Level 2

Postby hastaga » Wed 14 Oct, 2015 9:50 am

Did you just pick the median between 450 and 400 and decided it'd be a good number for future speculation?
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Wed 14 Oct, 2015 2:29 pm

Tacs are fine IMO.
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Cheekie Monkie
Level 3

Postby Cheekie Monkie » Wed 14 Oct, 2015 3:58 pm

Yes, I'd agree that tacs are fine at the moment, though my point was that it wouldn't shock me to see a minor cost reduction in the future, given the fact that many basic units have become cheaper/more cost efficient since retail - GM, DA, shees, tics to name but a few. I just can't help shake the feeling of the slightest power creep we've had with basic units over the years. Yes, I'm aware that tacs have already gotten a health buff since retail.

425 is also the happy speculative medium in the vanilla tac family, with the 'weakest' CSM at 400 and the 'strongest' strikes at 450.
Playing truth or dare with Diomedes: You dare? YOU DARE?!
Tinder with Diomedes: THINK YOU ARE MY MATCH?!
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 14 Oct, 2015 4:52 pm

Health buff? You mean reverting their HP back to what it was supposed to be? :)
saltychipmunk
Level 4

Postby saltychipmunk » Fri 16 Oct, 2015 12:52 pm

Very well , I will begrudgingly agree that there is no need for the tacs themselves to have a cost reduction so long as that drop pod mechanic is present. Since it effectively achieves a similar effect anyway.

Return to “Balance Discussion”