:(

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Surprise Attack!
Level 2

Re: :(

Postby Surprise Attack! » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 9:11 pm

I have an idea. Keep FoS as it is, except take it off the FC's fist and put it on the Termie FC's default power fist. Voila, now you have cost and tradeoffs involved without messing up the intent of the ability.

Not to mention the fact that people will now have a reason to go Termie FC.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sat 09 Aug, 2014 11:04 pm

It's perfectly fine how it is. FC sucks. Beyond predictable, no lulwutbullshit like invincible ASM, or haha-mark-target and no OP globals like warboss.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Tue 12 Aug, 2014 6:56 pm

I don't like the fact that you can knock him back, even teleport your vehicle away, and he will still land the hit once he gets back up regardless of distance. Tracking ignores range. It's broken.
Bahamut
Level 4

Postby Bahamut » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 2:34 pm

why FoS has all this issues and the tracking skill from raptors doesnt? Or raptor's skill got the same problems and it's a game's engine thingy?
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Thu 14 Aug, 2014 6:04 pm

Bahamut wrote:why FoS has all this issues and the tracking skill from raptors doesnt? Or raptor's skill got the same problems and it's a game's engine thingy?

Its what the tracking FoS ability does is what people have an issue with.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
After
Level 1

Postby After » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 7:49 am

Please remove this broken ability. Couldn't get any closer to an "I-win" button.

Or at least go with the Termie armor requirement.

So frustrating to lose to such skill-less play.
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Tue 19 Aug, 2014 2:42 am

Then don't lose to a hero that is actually quite difficult to consistently win with (in 1v1).
I can see tracking FoS being a massive problem in team games though.
In respect to team games though, its something that has never been balanced and never can be. When stuff like warp gates, rangers, and d-cannons exist (just to list a few things), 2v2 and 3v3 are game modes that by default cannot be balanced.
PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 11:00 am

I really like it how everyone who's posted kind of looks like they're doing a :(
Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/phatness_

Since everyone forgets, my timezone is AEST (UTC/GMT) +10 hours. AEDT is (UTC/GMT) +11 hours. Hopefully no-one tells me what time any tournament is on.
sk4zi
Level 3

Postby sk4zi » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 1:37 pm

actually i really dont get what the problem was ...

i play FC main since dow2 vanilla beta and it never bugged in my (for sure) more than 2000 games with fc.

its allways the same that ppl complaining about bugs if things dont go like in SC2 or other math games.
it just had a real long wind up time and was therefore hard to use AND more important - it was possible to "doge" or prevent by moving the vehicle.

in the very beginning it was 80 mana to use AND did not track.
that was the way relic implementd it and it really was the best way.

true its a really powerfull ability, but i think noone would disagree that there are many many powerfull abilitys in the game..
imho there are even many much much more powerfull abilitys

so according to this wine i just can say: "omg omg the FC can kill a vehicle - oh nooo cry cry "

but i also would be ok if the ability is removed and given him another ridiculus think like other t2 wheapons have

i never would agree to remove it for no alternative.
or the pfist would just be worth 100/25
really i didnt expect or want a change to the FoS because now its a no brainer - even more powerfull then before but i would not even say that it is OP now.
its just a strong vehicle counter not even more.

to be honest - i think the Pfist is just a joke compared to the e.g. the knobs rokkit launcher ;)
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 9:01 pm

It removes vehicles, that's the problem.
anyway, there's no reason whatsoever to ever get any other wargear but powerfist, sm have so much control there's literally no need for thunderhammer, power fist fixes any problems you coudl have with vehicles.
altho i agree with tex that winning with this hero is freaking frustrating to pull off, with apo you can go yolo and win, the same with TM but fc is pretty much crap aside from this imo
imb4 hate

Return to “Balance Discussion”