FC Power Fist + MELTA PISTOL

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
egewithin
Level 5

FC Power Fist + MELTA PISTOL

Postby egewithin » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 3:32 pm

Force Commanders powerfist costs alot! 200/50. There are 2 more hero wargear that costs that much if I remember right;

Crashing Claw = Highest heavy melee damage of all comanders

Lightining Claws = Highest power melee damage of all commanders

You only get 85 dps heavy melee and Flesh over Steel with Power Fist and that is it. Even Warboss gets Power Klaw with 150/50 and does higher damage. I don't think FoS deserves that much price since it has nerfed hardly.

So, I only say ; lets give a melta pistol insted of a plasma pistol. It helps you to take down falling back walkers incase of a chase. If I pay 200/50 for a weapon, I expect more from it.
Venjitron
Level 2

Re: FC Power Fist + MELTA PISTOL

Postby Venjitron » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 3:40 pm

your paying more for the lengthy stun.....this is only 50 more rec....the stun means you can kill vehicles without taking dmg from them.....unlike the warboss who has to try to tank or outdmg the walker your comparison is bad suggestion.....and you sound like a greedy sm fanboy
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 3:50 pm

Venjitron wrote:your paying more for the lengthy stun.....this is only 50 more rec....the stun means you can kill vehicles without taking dmg from them.....unlike the warboss who has to try to tank or outdmg the walker your comparison is bad suggestion.....and you sound like a greedy sm fanboy

The stun lasts for a few seconds, after that, FC must tank the damage eather. The stun is deadly vs weak tanks but not a complite solution for Wraithlords. I just want a melta piston and that's it.
Cheekie Monkie
Level 3

Postby Cheekie Monkie » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 3:52 pm

I do wonder what would happen if Flesh over Steel was taken out in favour of a melta pistol...

Ranged stance FC shooting at walkers?
Playing truth or dare with Diomedes: You dare? YOU DARE?!
Tinder with Diomedes: THINK YOU ARE MY MATCH?!
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 5:49 pm

More and more players these days are very wary of the FC power fist these days. And I find it difficult to be able to use Flesh over Steal on a vehicle (other than a walker) without the teleporter pack because they try and keep the vehicle at max range. Although I like the suggestion because I love SM, it being implemented shouldn't happen because FC can already chase down a vehicle pretty darn well (especially with AoA) and this would make it SO much worse. Besides, not only does the power fist bleed models but the plasma pistol does some respectable damage as well.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Swift

Postby Swift » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 5:55 pm

It sounds to me like an L2P issue, your Force Comannder shouldn't be 1v1ing walkers or even other tier three tanks.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 6:03 pm

Teleport + Fleshovasteel even with recent nerf is still really painful thing. Powerfist is mostly an anti-vehicle upgrade, while TH is for DPS. Still, i find powerfist pretty good against heavy infantry
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 6:33 pm

Okay, fine. I surrender. I don't want to have a melta pistol. You happy now?
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Thu 30 Apr, 2015 7:30 pm

firatwithin wrote:Okay, fine. I surrender. I don't want to have a melta pistol. You happy now?
Yes actually :)
Sub_Zero
Suspended

Postby Sub_Zero » Sat 02 May, 2015 9:18 am

Okay, fine. I surrender. I don't want to have a melta pistol. You happy now?

Everyone can suggest any crazy thing and moderators must keep this discussion as clean as possible. They don't... It is your opinion, even it is not right in the eyes of others you shouldn't be offended in any way because of that.

All these "L2P, SM fanboy" lunges are so disgusting.

I personally think that your proposal is worth discussing but my take is that this weapon option is very godlike as it is. It does deal good damage and unlike other heavy melee options it has an ability that spells doom for transports/tanks and allows you to shut down scary melee walkers. But the game has come to the point where melee walkers became too strong in melee, that is an undesirable choice to go up against them in a 1 v 1 fight (oh dem sweet times when you were scared as fuck for your walker against WB/FC and alike, I still don't think that it was completely right to make them so resistant to melee). If there was no teleport available for him I would consider letting him use a melta pistol. But given his other options I don't think that is fair.
ol'smithy
Level 1

Postby ol'smithy » Sun 03 May, 2015 12:45 am

Sub_Zero wrote:Everyone can suggest any crazy thing and moderators must keep this discussion as clean as possible. They don't... It is your opinion, even it is not right in the eyes of others you shouldn't be offended in any way because of that.

All these "L2P, SM fanboy" lunges are so disgusting.

Completely agree. Imagine if the op suggested giving CSM a slaughter ability with no downsides just for the heck of it. He'd be eaten alive
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sun 03 May, 2015 1:33 am

ol'smithy wrote:Completely agree. Imagine if the op suggested giving CSM a slaughter ability with no downsides just for the heck of it. He'd be eaten alive

+1
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Sun 03 May, 2015 1:28 pm

TBH, Slaughter was a surprise even for CSM players. That's how Chaos works.
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Sun 03 May, 2015 2:20 pm

FC alredy gets a plasma pistol AND one of the most game breaking abilities in the game with his heavy melee weapon. No heroes other than FC and PC get neither pistol nor an ability with theirs, which is perfectly fine for PC due to his slow speed and utterly broken for FC who also gets access to teleport and sprint. AND FC's dps is the third highest one of them, only bested by the entirely differently designed and slow ass HT, who is still OP in his own way but not a threat to tanks, and barely bested by the WB who's power klaw is actually balanced.

If the game was balanced by SM fanboys FC's thunder hammer would go down in price, get dps buff and splash damage while still retaining tracking specials... no wait..
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sun 03 May, 2015 7:17 pm

Alright look we all know Caeltos is a CSM/GK/SM/Nids/Eldar fanboi. The only thing we can control here is the Force Commander by knocking him back when he teleports and FoS's your tank.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sun 03 May, 2015 8:40 pm

Lost Son of Nikhel wrote:TBH, Slaughter was a surprise even for CSM players. That's how Chaos works.

Caeltos*
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Mon 04 May, 2015 9:39 am

Toilailee wrote:If the game was balanced by SM fanboys FC's thunder hammer would go down in price, get dps buff and splash damage while still retaining tracking specials... no wait..

You're my favourite Toilet ever.

Atlas wrote:Alright look we all know Caeltos is a CSM/GK/SM/Nids/Eldar...

Can confirm. Little changes for Orks
Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/phatness_

Since everyone forgets, my timezone is AEST (UTC/GMT) +10 hours. AEDT is (UTC/GMT) +11 hours. Hopefully no-one tells me what time any tournament is on.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Mon 04 May, 2015 8:19 pm

PhatE wrote:
Toilailee wrote:If the game was balanced by SM fanboys FC's thunder hammer would go down in price, get dps buff and splash damage while still retaining tracking specials... no wait..

You're my favourite Toilet ever.

<3

And you're my favorite.... um, Australian! :]
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Tue 05 May, 2015 9:05 am

I think Dollawagboss is the title PhatE prefers.
#noobcodex
PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Tue 05 May, 2015 11:09 am

Roky the $ wag boss
Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/phatness_

Since everyone forgets, my timezone is AEST (UTC/GMT) +10 hours. AEDT is (UTC/GMT) +11 hours. Hopefully no-one tells me what time any tournament is on.
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Tue 05 May, 2015 9:55 pm

Funny posts!

Return to “Balance Discussion”