IG thoughts...

Generic non-balance topics.
Inekra's Senpai Dow2
Level 0

IG thoughts...

Postby Inekra's Senpai Dow2 » Sat 09 Nov, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi all, just wanted to chat about IG in general...

I can't seem to win with IG at all in 1v1s and 3v3s. What is the most viable build order? Why can't guardsmen beat guardians on one on one ranged combat? They just melt against them and it's frustrating. Any suggestions? Who can I learn from. I can take criticism.

My current build order: GM > Sentinel > Spotters > Catachans > T2 > Manticore > Storm Troopers. I never last to get to t3.

What are the pros and cons of IG? Maybe they don't fit my playstyle...

Thanks in advance!
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Re: IG thoughts...

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sat 09 Nov, 2019 6:48 pm

u're too late on t2 it's ur main problem
sent is good to keep pressure and go T2 faster than opponent

sent , second guards maybe third guard with flamers and u're fine
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Sat 09 Nov, 2019 7:27 pm

2x gm sent is what you start from, you buy spotters to counter setup teams, catachans to counter jump squads such as raptors, you dont buy these blindly, don't go for 1 build everygame
manticore is pretty trash in 1v1s, you wanna buy a chimera and abuse the guardsmen cheap reinforcing they get when they have a commisar
just play more, upgrade your gms and dont go for 1 build everygame
https://discord.gg/HrFfdy join the discord and ask toilailee or torpid there about IG, don't bother with the forums for strategy tips
Inekura
Level 2

Postby Inekura » Sat 09 Nov, 2019 7:32 pm

You didnt even get my name right you imposter
Last edited by Inekura on Sat 09 Nov, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inekra's Senpai Dow2
Level 0

Postby Inekra's Senpai Dow2 » Sat 09 Nov, 2019 7:41 pm

As far as I can remember, Manticores are very good in 1s. It just can't kill fast moving units but it does well against units that move still. I wiped mutiple squads before with Manticores :)

Sentinels are good in t1? How? They are kinda weak and only get good at t2 with missles.

Okay, I will ask these two players. Are they IG main? Never heard of them before lol

@Inekra, sorry man. I saw your name pop up on indrids chanel and decided to use it.... Since I like anime too heh
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Sat 09 Nov, 2019 7:46 pm

Inekra's Senpai Dow2 wrote:As far as I can remember, Manticores are very good in 1s. It just can't kill fast moving units but it does well against units that move still. I wiped mutiple squads before with Manticores :)

Sentinels are good in t1? How? They are kinda weak and only get good at t2 with missles.

Okay, I will ask these two players. Are they IG main? Never heard of them before lol

@Inekra, sorry man. I saw your name pop up on indrids chanel and decided to use it.... Since I like anime too heh

You came in here and made it obvious you're new, don't tell us what's very good lol, they give you 0 field presence and are easily dodged, worthless unit in 1v1 except in very rare situations
sentinels soak up damage while being repaired by 2x gm, pretty much impossible to lose it t1 and they counter melee very well

These 2 are the best IG players around, just search them on youtube, there should be plenty of casts
Inekra's Senpai Dow2
Level 0

Postby Inekra's Senpai Dow2 » Sat 09 Nov, 2019 8:15 pm

Just watched some Torpids streams. He doesn't play IG. Who is active these days with IG that I can watch and learn?
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Sat 09 Nov, 2019 8:34 pm

Inekra's Senpai Dow2 wrote:Just watched some Torpids streams. He doesn't play IG. Who is active these days with IG that I can watch and learn?

from torpid's esl, check some older replays/casts
Inekura
Level 2

Postby Inekura » Sat 09 Nov, 2019 8:48 pm

Sorry thought you would be a troll and not a actually new player.

Piano beeing nice is a rare sight and definetly true what he said.
Join the discords and harass torpid and toil for tipps!
Monikan_Best_Waifu
Level 1

Postby Monikan_Best_Waifu » Thu 14 Nov, 2019 1:44 am

I can't seem to win with IG at all

Stop playing IG pls
Delete your current waifu and praise Monika instead

Return to “Community General Discussion”