Patch 2.5 (WIP)

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
RosenWarrior
Level 0

Re: Patch 2.5 (WIP)

Postby RosenWarrior » Thu 10 Dec, 2015 11:59 pm

Huh.. Not really sure about banewolves.. They're t2 right?

Never really had trouble with them before (besides the gen bashing and the spooge cannon obviously), but once you get hav's with a las cannon the beast tends to go down fairly easy.. Not like a chimera where it can reinforce units in the field, imo that's more threatening than firing creamy muck muck at some of my dudes x)

The russ drop doesn't cost power..? God help us :cry:

Alsoooo --

Not really sure why heretics are getting nerfed damage and -20 to the price!? People already take em to the pictures so easily why do they need to be more squishy :(
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Fri 11 Dec, 2015 12:30 am

Oddnerd wrote:I wonder if the banewolf could be fit into the regular IG T2 roster, rather than as an Inquisitor-only cheese ability. I agree with what a few others have said - its probably the most frightening rushed unit in the game for me.

Please see my original response to firatwithin for the replay....
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Fri 11 Dec, 2015 1:08 am

Seer Council are also an infantry unit that can be suppressed and knocked back and have only fleet of foot as an ability. Would you ever use that global if it costed power?

Getting a leman Russ at the cost of no power is a no brainer.

Getting a banewolf as soon as T2 hits if you have vision anywhere near your opponents power is a no brainer.
saltychipmunk
Level 4

Postby saltychipmunk » Fri 11 Dec, 2015 12:17 pm

I agree about the seer council, all in all they are probably the least impactful *super* infantry unit in the game .

even without the power costs on it , it is not a particularly good global. something you get if you dont want a d-cannon, cant afford an avatard and dont want to risk a prism or already have all you want of those 3 units.... (god damn i hate the eldar t3 unit roster). you get a banshee squad with double hp and more dps. comparing it air dropping a tank/terminator on someone's head is indeed silly.
Lichtbringer
Level 3

Postby Lichtbringer » Mon 14 Dec, 2015 10:52 pm

saltychipmunk wrote:I agree about the seer council, all in all they are probably the least impactful *super* infantry unit in the game .

even without the power costs on it , it is not a particularly good global. something you get if you dont want a d-cannon, cant afford an avatard and dont want to risk a prism or already have all you want of those 3 units.... (god damn i hate the eldar t3 unit roster). you get a banshee squad with double hp and more dps. comparing it air dropping a tank/terminator on someone's head is indeed silly.

(Or if you float 1300 req and want a Avatar + Seercouncil and don't care for Eldritchs.^^)

RosenWarrior wrote:Huh.. Not really sure about banewolves.. They're t2 right?
Never really had trouble with them before (besides the gen bashing and the spooge cannon obviously), but once you get hav's with a las cannon the beast tends to go down fairly easy.. Not like a chimera where it can reinforce units in the field, imo that's more threatening than firing creamy muck muck at some of my dudes x)

The russ drop doesn't cost power..? God help us :cry:

Alsoooo --

Not really sure why heretics are getting nerfed damage and -20 to the price!? People already take em to the pictures so easily why do they need to be more squishy :(

The Banewolf also slows everyone he hits, infantry and vehicles and I think he has a super slow groundtargeted ability. So really good at kiting Walkers.^^

Well, technically the Heretics don't get squishier, they have the same survivability. You could even argue they get more hp per cost :D The nerf is only to the damage :P
valore
Level 0

Postby valore » Wed 16 Dec, 2015 10:26 pm

Any reason why the Chaos Terminator Autocannon is taking a straight nerf instead of a nerf by degrees?

It overperformed a bit as a mobile platform with no drawback on the upgrade, but at the same time, using it at range meant you took counter fire from long range AV weapons.

Would a damage reduction modifier for distant/long range be a first step solution?
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 16 Dec, 2015 11:35 pm

This one has been said before, but we should revisit the HI Setup Teams' Melee Resistance. 'Nuff said.

Also I'd like to put forward a suggestion to revisit PC as a hero. I feel that his wargear as a collection is really one-dimensional. His globals are kickass (ToN might be too kickass atm), but PC pretty much does anti-melee/ anti-blob and that's it.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 16 Dec, 2015 11:43 pm

Atlas wrote:This one has been said before, but we should revisit the HI Setup Teams' Melee Resistance. 'Nuff said.

Also I'd like to put forward a suggestion to revisit PC as a hero. I feel that his wargear as a collection is really one-dimensional. His globals are kickass (ToN might be too kickass atm), but PC pretty much does anti-melee/ anti-blob and that's it.

He does anti-ranged infantry as well if you kit him out to do so. He does so by supporting his units where he can. The fist isn't just for capping and high burst dmg but can also grant TCSM the advantage they need in conjunction with the nurgle worship to really outshoot everything. You can also keep the bolter as it works quite well vs light infantry, even in late game. What do you suppose he could benefit from? A 3rd armor perhaps?
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Thu 17 Dec, 2015 3:32 am

The PC could use a slightly improved bolter that he is able to switch back to. Sort of like how the mekboy has dakka x3 so he isn't stuck with a setup weapon should he be upgraded.
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Sat 19 Dec, 2015 1:06 am

Is it possible to give all Land Raiders a bigger entry and exit radius for the units, cause most of the time your units try to hug the freaking side of these big metal boxes but wont get in in time because the entry and exit points are close to the weapon sponsons (at the sides) and not in front of it, where the actual assault ramp is (for whatever reason).

To sum it up:

Getting in Land Raiders is a pain in the arse, because of the small entry points on the sides - hence I'd like to see that changed
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
ytimk
Level 2

Postby ytimk » Tue 22 Dec, 2015 4:41 am

Tex wrote:The PC could use a slightly improved bolter that he is able to switch back to. Sort of like how the mekboy has dakka x3 so he isn't stuck with a setup weapon should he be upgraded.

YES YESSSSSS - I miss seeing him with a bolter post t1 - the Bile Spewer just doesn't have the range.

The "Bubonic Bolter"
-either damage over time (T1) or green version of MoT infernop rounds (T2)
Ring ring. Call Da Boyz!
Theory.
I have never played vs a human......
b-b-b-but I watch 100s of casts.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Tue 22 Dec, 2015 6:35 am

Just have the bolter have a longer dot effect since that is the thing that kills, and maybe when he is in cover damage taken from sniper rifles is reduced (25%) since playing vs snipers as PC is such a pain in the ass. But that latter isn't really necessary. just expressing my hate against snipers as PC.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Crewfinity
Level 4

Postby Crewfinity » Tue 22 Dec, 2015 4:41 pm

What if the PC were given a new armor? It could cost 120/30, give him health, health regen, and a damage increase. Could be a more attrition based armor rather than counter-initiation. Like the TM artificer armor combined with the WSE improved targeters.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Tue 22 Dec, 2015 5:07 pm

Crewfinity wrote:What if the PC were given a new armor? It could cost 120/30, give him health, health regen, and a damage increase. Could be a more attrition based armor rather than counter-initiation. Like the TM artificer armor combined with the WSE improved targeters.

On top of his healing capabilities? How does that sounds even remotely balanced?

PC is fine as it is, as tex said and has it's been suggested for years now, give him a buy-back bolter with sightly more dps than his standard one, same effects and one ability.
saltychipmunk
Level 4

Postby saltychipmunk » Tue 22 Dec, 2015 9:17 pm

I wouldn't mind a pc bolter , maybe a cheap one 100 /20 that brings his dps up to 33 with an active ability that adds a long lasting but low damage dot on a unit (like 2.5 pierce damage over 15 seconds) or something like that.

Would fit thematically with him doing gradual damage that builds up to something that kill unaware players who get in over their head.

but then again he already has a stupid amount of anti light infantry.....

heck he might not even need an ability. just a better base damage and maybe a better dot would be all he needs in a wargear.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Tue 22 Dec, 2015 11:45 pm

NONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have tested this in my own mod. Giving the pc a better dps on his bolter and a better DOT is ridiculously strong! Is a warp spider with improved targeters on steroids since as i said before its the Damage of time that kills shit. Not that initial hit most of the time. Just increasing the DOT to 7 seconds is enough!!!!!!

That is a extra 4 damage per shot!! NO ability no increase in base dps at all.

If you want the base dps to go up and have the same dot that's fine but no ability. The PC does not need one at all.

I really think if he gets a bolter it should just have an increased duration for the DOT for 2 seconds. And that is it.
Last edited by Black Relic on Fri 25 Dec, 2015 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Sneery_Thug
Level 2

Postby Sneery_Thug » Wed 23 Dec, 2015 7:59 am

Regarding GK: While the bloody teleporter pack with the halberd in T2 always set my teeth on edge, but now with teleporter removed and "We are the Hammer" no longer affects BC himself - he is just the slowliest hero in the game, more slowly then PC and CL. Wouldn't it be more useful to make We are the Hammer increase the movement speed of only BC himself and not the rest of the units?
saltychipmunk
Level 4

Postby saltychipmunk » Wed 23 Dec, 2015 3:21 pm

If We are the hammer were to only affect the bro cap it would need a stupidly large ms buff to compensate for the rather huge loss of utility.

the ms is the best part of we are the hammer.. makes kiting much easier.
Crewfinity
Level 4

Postby Crewfinity » Thu 24 Dec, 2015 7:07 am

Black Relic wrote:NONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have tested this in my own mod. Giving the pc a better dps on his bolter and a better DOT is ridiculously strong! Is a warp spider with improved targeters on steroids since as i said before its the Damage of time that kills shit. Not that initial hit most of the time. Just increasing the DOT to 7 seconds is enough!!!!!!

That is a extra 4 percent damage per shot!! NO ability no increase in base dps at all.

If you want the base dps to go up and have the same dot that's fine but no ability. The PC does not need one at all.

I really think if he gets a bolter it should just have an increased duration for the DOT for 2 seconds. And that is it.

4 percent seems kinda underwhelming tbh :P

Improved targeters on WSE increases damage by 50%, as well as weapon range, on a teleporting hero who does more dps to begin with.

Would an extra 2 seconds of dot REALLY make that much of a difference? Even if it still does full damage on retreat, It doesn't seem like something I would want to spend many resources on.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 24 Dec, 2015 5:11 pm

I concur with Crew. PC needs more versatile gear from a 1v1 perspective imo.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Fri 25 Dec, 2015 3:47 am

I didnt mean 4 percent damage my bad. The DoT does 4 more damage per shot over time.
531st
Level 2

Postby 531st » Fri 25 Dec, 2015 7:13 pm

Btw, cael, i think with this new canticle that increases ability cooldown u should make sure that it will have no effect on vindicare unless u want rapid fire chaning ammo bug again :D
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Mon 04 Jan, 2016 4:19 pm

Hate to say it, but patch whennnnnn? I can't wait to try this stuff out!
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Mon 04 Jan, 2016 5:05 pm

Soon™
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Tue 05 Jan, 2016 5:57 pm

Wise Windu wrote:Soon™

no stealing from EC!
Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 05 Jan, 2016 6:14 pm

ImageImageImage
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 05 Jan, 2016 11:43 pm

Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Wed 06 Jan, 2016 1:03 am

Sometimes, that is what I imagine Forest looks like when he's mad about something :)
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Wed 06 Jan, 2016 2:19 am

Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Wed 06 Jan, 2016 2:21 am

Forestradio wrote:Image

Image Image Image
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(