Antandron
23%

Total votes: 35
boss
Level 3

Re: Boss for balance lead

Postby boss » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 5:22 pm

Bestnoob
Well maybe you stop going 2 sents nowadays but other people still do and I said sents are the most toxic unit idk if 2 of them is the most cancerous build anymore.
Also its nice to see someone else spotting this infinite cycle as you call it of having to nerf a race to the ground then having to revert changes or buff them back up again.
First it was tyranids then chaos then eldar and now ig going to get hammed, even tho I hate ig I don't want them to be unplayable and this is cos adila failed to spot there problems with them last league and do the sensible changes to solve stuff.

This is least what I can do and you guys can call me out on this cos whatever changes and ideas I like I put it on the forums for you guys to disagree with or agree or just flat out saying no too. So yes I want a chance to be lead and if you guys hate me and hate my ideas I do, you guys can just tell me to piss off.
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Bruce Campbell
Level 2

Postby Bruce Campbell » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 5:37 pm

boss wrote:Bestnoob
Well maybe you stop going 2 sents nowadays but other people still do and I said sents are the most toxic unit idk if 2 of them is the most cancerous build anymore.
Also its nice to see someone else spotting this infinite cycle as you call it of having to nerf a race to the ground then having to revert changes or buff them back up again.
First it was tyranids then chaos then eldar and now ig going to get hammed, even tho I hate ig I don't want them to be unplayable and this is cos adila failed to spot there problems with them last league and do the sensible changes to solve stuff.

This is least what I can do and you guys can call me out on this cos whatever changes and ideas I like I put it on the forums for you guys to disagree with or agree or just flat out saying no too. So yes I want a chance to be lead and if you guys hate me and hate my ideas I do, you guys can just tell me to piss off.

The most frustrating part is that it was 2 leagues ago Toil was crushing equally skilled players, if not better players than himself within 5-8 mins, he double sent the entire league and won all his games in such quick fashion, and then bestn00b did the exact same double sent build and beat me also in 4 mins last league, hopefully the next league wont be the same and we will actually get some worthwhile changes, if players have equal skill the games shouldnt be lasting 4 minutes, thats a huge fucking road sign

Hopefully this balance team gets their ass into gear now that they see that they dont have all the support they might think they do, and we wont have to wait 4 solid leagues before something is actually fixed, recognize somethings overperforming and fix it for the next league, that way we wont continue to have these dull lackluster leagues where we see the same thing happening over and over
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 6:40 pm

Bruce Campbell wrote:
boss wrote:
The most frustrating part is that it was 2 leagues ago Toil was crushing equally skilled players, if not better players than himself within 5-8 mins, he double sent the entire league and won all his games in such quick fashion, and then bestn00b did the exact same double sent build and beat me also in 4 mins last league, hopefully the next league wont be the same and we will actually get some worthwhile changes, if players have equal skill the games shouldnt be lasting 4 minutes, thats a huge fucking road sign

Hopefully this balance team gets their ass into gear now that they see that they dont have all the support they might think they do, and we wont have to wait 4 solid leagues before something is actually fixed, recognize somethings overperforming and fix it for the next league, that way we wont continue to have these dull lackluster leagues where we see the same thing happening over and over

Funny that he also lost in about 8mins to me in the finals of that league. And how me and Bestnoob, the IG players with most league success, don't rate 2 sent builds.

Perhaps the top 5 players don't actually on that much. And we're not even getting onto how your opinion on eldar differs from the norm.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 6:46 pm

Just for transparency, I accidentally reset the poll when adding Antandron as a meme option (sorry everyone). I didn't realise that it restart the whole thing, I only thought it would add a new option.

And no Bruce, I don't really get involved in balance discussions, I'm sometimes around for them but I'm too stupid to contribute anything.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 6:52 pm

wow torpid beat IG by mirroring it on ashes of typhon and then counterpicking it with 2 eldar heroes on eldar favoured maps wowsers
can we just dumpster guardsmen and LC and go from there kthx
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 6:57 pm

How about we stop the childish behavior and start making suggestions that would address the main complaints mentioned in this thread?

Your petty bickering is not helpful at all.
Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 7:12 pm

PianoMan wrote:Image
wow torpid beat IG by mirroring it on ashes of typhon and then counterpicking it with 2 eldar heroes on eldar favoured maps wowsers
can we just dumpster guardsmen and LC and go from there kthx

That screenshot is at least one year old, you forgot the properly crop it if you were trying to pretend it was relevant.

I have no issue with anyone on this thread except you Piano, so be constructive or you won't contribute.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 7:17 pm

Swift wrote:I have no issue with anyone on this thread except you Piano, so be constructive or you won't contribute.
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 7:25 pm

its from the league which torpid mentioned
sorry for not being bothered enough to crop it properly swift and sorry that its from the same meta even though that was 1 year ago or whatever
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 7:32 pm

Bruce Campbell wrote:Since Adilas turned a new ''Transparent'' leaf, can he start off by telling us who this ''team'' of balancers are?
Im going to make an educated guess on things ive heard and assume (i know right, never assume) it's Torpid, Toil, Swift, Noobus & Adila.

How about, since you are so opposed against budging your own position even if it is for the greater good, the community atleast gets a vote or a say on who the team members should be, as no offense but if that teams correct it doesn't give me any faith, but ill refrain from picking apart each member because im such a nice guy

The actual mod team on the extra dev server consists overwhelmingly of creators rather than balancers. The only "official" balance person in there is Adila, and the rest of the balance-focused invites are advisory. But I want to stress that the dev server's purpose is primarily just that - development. It's mostly a test bed on what is/is not possible with changes and ideas that sometimes don't see the light of day. Pre-draft balance talks are very preliminary and are more about the direction of changes based on feedback from the earlier patch than actual ones. In that sense, yes, the first stages for a next patch is inner circle-like. Most of the actual balance talk is done on the official discord and on this forum.

Again, I find competence arguments lacking persuasive power. The community is filled with people who think they are smart enough to craft the perfect balance patch that will end patching forever. I don't see how that by itself warrants ousting people when the balance head is expected to do a lot more than that. And if the argument is more about access/black-balling and the like I don't have reason to believe that when I look over the working changelog atm even if you thought early access is the only access.
Zevargel
Level 2

Postby Zevargel » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 7:38 pm

Who is the forum moderator? Please lock this topic it's kinda boring :shock:
Bruce Campbell
Level 2

Postby Bruce Campbell » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 7:39 pm

Good job on beating Toil torpid when he choked and played completely differently than he had all league

and please get on to how my eldar opinions differ from the norm
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 7:41 pm

I'd like to once again note that if your balance "suggestions" you've been "suggesting" for over a year solely consist of rants via PM and on stream chats of course they are going to be ignored - it is not a feasible or realistic format to expect devs to monitor. Half the time it isn't even clear what is trolling or not.

We have official formats for these things. Join the official discord. Post in balance there. Make a thread on this very forum. You will be noticed, it will be read and frankly, 90% of the time it will be acknowledged! You can't say that will happen from the devs of many games nevermind mods.

Very few people watch streams, maybe 5% of the community at best and who is to say that whilst you are on your balance speech that those who watch the streams are even tuning in? Only 2 days ago we witnessed for the first time on a stream targetable abilities missing units because of the accuracy debuff from psybolt strike squads w/ the justicar. That's a really novel feature that very few, if any, knew existed before that point. Nobody clipped it though so it didn't enter the forum or discord and thus many people missed it. Including Adila, the balance lead, until I told him about it earlier today and then took it upon myself to clip the stream evidence of it and post it on the discord.

Streams are fun and good for community engagement, but, as always the vast majority of people will not watch streams and even if they do.. won't want to get involved in the drama of commenting on them etc etc. Hence why we have official, moderated, formats such as the discord and the forums.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!

Return to “Community General Discussion”