State of the Game

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Element
Level 3

State of the Game

Postby Element » Fri 23 Dec, 2022 3:52 am

State of the Game Needed Changes
-------------------------------------------
Hey everyone, Fathom, here, alot of shade has been thrown around and here I'd like to adress my concerns about what I can in a more so formal way. right now the meta is not good. some match- ups are simply unattenable. This is meant to be constructive. Please give reason behind why you think this rather than just making derogatory, Enflamatory statements. We all want to enjoy the same game.
These are just my thoughts on what I think would help.

Right now T1 decides too much of games for the following elemental reasons.

-Some squads are too fast in relativity to others
-Some squads have too much health in relativity to others
-Some Factions have the ability to decide early engagements because they have extended ranged where they are untouchable
-Some Factions are calling in extra units/or unit like matters on the field with hardly any drawback despite the req cost.
-Some Units just have abilities/globals granting ridiculous amounts of value for no real exchange cost.

Proposals
------------
Green cover- should grant the same protection as yellow but grant the added bonus of increased damage. This will immensly help in being able to due and take damage respectively on both sides. and address the problem of meq's just wrecking on certain maps because of how ample green cover is.

Grenades- longer timer on short throws, and short timer on longer throws to combat feet nades. or damage reduction on short throws, increased damage on long throws.

IG
--
My problems with this faction really just correspond to T1
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Globals
-------
-Flare--> effect replaced with A.o.E. reduced ranged damage
-Heavy Turret- Replaced with another global of some kind. I'm completely against such an engagement swinging global which can be used to snipe out vehicles which are supposed to help contest I.G.'s already really good sustainability in t2 where often the only counter is to buy a vehicle. There needs to be room for counter play

lord Commissar
------------------
-Executes- only grants 50% increased damage for Ogryns and Catachans/100% for the rest

Bionic Eye
-Increased Determination- rendered immunity to suppression from 15s to 7.5s secs only (the ability to be immune to all suppression for 15 whole secs just makes taking counters to them redundant. there needs to be a small time span for a way to counter the ability to be immune to suppression with actually ability usage of the opposing factions own.)

Lord General
----------------
-Stand Firm- reduced suppression immunity from 15s to 7.5s---> same reason as Lord Commissar's Bionic Eye

T1
Guardsmen
---------
-purchase requred to build cover 50/5
-purchase required to build turrets 50/5

Sentinel
--------
-Starting health- 700 hp--> 800 hp
-speed-8-->7.5
-requires repurchasable armor packs to regrant back health- 50/3--> for 200 hp. xp granted upon removing every 200 hp.
-T3 upgrade of some kind

Catachans
---------
350/35
-Demo man returned-i.e.d. reduced damage on retreating units/reduced damage from 65 detonation to 50, and 120 explosive to 100. Which is still significant but, it is what it is. (I believe in rewarding players that take advantage of unsuspecting and neglecting players. but wiping full squads in retreat because you place 2 or 3 in there is not skill play... its just mechanics..
-o'l reliable range reduced, damage reduce, 50% extra damage on execute instead of 100%

Spotters
--------
-smoke shell replaced- with damage reduction aoe shell instead

T2 & T3
--- -------
I leave to more experienced I.G. players

Eldar
-----

Economy
-------
-Mass populace and cost reinforce adjustments, to help out there sense of economy. Righ now, there are games where you go to t3 and cant even buy anything given how costly it is to reinforce after one engagement even with few losses.

Globals
-------
-Seer Council Call- In- 500/50 power + red cost (right now you see these swings which just shouldnt happen becaues it cost eldar nothing to buy thm despite being bashed for all their power)
-Warpspider Call- In- 350/25 power + red cost
-Autarch Call- In- 300/30 power + red cost- right now she is just overcosted as all hell.

Farseer
-------
-Fortune- 30%--> 20% reduced damage. Right now you have squads tanking that which they shouldn't be able to.
-Doom- 30%--> 20% increased damage. I mean people complain about use yur choppas and here it is as an ability with no red cost. with the same engagement changing effects.-
-leviation Field- (ground indicator and 1.5s wind- upon cast)

Warpsider Exarch
----------------
-630 hp--> 650 hp
-slight increase to starting ranged damage (due to health adjustments across the board)

Guardians
---------
-Health- 500--> 600
(You have to remember that shieds only have 500 hp now instead of 1000) so this helps make up a bit for it in the starting engagements by not bleeding so much
-Battle equiment- cost increase to 75/20
-Fleet of foot- 40% redced damage done on the move, but increased damage incoming taken by 15%- Risk- reward
-slight ranged damage increase

Banshees
--------
-Health- 750-->850

-Rangers- Pathfinder gear now grants toggle (with a timer) from quick reload, low ranged damage, to allow for long reload and high ranged damage. the simple truth is there are games where they are just needed but their damage is so pitiful given how its been adjusted to stop the old time situations but it was as we are seeing now quite necessary. (Purchasable as an upgrade as pathfinder)/infiltration- purchasabe gear reintroudced so now they would have 2 upgrades for purchase based on the situation

-Shuriken Catapult Turret

-Falcon- T3 Shield- (re-establishes the old statistics of the ranged damage before it was nerfed in addition to granting the shield
speed--> 7

Fire Prism Cannon- 375/135--> 375/120
speed--> 6.5

Orks
----
Globals
-------
-Kult of Speed--> 100--> 150 red
-Use Yur Choppas- Increased damage from 25%--> 20% and increased damage taken by 15% (because they are attacking so recklessly)--> its defintely a nerf but a needed one. as a risk reward play
-Call Da Boys- replaced with reduced reinforce cost globally for 30s. no more just free nobs popping up to decide the game at the end of the game. this is to help simply with wartrukk and base reinforcement cost.

Warboss
-------
health from 920--> 800hp (significant but this is to take into account the general matter of health adjustments all around.)
-enhanced kustom shoota- damage slight increase

Knob
----
670--> 700hp

Mekboy
------
600hp --> 650hp

-Sluggas- 600hp--> 800
-Shootas- 600hp--> 700
-Stormboys- bomba boy- replaced with some other ability, because its pretty rediculous
-Lootas-
-painboy- 350/30--> 350/35

-stickkbombas--> moved to t1 because they have simply no place in t2. there is no way to buy them. when so many other units and upgrades have priority.
-Wartrukk--> Speed-9-->7
-Deff- Dread- 270/65--> 250/55, don't misunderstand the reason for why it was increased to cost what it does, to burning down a full gen farm, but when you take into account it sucks and is a huge power sink to buy this thing that will die. it needs to cost less much like the bloodcrusher. Burnas and bitz--> 100/25. 140 req is outrageous. it makes the deffdread cost practically like that of a wraithlord. or ogryn squad which it will not win against either. especially for a timely pushed stratgecially placed scuicide/ health increase by burna bitz from 300--> 150hp

-Looted Tank-- Speed-->6.5
-Kommandos- make it a purchasable upgrade to be able to use the nades. right now they come as is with too much versatility.

BattleWagon- 2700hp--> 2200 simply put, it needs to be actually, well killable. right now you buy the damn thing and its gg for eldar... there is no actual way to kill the damn thing. I've had 2x firedragons with bright lances. wraith guard fire, dragons, and bright lance and still not even come close to scathing this thing.

Chaos
-------
Global- Malignant blindness--> changed from reduced vision to 20% reduced damge globably for 10 seconds on all opponents units.

Blood Sacrifice- must take into account population- requirements to be used to summon the squad. for the duration of their time on the field. Right now you can go over the populace with
no drawback because it hasn't accounted and that just gives an unrealistic power spike. Plus as they are so temporary--> they should have reduced damage than from your normal bloodletter squad to account for the fact they have such a weak link with the material realm.

Globals- Chaos Terminators- lightning claws removed--> some ability of extra damgage introduced. I dont believe you should just be able to buy a unit and while the upgrade is costly... just gg because nothing can melee them. Tanks aren't even really viable when you take into account the supporting elements of sm are so stable. This will also help the avatar become more viable and same goes for nobs and Seer council in T3.

Chaos Lord- health reduced from 100--> 900
------------------------------------------
Khorne Worship--> speed increase from 2--> 1

Chaos Sorcerer
--------------
-increased starting melee.
-the problem with doomblasts is consistency... there should be a timer on to 25 secs. so that it isn't used multiple times per engagement, but allow the ability to be used to full effect on the next ensuing skirmish

-Cultist- with champion health reduced too 900, slight increase in melee damage in t2.
-CSM- and reduced hp from 1000--> 900, slightly increased bolter damage increased
-Noise Marines- 300 req/30 power, 50 req soundblaster
-Havocs-

-Bloodcrusher- 300/60--> 280/50
-Dreadnought- Dreadnought- 1200--> 1000hp
-Plague Marines- 450/45--> 400/40 tbf they cost just way too much to bring out the field in a timely manner even as much as I despise their sustainability.
-Bloodletters- warpshift reduces damage incoming by 80%. I Simply don't believe you should be invulnerable. the other player should be rewarded for outengaging you, though bcause of it, the ability now grants 100 hp on activation. to help with survivability purposes.

-Chaos Predator
speed--> 6.5

-G.U.O.- 6125hp--> 5500 he's still pretty much a gg button, but this makes him at least somewhat killable.

SM
-----
The problem of SM reall corresponds to value efficeincy so we need to address that. they are to good at capping, too good at sustatining. too good at snowballing with experience.

Globals- Assault Terminators (Same reason as Chaos Terminators)- lightning claws removed--> some ability of extra damgage introduced. I dont believe you should just be able to buy a unit and while the upgrade is costly... just gg because nothing can melee them. Tanks aren't even really viable when you take into account the supporting elements of sm are so stable. This will also help the avatar become more viable and same goes for nobs and Seer council in T3.

-scouts- reduced speed to 6 instead of 6.5 i mean come on fellas, even the ravener alpha isnt as fast as these speed demons
-tacs- removed faster capping trait (re- introduced in T3 as an upgrade)- no faction should have this ability in T1. it just completely breaks the starting stages of the game and this should cause for me conscious decision on sm approach to where they send units, and reduced hp from 1000--> 900, though slightly increased bolter damage.
-devs-
-asm-

-Plasma cannon team- 400--> 350/15
-razorback- reduced speed to 7 (forcing more cautious placement of your movements)
-Whirwind
-Dreadnought- 1200--> 1000hp the only problem with the dreadnought is that it needs to be more killable. given how well it can be supported in t2

-Predator- reduced speed to 6.5

O.M.
----
-I honestly don't have the experience to make suggestions despite my loathings about this faction

Tyranids
--------
Cap on MC units to 1.--> Increased health for stability purposes. the problem is that more than 1 and the game is impossible to play because you cant counter all the health on the field, plus given the fact they are spitting out other units as well. Everything else I'll leave to more experienced Tyranid Players.
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Re: State of the Game

Postby LOCALgHOST » Fri 23 Dec, 2022 6:35 am

tldr; = buff my faction and remove terminators from the game.

the things are horrible. it will break game so hard - u can't even imagine, bro :)
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Fri 23 Dec, 2022 6:39 am

in fact i'd say there are some stuff like KB immunity after jump is too long, or OM strikes HP overbuffs which make me sad

and about scouts, Fathom - they can't escape melee like gaunts or tics even now - and you wanna slow them down more?
Element
Level 3

Postby Element » Fri 23 Dec, 2022 7:31 am

and about scouts, Fathom - they can't escape melee like gaunts or tics even now - and you wanna slow them down more?

Hmm... I mean what trouble is there in outrunning or more rather just shooting gaunts to death, and even culists are still slower than them at 6 speed if they were ever theoretically changed to that... so can you explain further how it would be so problematic?

Also I never stated anything about removing termis from the game? thats a huge stretch
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sat 24 Dec, 2022 2:04 pm

im explaining = try scouts to escape when they are in charge range of tics and gaunts - u will be surprised. and then extrapolate this shit on scouts speed debuff.
Element
Level 3

Postby Element » Sat 24 Dec, 2022 4:14 pm

Itd be no different than any other squad being caught... It just means tou need to be morencareful with your positioning more... no nore get out of jail free cards for having blatant speed which a lots to them capping up the map faster than any other faction other than Nids.

"Because I choose to."

Return to “Balance Discussion”