2.2 preview

Generic non-balance topics.
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Re: 2.2 preview

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 12:37 pm

Lulgrim wrote:Oh the energy-as-hp thing? I thought we didn't have that any more as Cael said to remove energy. So did Chim and Russ still have the magic armor?

All imperial Guard vehicles had "reinforced armor plating"upgrade that cost 100/15, apart from baneblade and manticore, and can be applied multiple times. This "HP" works as "energy shield", like Commissar Refractor field and FC iron halo etc. But to regen this shield u need to purchase more of it.

Check the retail Retribution if I did not manage to clear it out.
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 1:36 pm

Chimera is getting something more useful of an upgrade instead of the extra plating. We reduced it's cost so many times, and made some numerous changes, but it's never really worthwhile getting.

Sentinel & Leman Russ both had complete reworks of it.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 4:51 am

chimera does, russ does not. it's pretty shit anyway, seeing as it takes full damage from all sources.
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 4:59 am

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:chimera does, russ does not. it's pretty shit anyway, seeing as it takes full damage from all sources.

Yet it can be a lifesaver when it counts.
Raffa
Level 4

Postby Raffa » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 10:20 am

Is this going to be released in time for Eerie's tournament?

Cos Eldar will win it by spamming gayts otherwise :mrgreen:
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 12:01 pm

I don't think it should be used for the tournament. There are number of new SCAR functions which I have added and they need to be tested. SCAR errors will break the flow of games. I have tested the code as much as I can but there is no guarantee it won't cause problems in the wild. It needs to be tested in the wild before it should be used for tournaments.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 2:08 pm

DJ Raffa wrote:Is this going to be released in time for Eerie's tournament?

Cos Eldar will win it by spamming gayts otherwise :mrgreen:

only if GKs gets banned from it :D
xXJAV3L1NXx
Level 0

Postby xXJAV3L1NXx » Fri 28 Jun, 2013 12:21 pm

i like the Legion of the damned, But i would like to see a correct version of Deathwatch, one that the arm is silver, not the shoulders, and for it to work on all units even the dreadnought. I would also like to see Blood angels Death company as a color scheme,

Another thing that would be cool is if you could make the Black Templars their own army, mostly on the fact that they have a strong hatered towards psykers, and having a librarian in the army is against anything they do, so adding a chaplain would be cool too, just some ideas that would be cool, mostly i would like to see the deathwatch
Lag
Level 3

Postby Lag » Fri 28 Jun, 2013 12:43 pm

I would like a deer pet and a power claw palm tree. :lol:
These things need work and time that are not available.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Fri 28 Jun, 2013 1:39 pm

Javelin wanna model etc ? go go
Btw there are some destroyer-mod models for Black Templars is it possible to get them in Elite ?
xXJAV3L1NXx
Level 0

Postby xXJAV3L1NXx » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 12:11 pm

Lag wrote:I would like a deer pet and a power claw palm tree. :lol:
These things need work and time that are not available.

I understand that, but it would be something cool to see, especially the correct Deathwatch skins, and a Blood Angels Death company skin as well, i dont know how do do any of it, and if i did i would work on it personally
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 11:35 pm

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:webway gate abilities to "W" with gridkeys so that i don't accidentally activate them please.

give setup teams sniper formation so that shorter ranged members do not run forward to attack please.
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Wed 03 Jul, 2013 1:29 pm

Got the permission... Can you implement it now? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137
dance commander
Level 2

Postby dance commander » Wed 03 Jul, 2013 3:09 pm

For the love of god someone give this man his power claw.
Aleris
Level 1

Postby Aleris » Wed 03 Jul, 2013 4:26 pm

hahaha, way to go Commissar, persistence pays off. :D
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Thu 04 Jul, 2013 3:39 pm

Lulgrim said he will put it into 2.2 build when he can. So don't rush him =)
PanKiller
Level 1

Postby PanKiller » Thu 04 Jul, 2013 5:08 pm

Whats so special about this claw , the best hero is lg anyway.
Lag
Level 3

Postby Lag » Thu 04 Jul, 2013 10:01 pm

Depends on the game type and skill level. LG is defo the easiest.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Thu 04 Jul, 2013 10:43 pm

Lag wrote:Depends on the game type and skill level. LG is defo the easiest.

He's the best at the moment in pretty much all game modes, but especially 1v1, that map control, that bleed.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Lag
Level 3

Postby Lag » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 8:53 am

I'd honestly go with the Commie in 3v3s for his t3 stuff, not to mention Flare which can disrupt a large number of enemy troops at a cost of 75 red.
Red Beard
Level 2

Postby Red Beard » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 2:22 pm

Seeing a mark of nurgle chaos dreadnought would be awesome :D
Shas'el Doran'ro
Level 2

Postby Shas'el Doran'ro » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 2:34 pm

Hey again, I tried requesting this before but I don't think you noticed me; there is currently a graphical glitch with the Artillery spotter Squad due to the fact they are using a wrong weapon animation - we can all pretty much see the Arty Spotter is caring 'Hellguns' but they're firing like they had normal lasguns, so I'm suggesting you change their weapon animation to the same as the Lord General's retinue or Inquisitorial Storm troopers so they get a bit more fire power and can contribute a bit more to the IG army rather than just be 3 measly guardsmen at 45/3 to reinforce with nearly no dps from their ranged weapons.

Also thanks for giving them detection that was sorely needed, but seriously they deserve this fix.
"To divert from Tau'va is stray away from the one true path, and to stray from the one path is to walk into darkness and despair, only together, serving Tau'va can we prosper not only as an empire but as a race." -- Shas'el T'au Doran'ro
anl1m
Level 0

Postby anl1m » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 3:51 pm

Terminators will get remake cyclone miseles? Firing like SM turels. I think it good idea.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 4:34 pm

i think it's a bad idea.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 5:28 pm

Shas'el Doran'ro wrote:I'm suggesting you change their weapon animation to the same as the Lord General's retinue or Inquisitorial Storm troopers so they get a bit more fire power and can contribute a bit more to the IG army

How does changing the animation give them more firepower?
Commissar Yarrick
Level 3

Postby Commissar Yarrick » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 5:45 pm

Lulgrim wrote:
Shas'el Doran'ro wrote:I'm suggesting you change their weapon animation to the same as the Lord General's retinue or Inquisitorial Storm troopers so they get a bit more fire power and can contribute a bit more to the IG army

I think he was pointing at the visual firepower.
Shas'el Doran'ro
Level 2

Postby Shas'el Doran'ro » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 6:25 pm

Lulgrim wrote:

They'll fire faster with the hotshot/hellgun firing animation thus raising their dps (in theory) but you could also raise their dps stats as you do so.

I just feel like they should have at least some use, more than just calling in their support abilities - like actually doing some damage with their ranged weapons and making them more of a prime target for your enemy.
It is 280/30 to purchase them after all.

I also had the idea of giving them an actual Hellgun upgrade for Tier 3 (same as Kasrkin with same dps, just their 3 models) like "100/25" or so, they'd of course have less health than actual Kasrkin. Or it could be a part of their current Tier 3 upgrade but at a higher price.

But the main issue why I brought this up was because the 'power cable' attached to their gun glitches awkwardly into their hip when they fire with the current animation.

I've tried to push for this fix of their animation since your forums was on the old site, where Caeltos told me it would be fixed for the next patch which was when you were still at 2.1 beta 4, so please - can you fix their animation.
It would mean so much to me if you did, it's such little I ask for.
"To divert from Tau'va is stray away from the one true path, and to stray from the one path is to walk into darkness and despair, only together, serving Tau'va can we prosper not only as an empire but as a race." -- Shas'el T'au Doran'ro
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 8:04 pm

Fixing an animation error is always nice, but there's no reason to buff spotter's dps. these guys can already hard counter a set up team or even two with support, while also helping vs ranged blobs with smokes and melee with the frag shells. They're fine for their price.
Last edited by Torpid on Sat 06 Jul, 2013 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Shas'el Doran'ro
Level 2

Postby Shas'el Doran'ro » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 8:42 pm

That Torpid Gamer wrote:TFixing an animation error is always nice, but there's no reason to buff spotter's dps. these guys can already hard counter a set up team or even two with support, while also helping vs ranged blobs with smokes and melee with the frag shells. They're fine for their price.

Not really, if you go for Catachans you get so much more for just 70 requisition and 10 power more, They counter setup teams with the grenade barrage or disrupt any type of blob with it, counter a melee unit with the shotgun knock back and you can push a suppression team with the smoke grenade, place demo bombs, not to mention they got power melee which means they can tear apart a space marine squad in melee, the Arty spotter really doesn't stand up much compared to Catachans, I'd like to have them as a cheaper alternative to catachans to make some more interesting builds than just having the obvious choice of going for catachans every time instead of the Arty spotter. As an experienced IG player I'm sure other players can agree with me they're not worth their current price even with their abilities.

Their only use is countering setup teams by disrupting them for a moment or blocking their line of sight for a moment, if you place the smoke on a unit that does not require setup they can just move away or fall back a little bit, also the mortar does little to no damage early on and will only disrupt a unit momentarily not force it off, the Tier 2 incendiary round can only "force off" lightly armored infantry from capping, a setup team or a light infantry squad in a building but so can the Catachans Ol' reliable barrage and that is Tier 1, the Catachans is just a so much better choice to go for in any situation than the arty spotter squad, you may get the arty squad as an additional unit after you've deployed your catachan squad but that is a fairly high resource investment for IG in tier1 and is usually not needed.
So I say they need a buff to properly justify their deployment, besides giving them detection.
FiSH
Level 3

Postby FiSH » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 9:03 pm

against multiple setup teams or setup teams backed up with ranged firepower or shoota spams and such, i'd definitely say spotters are better.
><%FiSH((@>

Return to “Community General Discussion”