Bugs/Issues Thread #2

Generic non-balance topics.
Indrid

Bugs/Issues Thread #2

Postby Indrid » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 1:59 am

Last thread was very bloated with stuff so decided to make another for 2.3 releases.

2.3.0 - updated September 07 2014

- Plague Champion with Bile Spewer and Blight Grenades will only have the flame decorator
- Chaos Lord with Armor of the Inferno and Combi-Flamer will only have the flame decorator
- Chaos Sorcerer does not lose the jump decorator from Vestments of the Warp when equipping another armor wargear
- Infestation Towers' sight radius is not affected by Malignant Blindness
- Sentinel lacks a detector decorator
- Artillery Spotter's abilities still work when they retreat and more importantly the cooldown resets. Leads to infinite usage when next to a Beacon etc since the abilities don't cost energy.
- Lootas reported being able to fire without being setup and even while moving. Was seen with the default Deffgun. (needs confirmation/proof)
- Guardsmen sometimes permanently lose models when upgraded with leaders and using webways/tunnels
- The GK Rhino uses a regular Space Marine as the gunner
- The Vindicare Assassin cannot target HQs with Turbo-Penetrator rounds loaded
- Turrets deal zero damage to power nodes
- The AI does not attack power nodes
- IST sergeant seems to move faster than the rest of the squad, causing issues with pathing and coherency. (needs confirmation)
- MoK AC has no head with Death Guard Elite scheme (needs confirmation)
- Reinforced IST and Kasrkin models with grenade launchers use the wrong animations
- Chaos Sorcerer gains health when using Consume on a Heretic Aspiring Champion
- Multiple squads of Plague Marines and Chosen Plague Marines are all selected together when double-clicking one of the squads
- Shoot Boyz and Flash Gitz also have the above issue
- If a Strike Squad purchases a weapon upgrade, then Psybolts Ammunition, then a justicar (in that order) they lose their weapon upgrade
- Force Commander spotted with the teleporter pack and no jump decorator
- Garrisoned AV weapons will not fire at desirable targets (set-up teams only?)
- Chaos Sorcerer Warp global does not work on Bloodcrushers often (ever?)
- Using Bionics with the Techmarine and then switching to Signum does not remove the Powerful Sweep ability and you do not get the range buff from Signum
- Armor of the Apothecarian confusion - tooltip says speed buff when in combat, in-game behaviour seems to be the opposite
- The Plague Champion seems to have higher-than-normal keen sight radius
- Loyal to the End lasts forever (needs confirmation)
- Commissar Lord Carapace execute sometimes fails; taking energy but no buff
- Techmarine with Bionics who then purchases Signum keeps the Powerful Sweep ability (needs confirmation)
- Advanced Healing can revive heroes (intended?)
Forestradio
Level 5

Re: Bugs/Issues Thread #2

Postby Forestradio » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 2:08 am

A Chaos Sorceror who equips another armor upgrade after having already equipped "Vestments of the Warp" does not lose the jump unit decorator.
PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 5:24 am

DA and banshee's can't use fleet of foot until after a few models have been dropped.

Symptoms:
Effects battle equipment and aspect purchases. Ability will try to activate and then grey out.

I noticed that there's actually a delay which varies. I've used warshout and after the unit being chased has retreated then it will activate for real.

To fix I have to hit S for stop and then use fleet and it will work most of the time
Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/phatness_

Since everyone forgets, my timezone is AEST (UTC/GMT) +10 hours. AEDT is (UTC/GMT) +11 hours. Hopefully no-one tells me what time any tournament is on.
Swift

Postby Swift » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 9:04 am

Is this a bug generally, or just my computer not texturing things well, since I do have completely black Dark Reapers too. I imagine if it was a general bug, people would notice, but just pointing it out.

Tac sergeant for Imperial Fists (Elite) has a cloth thing on his chest that shows up a glossy dark red.Image
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
BaptismByLoli
Level 4

Postby BaptismByLoli » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 11:04 am

Plague Knife does DoT to Generators
And is it possible to give Sentinels a detector icon?
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 11:43 am

The plague dot deals damage of type melee_heavy, so it will somewhat damage gens and vehicles currently.
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 12:48 pm

It looks the same for me Swift, just seems to be the way it was done.
Swift

Postby Swift » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 12:56 pm

Quite frankly I would let any texture problem slip for now though, such excellent work on the patch as it is means these are so easily forgotten.

And thanks for calling me Swift, not Sabre :D
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 1:04 pm

Artillery spotters ability still functions in retreat and cd resets. (Oh the possibilities...)
Turrets don't damage nodes (IG lasturret en sentry turret from TM&PC)
VA turbo-penetrator rounds can't target HQ's

Has there been looked into Lootas firing their gun while not set-up and/or even while moving?
And into transport vehicles loaded with units being one-shotted by Eldritches? (rediculous for laind raiders)

Can people save replays and send them in when they have any of the 2 above occurring please.
I will try to remember myself aswell :p
Bahamut
Level 4

Postby Bahamut » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 2:09 pm

Indrid wrote:Last thread was very bloated with stuff so decided to make another for 2.3 releases.

2.3 RC1 - updated June 19 2014

- Sentinel lacks a detector decorator

Isnt this intended? no vehicle has decorator, that includes sentinel AFAIK
Raffa
Level 4

Postby Raffa » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 2:25 pm

Already mentioned this, but the first time I used Carnifex Bio plasma it bugged out. Has been fine since.

Lictor Alpha Flesh Hook still bugs sometimes when used from infiltration.

Unending Purge has no visual indicator, or maybe it's just smaller than it used to be.

Indrid wrote:- Lootas reported being able to fire without being setup and even while moving. Was seen with the default Deffgun.

Wat.
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 2:35 pm

It might be intended with vehicles in general, but knowing what is a detector is a pretty vital piece of tactical information so I think the Sentinel should get it. Not for me to decide though, it's just on the list to be considered.
xJekkuJere
Level 0

Postby xJekkuJere » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 5:31 pm

I came up with an issue twice, and i also labbed it with my friend ...

Guardsmen upgraded with Sergeant or Commissar that has lost some models, after entering and leaving from Webway gate, some of the models "dissapear", with Sergeant you got total of from 9 to 8 - 7 ( other squad had 8 and other 7 with sarge ), and as for Commissar the same 7 or 8. The max ammount of models will just vanish.

Not sure if it's just me, but i came up on the same issue twice, i got both replays stored in case, one from game and one from the test we did.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 6:27 pm

It happens when guardsmen enter ravener alpha tunnels too. Not sure if it is due to the guardsmen leaders or just the double reinforce that they have, if it's the latter it may affect endless swarm gaunts too.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
dark heretic
Level 1

Postby dark heretic » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 7:31 pm

Sometimes my game crashes when the players are loading in a MP match, this never happened in 2.2 so i presume that 2.3 is causing it. Not sure how to fix it, its happened twice on different maps and its not steam being annoying. Just thought i'd tell you guys. Thanks for the patch anyway, its really good
Last edited by dark heretic on Thu 19 Jun, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#codexissalty
dark heretic
Level 1

Postby dark heretic » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 8:00 pm

add on- is 2.3 standalone or does it require 2.1, 2.2 etc?
#codexissalty
Dr. Kukri
Level 1

Postby Dr. Kukri » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 8:16 pm

Two GK Rhino glitches for me today.

Stormtroopers got stuck and were not able to leave the vehicle after I had sent them inside (the ST indicator was still visible though).

Later in the same match the other Rhino didn't react to my commands and was locked in place permanently.
Bahamut
Level 4

Postby Bahamut » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 10:26 pm

That Torpid Gamer wrote:It happens when guardsmen enter ravener alpha tunnels too. Not sure if it is due to the guardsmen leaders or just the double reinforce that they have, if it's the latter it may affect endless swarm gaunts too.

has to be leaders, because gaunt squads don't have this issue
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 10:27 pm

It's a very old bug iirc and I'm sure I've seen it on ES gaunts/gants before.
Bahamut
Level 4

Postby Bahamut » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 10:46 pm

would be way too common since all RA players would encounter it whenever they put gaunts in tunnels to quick reinforce.

I've seen 9/9 gaunt squads but that's because one of the endless swarm models died and can be repurchased. It used to bug out when they had warrior leaders and both endless swarm guants died but that's not even possible now
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 1:13 am

Don't really know how to categorize this, or even if it's not a bug or some other issue, but the Inquisitor's Hammer of the Witches ability sometimes just doesn't produce an effect despite going into cooldown. This has happened to me on a number of ocassions and oddly, almost always on the Chaos Lord

It's not a matter of range and the Inquisitor is not knocked back when casting. There's either some kind of line of sight issue or it's an actual bug. Does the hammer of the witches require line of sight?
BaptismByLoli
Level 4

Postby BaptismByLoli » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 1:17 am

The target(in this case, Chaos Lord) needs to
A) Be within Line of Sight
B) Be within casting range

If neither one of the requirement is met, the ability will be cancelled and you should still have the energy refunded and no cooldown taking place

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
TGZero
Level 2

Postby TGZero » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 4:00 am

None of the links work for me, giving me a NSIS Error stating "Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy".
I embrace Death without regret, as I have embraced life without fear.

For the Dark Gods.
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 4:43 am

Try disabling any anti-virus software you are running when you download. Many will go nuts downloading a 700MB .exe file.

This is not really what this thread is for though. Please use the Technical Issues board in future.
dark heretic
Level 1

Postby dark heretic » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 9:58 am

sry about posting my issue in this thread, i reinstalled it and it work's fine, should of posted on the technical issues thread
#codexissalty
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 11:09 am

Atlas wrote:Don't really know how to categorize this, or even if it's not a bug or some other issue, but the Inquisitor's Hammer of the Witches ability sometimes just doesn't produce an effect despite going into cooldown. This has happened to me on a number of ocassions and oddly, almost always on the Chaos Lord

It's not a matter of range and the Inquisitor is not knocked back when casting. There's either some kind of line of sight issue or it's an actual bug. Does the hammer of the witches require line of sight?

That's existed for as long as I can remember in retribution. It tends to happen if the Inquisitor turns more than 180 degrees from the start of the casting animation to the end. It is a bug and not caused with the enemy moving out of range/line of sight, no energy is refunded and the cooldown kicks in as if the spell was used.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 5:52 pm

That Torpid Gamer wrote:
Atlas wrote:Don't really know how to categorize this, or even if it's not a bug or some other issue, but the Inquisitor's Hammer of the Witches ability sometimes just doesn't produce an effect despite going into cooldown. This has happened to me on a number of ocassions and oddly, almost always on the Chaos Lord

That's existed for as long as I can remember in retribution. It tends to happen if the Inquisitor turns more than 180 degrees from the start of the casting animation to the end. It is a bug and not caused with the enemy moving out of range/line of sight, no energy is refunded and the cooldown kicks in as if the spell was used.

That is when the bug happens. Looked into the rbf. and the tracking stops after a unit passed the 90 degree mark on either the left or the right. So once a hero goes behind the inquisitor's original position she was facing when she started the ability it will bug out. This is my assumption though.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Major Richard Sharpe
Level 1

Postby Major Richard Sharpe » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 11:08 pm

It seems that the AI in 2.3 is considerably more incompetent and passive in comparison to 2.2, for example, the AI refuses to build a lot of the available units, and gets a lot less units than it can actually support. In 2.2, it is very common to drown up to your eyeballs in enemy AI units, but in 2.3 it is really really quiet on both sides.
BaptismByLoli
Level 4

Postby BaptismByLoli » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 11:15 pm

IIRC, there is already another AI mod called Kan Krusha's AI Mod or something like that.

It aims to improve DoW AI but I don't know if Elite has incorporated it into the game or not.

Oh, and is it just me or is the Wraithlord supposed to still be able to fire its Shoulder Mounted Upgrade at a unit it is currently in melee with?

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
Aertes
Level 3

Postby Aertes » Sat 21 Jun, 2014 12:01 am

Grey Knights

GK Inquisitorial troop's sergeant seems to move much faster than the rest of his squad, and if they are given a repair order they stop as soon as the sergeant is in repair range, leaving the unit spread on the field.

Not sure if the Psybolts ammunition for GK Strike Squad is working, but it doesn't seem to have much effect in their performance.

GK Rhino's gunner is a Space Marine model that doesn't match the rest of the Grey Knight army.

Many of the new texts look very technical and repetitive. For example, the GK Dreadnought's grenade lanucher could have a better speech than "gives a grenade launcher that fires grenades that deal grenade launcher damage".

Imperial Guard

The Vostroyan Lord General's head seems to be strangely small, even with the russian-like hat.

Return to “Community General Discussion”