Chaos Sorcerer balance

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Larpersferry
Level 0

Chaos Sorcerer balance

Postby Larpersferry » Mon 11 Apr, 2022 5:12 pm

Been trying to get back into DOW and I can't help but feel like the Chaos Sorc might be broken. I don't know what the ability is but basically it lets him warp enemy set-up squads to his side of the map and then melee them. I've read the all the wargear descriptions and none of them describe him being able to do this. I've hit retreat the exact instant the spell appears to be casting and somehow they still kill get instantly killed. The bizarre thing is it seems to be happening without sight of my squad. All the other Chaos heroes seem okay but it seems like everyone goes sorc for this exact reason. What's the counter to this besides simply not using set-up squads which seems like a component of space marine armies?
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Re: Chaos Sorcerer balance

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Mon 11 Apr, 2022 7:05 pm

The wargear is called 'Sigil of the Rift'. Most people just make ASM's rather than Devs because of it. You can still go Devs though if you want, just gotta expect to lose 1 or 2 Dev squads. I make 3 if I decide to go Devs against Sorc. If he vehicle rushes you in T2 you got Lascannon upgrades so not much of a problem.

Vindicarex
Head of Balance

Postby Vindicarex » Mon 11 Apr, 2022 8:00 pm

His doombolts feel kinda nuts sometimes though. Maybe im just traumatized from retail doombolts never working
Cry this Crysis
Level 1

Postby Cry this Crysis » Tue 12 Apr, 2022 10:09 am

Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Tue 12 Apr, 2022 5:47 pm

Catchy song.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sat 16 Apr, 2022 11:20 am

cry takes my sorc dreams to the max

the last thing i want to see - team sorcs wiping termies squad in seconds
Larpersferry
Level 0

Postby Larpersferry » Mon 18 Apr, 2022 5:16 pm

Yeah this just seems imbalanced to me. Maybe as tier 3 wargear but t1? Just the mechanics of the game mean any ability that transports units is likely to be imbalanced. It reminds me of the days when Tyranid could make tunnels everywhere on the map quickly and easily. Also the doom bolt thing is incredibly strong too. Early game tier 1I had it kill a tactical squad completely, of course I figured that can't be possible but apparently somehow it does that much damage.
TheTenso
Level 2

Postby TheTenso » Tue 19 Apr, 2022 7:06 am

Same situation as 2x sentinels, op if used correctly, but how often do you see somebody use him correctly ?
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Tue 19 Apr, 2022 7:57 am

lol - this wargear is one making game very fun to watch
never touch it

it's like u comparing axe in carpenter's hands and axe in office manager's never doubt - carpenter use axe better. it's not mean u should broke the axe in manager's favor
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Tue 19 Apr, 2022 7:37 pm

This game is balanced around overpowered things. Use your own op to counter his.

Return to “Balance Discussion”