SM Ideas

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

SM Ideas

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sun 11 Dec, 2022 8:20 am

Move ASM Meltabombs to T1. Will help vs turrets. People might actually use Blind Grenades.

Termies change weapons like Tacs. Getting Assault Cannons and then getting vehicle rushed is a very sad situation.

Buff termie flamer somehow. It only gets used for gen bashing as it is.
Ritterina
Level 1

Re: SM Ideas

Postby Ritterina » Sun 11 Dec, 2022 12:21 pm

Just replace tacs with termies. It should help you to win with SM.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sun 11 Dec, 2022 8:09 pm

Ritterina wrote:Just replace tacs with termies. It should help you to win with SM.

I already win with SM. While Tacs switching to Termies would definitely be welcome it does make SM mirrors very boring. There aren't any counters against Termies in T1 and Termies don't do well against other Termies. You might think to go Apo for that increased healing, but that's more beneficial in drawn out fights in ranged. Bolters won't do anything against other Termies so T1 would come down to a melee fight and buffing Termies with FC Power Sword would be the new meta. It would be like that every game, which would become stale very fast.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Mon 12 Dec, 2022 11:50 am

melta t1 is supergood

all others very questionable
cause flamers already OK
u just dont use it properly now
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Mon 12 Dec, 2022 7:06 pm

LOCALgHOST wrote:melta t1 is supergood

cause flamers already OK

SM are supposed to be adaptable so changing Termie weapons makes sense.

When was the last time you saw anyone use flamers on Termies? I only remember old retail quick FC Termie for gen bashes. Besides gens and anti-garrison, flamers are only good vs T1 units and some T2. They are bad vs all T3 units and you get them in T3. My suggestion would be to increase the area for the ability or the damage of it.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Wed 14 Dec, 2022 7:43 am

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:

cause flamers already OK

When was the last time you saw anyone use flamers on Termies? I only remember old retail quick FC Termie for gen bashes. Besides gens and anti-garrison, flamers are only good vs T1 units and some T2. They are bad vs all T3 units and you get them in T3. My suggestion would be to increase the area for the ability or the damage of it.

i use flamers 100% on termies in 1v1
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Wed 14 Dec, 2022 5:44 pm

Meltabomb in T1 would be insane vs sentinels, plus it would allow for 2xASM basically immune to vehicle rush, which would screw even more factions than just IG.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Wed 14 Dec, 2022 9:53 pm

LOCALgHOST wrote:
Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:

cause flamers already OK

i use flamers 100% on termies in 1v1

Can you show replays against high lvl players? I've been trying to use them more lately, but they're only good in niche situations.

Asmon wrote:Meltabomb in T1 would be insane vs sentinels, plus it would allow for 2xASM basically immune to vehicle rush, which would screw even more factions than just IG.

The thing about Sentinels would be true. Maybe just make turrets T2. Not sure if they're an issue in 1v1 but they definitely are in 3v3. You retreat once vs a Techmarine or Plague Champ and your gen farm gets turreted. You either let them have the farm and try to flank or hope a teammate can come over.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Mon 19 Dec, 2022 6:23 am

Asmon wrote:Meltabomb in T1 would be insane vs sentinels, plus it would allow for 2xASM basically immune to vehicle rush, which would screw even more factions than just IG.

ye, but it's a damn helluva lot of power! 90+40 = 130 power
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Mon 19 Dec, 2022 6:27 am

kami wrote:Can you show replays against high lvl players? I've been trying to use them more lately, but they're only good in niche situations.

i will keep in mind.
but the common answer - use it + librarian vs melee termies and high model count stuff = awesome. ofc u don't just fight in melee. just chase them back and fry

The thing about Sentinels would be true. Maybe just make turrets T2. Not sure if they're an issue in 1v1 but they definitely are in 3v3. You retreat once vs a Techmarine or Plague Champ and your gen farm gets turreted. You either let them have the farm and try to flank or hope a teammate can come over.[/quote]

turrets t2 in 3v3 is goddamn a joke

Return to “Balance Discussion”