Limiting Heay Turrets

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Element
Level 3

Limiting Heay Turrets

Postby Element » Sat 24 Dec, 2022 5:51 am

I just played a game where the other player spammed heavy turrets, and literally won on the fact that you cant even approach them.. they are 2 shotting trukks. 3 shotting tanks and the value is just crazy, can we limit it to 2 please?

https://www.dawnofwar.info/esl/match/55281312
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
Torpid

Re: Limiting Heay Turrets

Postby Torpid » Mon 26 Dec, 2022 9:14 pm

I think you might be the first person I've seen in years claiming that heavy turrets of all things are OP.

You can kill them from outside of their line of sight with tankbusta barrage you know? Tankbustas can also just walk up and 1v1 them.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Element
Level 3

Postby Element » Mon 26 Dec, 2022 10:24 pm

normally I would agree, but the problem is, when you spam multiple of them, which you would have seen in the case of actually pulling up the video
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Thu 29 Dec, 2022 6:27 pm

Element wrote:I just played a game where the other player spammed heavy turrets, and literally won on the fact that you cant even approach them.. they are 2 shotting trukks. 3 shotting tanks and the value is just crazy, can we limit it to 2 please?

https://www.dawnofwar.info/esl/match/55281312
Well. This was a waste of my time but I gave you the benefit of the doubt.
First of all the hyperbole. It took 3 shots for your one trukk and 5 for one of your tanks. If you would have watched the replay yourself, you would know this too.
You had him completely outteched and made the wrong choices.
All you needed was a busta squad and then some kommandoes.
He has a lasdev, meltastorms, and in the end 3 heavy turrets. And your response is spamming tanks and then calling imba XD
He had all the vehcile counters and you just spammed the unit he counters XD
Bro... Please.
Element
Level 3

Postby Element » Thu 29 Dec, 2022 10:59 pm

Dark Riku wrote:completely

Yes, because infantry are going to last against 3x heavy turrets trying to take them out when they are alrrady losing infantry fight as is, so buy more infantry? troll post is troll post i guess. Recognizes that 3x heavy turrets are dug into in astrong map position with bunker and supported by mass ranged infantry (an extra 2upgraded guardsman (granted 1 died 3 minutes left into the game, not that it mmattered anymore at that point the position with the turrets speaks for itself) and catachans which was left out in addition the melta stormtroopers) where each shot from a heavy turrets gibs a model and there are only 4 tankbustas in a squad and writes this response... like as if he doesn't already have the counter to anything I could buy because heavy turrets are anti all... at least the tanks wouldnt bleed and could neurtralize the capping zone. and i had kommandos on the field trying to flank to take out just one of them... and u saw what would happen when they approached already in the replay. forget it... sorry I tried i guess. to point out such a game changing global that unlike others can be manifested with more of them on the field. simultaneously. like if i lost to 1 then yes that's on me... 2 alright it takes some skill to take out 2... 3 like what more is there to do but concede? 2 shots left the wartrukk on like 5 hp with melta catachans and guradsman having enough fire power to take it out after trying to flank the position when only 1 was on the field let alone 3 (meaning its pretty much dead so while you are correct it takes 3,( 3 shots from a lascannon took out the first one so I repurchased it), its not far from the truth), before I could even make it in position to let the boys out, you are shot at before you even come out of the fog of war beause they have such extended long range. aspects anyone can pick up on... like with infiltration from a kommando, yea it might be doable because you can make it to them without being instantly reduced in numbers attempting to take 1 out... but only 2 commanders in the game can infiltrate other anti- vehicle units like tankbustas...I mean i can take confrontational bouts with try this and try that situations, or you missed out on this, which you did note with my tech lead which I can appreciate, but you literally just left out all the other important context like why go for a leman when i am down like 300 vps to bring in a game changer of my own, and other critical bits of information like all the other trolls on the internet who just wants to get off on feeling good about themselves.

"Because I choose to."

Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 30 Dec, 2022 3:23 pm

You ungrateful bastard. I take all this time to try and help you out and this is your response?
You think anyone is still going to take you serious after your response just now?
I gave you the obvious solution and you still think the heavy turret is imba.
This is just a L2P situation.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Fri 30 Dec, 2022 3:42 pm

It is descending into name calling and clearly no fruitful conversation is being held anymore. Locking the thread.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"

Return to “Balance Discussion”