Why is there no + icon for Big Shootas on Shoota Boys?

Generic non-balance topics.
appiah4
Level 3

Why is there no + icon for Big Shootas on Shoota Boys?

Postby appiah4 » Mon 26 Jul, 2021 7:15 pm

I wasn't sure which forum is the best place to post this question but here goes: Why is there no + icon for Big Shootas on Shoota Boys?

I get on the Discord server but can't post.. I get the message telling me to react to the emote but I'm clueless as to how to do this. :/
ALWAYS ANGRY!! ALL THE TIME!!
Impregnable
Level 4

Re: Why is there no + icon for Big Shootas on Shoota Boys?

Postby Impregnable » Tue 27 Jul, 2021 8:15 am

- Joining the server as a new member shows you a welcome screen with channels all locked. There you should be able to see a bot named MEE6 saying "React to this emote to be released from the Warp!". Underneath the message, there is an icon you can click on.
- If you can't see the icon, you should google the solution.

- Most functions have moved on to Discord from forums. Report bugs there for faster response and feedback.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Tue 27 Jul, 2021 9:38 am

there is no need of a + icon on big shoota squad because big shoota squad and basic shoota squad already have different icons.
Unupgraded shootas have the same icon as guardsmen, and big shootaz have the same icon as Tactical marines.
appiah4
Level 3

Postby appiah4 » Tue 27 Jul, 2021 10:15 am

Impregnable wrote:- Joining the server as a new member shows you a welcome screen with channels all locked. There you should be able to see a bot named MEE6 saying "React to this emote to be released from the Warp!". Underneath the message, there is an icon you can click on.
- If you can't see the icon, you should google the solution.

- Most functions have moved on to Discord from forums. Report bugs there for faster response and feedback.

Thank you, I will try this.

GuruSkippy wrote:there is no need of a + icon on big shoota squad because big shoota squad and basic shoota squad already have different icons.
Unupgraded shootas have the same icon as guardsmen, and big shootaz have the same icon as Tactical marines.

Honestly, yes it does change with the upgrade but I had never noticed it. Maybe a + icon instead of the boltgun shell would be a better representation? For your considerations.
ALWAYS ANGRY!! ALL THE TIME!!
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Tue 27 Jul, 2021 11:00 am

well, I'm not a part of the dev team.
And anyway, I think it's fine, you'll get used to the different decorators.
Maybe this can help you :
https://dow.fandom.com/wiki/Dawn_of_War_II_decorators
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Mon 04 Oct, 2021 1:11 am

Usually we add the + squad decorator icon when there is no apparent physical wargear change to the squad (or the change is hard to see). The big shootas are usually pretty easy to spot on the squad. We can consider this point though!

The other version of this kind of change you might see is to change the squad icon itself. I doubt we'd do that as the heavy ranged infantry icons for Orks usually represent Flash Gitz and Kommandoes which seems more appropriate.

Return to “Community General Discussion”