Bugs/Issues Thread #2

Generic non-balance topics.
Aertes
Level 3

Re: Bugs/Issues Thread #2

Postby Aertes » Sat 21 Jun, 2014 12:38 am

The AI doesn't seem to attack built power nodes. Sometimes enemies even stand around them like they didn't know they can be destroyed then captured.

The Chosen Plague Marines work very cool, but:
- I think they would look more original (and accurate) if they wielded bolters instead of plasma pistols. They could have a feature to fire bolters one handed and on the move without penalties, specially now that the normal Plague Marines lost a member and Nurgle's rotting bolters have much less presence.
- Their global icon's description is pretty poor. "Summons Chosen Plague Marines" and that's all. It could inform better about their characteristics, their rotting melee attacks and so.
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Sat 21 Jun, 2014 1:54 am

The SM guy as the Rhino gunner is just what the model is. You can't just stick whatever gunner you want in there unfortunately. Maybe one of the model guys can change it.

The AI not attacking power nodes has been there ever since the target priority for nodes was removed, before Beta 11 even. It's well known but I will add it to the list.

You wanting CPMs to use one-handed bolters is not a bug.
Aertes
Level 3

Postby Aertes » Sat 21 Jun, 2014 2:15 am

It wasn't meant to be informed as a bug, just a personal opinion.
Major Richard Sharpe
Level 1

Postby Major Richard Sharpe » Sat 21 Jun, 2014 2:25 am

You will note that this thread is named "Bugs/Issues", if you wish to make a "personal opinion" and 'suggestion', the correct action to take is to make a new thread. Before we get into pedantry, "issues" obviously refers to technical issues/problems rather than any personal issues.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 21 Jun, 2014 5:27 am

Not sure if this is a one off thing but in one lobby I joined in, a couple of players and I had issues with the hero selection screen. Mine always looked my pick as Random and I had another player mention that it wouldn't let them ready up. For both of them, leaving and re-entering the lobby seemed to fix it.

Still, we don't know what caused it.
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Sat 21 Jun, 2014 7:23 pm

You can still pathblock stuff in retreat with Kill the Weak and Seismic Roar due to units in retreat stopping when the Chaos Lord/Hive Tyrant start using the ability.

The Doom of Malantai can be special attacked in retreat -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zjFwV53DwE Happens around 24:50

GUO "Foul Snare" still doesn't work all the time.
Raffa
Level 4

Postby Raffa » Sat 21 Jun, 2014 8:19 pm

Radio the Forest wrote:You can still pathblock stuff in retreat with Kill the Weak and Seismic Roar due to units in retreat stopping when the Chaos Lord/Hive Tyrant start using the ability.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug, I consider it good play actually, getting your hero into retreat path to do this.
Red Beard
Level 2

Postby Red Beard » Sat 21 Jun, 2014 9:00 pm

So was observing a game and I noticed that when DJ Raffa purchased the AC for his KCSM he was headless. He was using the Death Guard Elite colour scheme. Don't know if the AC of the KCSM is also headless for the other colour schemes.
Raffa
Level 4

Postby Raffa » Sat 21 Jun, 2014 10:59 pm

Yes, it was after I rebought the KCSM AC after he died and he had no head.

Probably not worth fixing since Sterling has made some frikkin gorgeous new marked CSM.
Helios
Level 3

Postby Helios » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 3:01 am

Seems like the new Kasrkin sergeant has less range than his squadmates. Every time you tell the squad to attack something at max range the brave little leader will stand CONSIDERABLY closer to the enemy in order to be able to reach with his nifty gold plated laspistol... Is this intended?
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 9:21 am

Visual bugs.
- Imperial Fists Force Commander don't have backpack.
- Chosen Plague Marines have the Loyalists Terminators Hip piece armour (?)
- World Eaters and Thousands Sons Chaos Terminators have the Loyalists Terminators Hip amour piece instead of the Chaos one (which was fixed like 5 months ago by myself :S )
- Iron Warriors Chaos Terminators are using the power armour powerfist variation instead the Terminator's one. It's small as fuck and don't fits very well (despite the correct Iron Warriors aesthetic)
- Death Guard Chaos Terminator model is broken as fuck. (loincloth and hip armour pieces without "bone" attached, the model is cut if you look it from behind, the shoulders clip into the armour, the neck is... well, nasty)
- Death Guard Heretics don't move their head.
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
BaptismByLoli
Level 4

Postby BaptismByLoli » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 9:51 am

Arent Nugle stuff supposed to be nasty though?

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
sterling
Contributor

Postby sterling » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 10:56 am

Lost Son of Nikhel wrote:Visual bugs.
- Imperial Fists Force Commander don't have backpack. - FIXED

- Chosen Plague Marines have the Loyalists Terminators Hip piece armour (?)
- World Eaters and Thousands Sons Chaos Terminators have the Loyalists Terminators Hip amour piece instead of the Chaos one (which was fixed like 5 months ago by myself :S ) - FIXED

- Iron Warriors Chaos Terminators are using the power armour powerfist variation instead the Terminator's one. It's small as fuck and don't fits very well (despite the correct Iron Warriors aesthetic) - FIXED - shouldn't have been used on the terminator

- Death Guard Chaos Terminator model is broken as fuck. (loincloth and hip armour pieces without "bone" attached, the model is cut if you look it from behind, the shoulders clip into the armour, the neck is... well, nasty) - FIXED

- Death Guard Heretics don't move their head. I recall it caused a lot of problems with the new helm and tubing so no it doesn't for now
New models for Elite and Retribution...
http://www.dawnofwar.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=397
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 4:53 pm

Radio the Forest wrote:The Doom of Malantai can be special attacked in retreat -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zjFwV53DwE Happens around 24:50
At first I thought it was due to the special attack animation starting before the DoM hit retreat.

But after looking into the files with some help from Windu we found out that the force sword on the GK dreadnought does not check if the target is in retreat or not. This might be the cause of the problem.
fankater
Level 2

Postby fankater » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 5:09 pm

Black Tempalrs and Blood Angels Techmarine has some weird spiky thing between legs. Also, could someone change Space Wolves TSM Sergeant head ? It just looks horrible...
For the Emperor skurwysyny !
BaptismByLoli
Level 4

Postby BaptismByLoli » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 5:18 pm

Raptors have some sort of weird jump after landing. Happens quite rarely though. Pay attention at the time and distance covered.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 5:21 pm

fankater wrote:Black Tempalrs and Blood Angels Techmarine has some weird spiky thing between legs.

This has already been fixed for the next release.
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 5:27 pm

ASM do the same thing Discreet. Also seen some insane leaps from the Autarch and Warlock.
Swift

Postby Swift » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 5:50 pm

Yes I noticed in one game they tended to jump, then teleport ridiculous lengths of the battlefield whilst remaining functional.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
BaptismByLoli
Level 4

Postby BaptismByLoli » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 5:53 pm

So this is something that has been there for quite a while I presume amongst the jump troops?
Swift

Postby Swift » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 5:54 pm

Only in 2.3 I believe.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 6:02 pm

No, pretty sure it's been an issue for the entire lifetime of DoW2.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 6:37 pm

Not a real bug I guess (visual) and posted this before but can anyone give SM's a neck already? :/
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 7:05 pm

Radio the Forest wrote:The Doom of Malantai can be special attacked in retreat

Fixed for the full release. As Riku said, it was an issue with the GK dread.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Sun 22 Jun, 2014 11:00 pm

if you guys are talking about leap melee charges and how they can travel across the entire map if you change targets mid leap then yes, it's a known issue that has been around forever.
Aertes
Level 3

Postby Aertes » Mon 23 Jun, 2014 7:10 am

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:if you guys are talking about leap melee charges and how they can travel across the entire map if you change targets mid leap then yes, it's a known issue that has been around forever.

I guess the problem is that the leaping model targets an enemy model instead of terrain, so if target is changed it keeps the leap on to the new objective.
ShowMeMagik
Level 2

Postby ShowMeMagik » Mon 23 Jun, 2014 8:55 pm

I maybe wrong but I thouht the Terminator FC potrait bug was fixed? Just seen a game with an ultramrine termi FC and it did the switch portrait trick
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Mon 23 Jun, 2014 9:07 pm

The Terminator FC is a new unit, so goes to the end of the roster. Same deal with Sternguard/Vanguard.

Not really a bug, just not what people might expect to happen. Not sure if it can be changed without some serious UI shenanigans.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 6:24 pm

Alright, things on the list that are (tentatively) fixed:

- IG Catachan Elite scheme causes crashes for some users if they don't run on high/ultra settings
- Chaos Sorcerer does not lose the jump decorator from Vestments of the Warp when equipping another armor wargear
- "Plague of Undeath" is still shown as a Plague Champion global ability on the hero selection screen
- Iron Warrior Elite scheme bolters have no sound effect
- Chosen Plague Marine global could use a better tooltip
- The Drop Pod global ability needs an updated tooltip for the hero selection screen
- Kasrkin sergeant seems to move faster than the rest of the squad, causing issues with pathing and coherency. Might also be that he has less weapon range.
- Brother-Captain's Nemesis Warding Staff needs a new tooltip to reflect it's new DPS value (or remove reference to DPS)
- The GK Dread can knockback retreating units with special attacks from its force weapon
sterling
Contributor

Postby sterling » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 7:43 pm

A few minor visual bugs with some of the new models also fixed.
New models for Elite and Retribution...
http://www.dawnofwar.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=397

Return to “Community General Discussion”