IG underpower!?

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
iROC
Level 0

IG underpower!?

Postby iROC » Sat 02 May, 2015 8:01 am

Hey whats up guys,
Where to begin? Well fuck it. Anyways I've noticed that Imperial Guard in the elite mod just seem to plain suck. Especially if you cannot capitalize in the beginning with a significant lead than your opponent could royally bend you over and give you a spanking that even the Emperor would be horrified to witness. By the time I get to purchase a stomp, I get a squad of melee that just REKT even as I try to micro the Lord Commissar or Inquisitor. Catachans just seem to bleed way too easily. Artillery spotters can disrupt and even smoke but once you try to take out that suppression squad... See how much units you lose in the process. If one were to choose Ogyrn, you must pray hard enough that the Emperor denies your opponent to get walker(s) (cause they got melee resistance). And if you make it to T3, just pray hard enough that you lead was good enough for you to get BB. Anyways that is my thoughts on the Emperor's Flashlights. Highly considering to go back to retail especially after seeing that new patch notes for IG. Thoughts, Comments, Opinions?
Nurland

Re: IG underpower!?

Postby Nurland » Sat 02 May, 2015 8:35 am

IG has among the best T2s in the game. Their T1 can be a bit weak but their T2 and T3 are very strong.
#noobcodex
lolzarz
Level 3

Postby lolzarz » Sat 02 May, 2015 9:34 am

Chimeras.
WEE AR DA SPEHSS MAHREENS! WE AR DA EMPRAH'S FUREH!
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sat 02 May, 2015 10:40 am

In this patch IG/nids are the most OP races.

I would go so far as to say both are outright broken and with both the issue is the same - their economies. It doesn't matter how well you do in terms of bleeding them or managing map control vs them, you end up falling behind in tech and unit count and the units themselves that you fight have no upkeep due to their low population despite not being worse off than other race's units anyway.

Annnd the next patch will just make IG even more OP. I think you are very out-of-touch.
Last edited by Torpid on Sat 02 May, 2015 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 02 May, 2015 10:42 am

Sorry, but this sounds like an L2P issue... :/
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sat 02 May, 2015 11:35 am

"IG underpower!?" Nope.
ytimk
Level 2

Postby ytimk » Sat 02 May, 2015 2:26 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:Sorry, but this sounds like an L2P issue... :/

Yeah I hate to sound like I'm piling on here OP but as someome who cannot micro for shit(me), this game really does depend on micro. Abilities, counters, map control, awareness, aggression/pressure etc - its a level of skill that can only come through repeated playing and experimentation.

I know first hand getting smashed sucks but its just a game right? Dont give up on Elite, its enhanced the base game so much its not funny.
Ring ring. Call Da Boyz!
Theory.
I have never played vs a human......
b-b-b-but I watch 100s of casts.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Sun 03 May, 2015 3:33 am

Check out noisy's gameplay with inquisitor at Indrid's youtube channel. You can learn soooo much from it and added to that he even won the recent MRT as well.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sun 03 May, 2015 4:37 am

IG isn't underpowered you just have to squeeze the OP out of it more than other races. I view IG a lot like I view Eldar; a low-floor, high-ceiling race where player skill has more of a factor in how well they play.

That's not to say that you can't do that with other races, but if you want a race that will reward you for playing good, IG is a not a bad bet.

Some aspects of them do probably need some toning down (mostly inq stuff) but otherwise they are definitely not up.

(Unless you are vs Eldar/SM :P)
Sneery_Thug
Level 2

Postby Sneery_Thug » Sun 03 May, 2015 8:59 am

Atlas wrote: (Unless you are vs Eldar/SM :P)

I'm sure you wanted to say "unless you are vs Eldar or Chaos".-))

Well, imo the only huge problem in a match vs Loldar are Wraithguard and D-cannons in their current form.

Return to “Balance Discussion”