Community Size?

Generic non-balance topics.
APC-number-123
Level 0

Community Size?

Postby APC-number-123 » Sat 07 Mar, 2020 9:17 pm

I'm looking for a new RTS game to get into and I was reliably informed that DoW:2 has a strong modding community, specifically the Elite mod. I've never played any DoW's but I'm a very strong RTS player in other IPs.

What's the Western North American timezone community like?

Is it worth it buying DoW:R in order to join an active community or would I be spending $30 (for an old game? cmon steam...) and struggling to find people to play with?
Gabriel
Level 1

Re: Community Size?

Postby Gabriel » Sat 07 Mar, 2020 10:06 pm

si quieres gastar 30 dolares, ese es problema tuyo compañero hay montones de paginas a donde lo consigues a 5 dolares full con dlc o sino a 2 dolares por el juego base, de todas formas no necesitas los dlc para poder jugar elite mod, de que hay jugadores los hay no muchos pero hay, pero la cosa esta dividida entre el Elite y el Retail ya que algunos muy buenos jugadores de Retail pierden en Elite y dicen que arruinaron el juego cuando en realidad es todo lo contrario y se quedan en Retail abusando de unidades OP y masivo Spam

(Edit by Torpid posting translation below - Note, normally only English is allowed here, but the translation makes sense and I agree in many ways with what Gabriel is saying but I do not want to assume google translate can fulyl express the meaning behind his words so I keep them directly here too)

Translation:
if you want to spend 30 dollars, that is your problem, partner, there are lots of pages where you get it at 5 dollars full with dlc or 2 dollars per base game, anyway you do not need the dlc to play elite mod, that There are players there are not many but there are, but the thing is divided between the Elite and the Retail since some very good Retail players lose in Elite and say they ruined the game when in fact it is the opposite and they stay in Retail abusing of OP units and massive spam
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sat 07 Mar, 2020 11:24 pm

We're one of those small communities where everyone knows each other. Not one of those situations where you can log on at any time and find a game. If you don't mind adding people to your friends list and playing when they're online there shouldn't be a problem. You can find people to add by asking in the Discord or by players you meet in-game.

As for what is openly available there are usually about 1-3 lobbies for team games going on at any time and 1v1's sometimes. Sometimes nothing. The lobbies will either be open to everyone or for experienced players only. Since everyone knows each other you won't be able to get into the experienced lobbies until you're good enough that someone can vouch for you. You'll be fine after that as long as you show you know what you're doing.

There aren't many RTS's focused on micro and tactics like this so if you decide not to get it add it to your Steam wishlist and it'll inform you when it's on sale that way you can experience it. You just need Retribution and to install the mod.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sun 08 Mar, 2020 2:20 am

Try G2A or something like that for a key for the game. Might get it cheaper if the cost really is prohibitive for you. Clearly people are still buying it so Steam feel no need to reduce the price (/Relic)!

The game is still active enough to warrant getting and I can assure you skill wise you will not learn the game quick enough to master the online scene and get bored.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!

Return to “Community General Discussion”