Caeltos

2.3 Patch Notes

Postby Caeltos » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 4:24 pm

General
Victory Point Changes

- Reduced double cap drain by 15%
- Reduced triple cap drain by 15%
- These are tentative numbers and they are most likely going to change
- The VP change will likely NOT be in for the tournament this month but added later and hopefully if possible, in a seperate game-mode.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed Catachan Shotguns not having any sound
- Grapplin' Hook keybinding changed from E to J (Unused keybinding)
- Attempt to fix infiltration bug on Vindicare Assassin that causes the game to crash

Cosmetic Changes
- Changed Chaos Raptor animation from Assault Marine type to Aspiring Champions
- Added in some more color palettes to be used

Tyranids
* Lictor Alpha Flesh Hook range reduced from 38 to 34
* Lictor Alpha Flesh Hook pull strength reduced by 10%
* Scything Talons moved from Tier 1 to Tier 2
* Swapped the cost of Adrenal Gland(Hormagaunt) and Toxin Sacs
* Removed the permament health increase from T2 and T3 on Hormagaunts & Termagants
* Endless Swarm (Horma/Terma) cost increased from 65/10 to 65/15
* Without Numbers reworked
* Now spawns a Hormagaunt and Termagant (Fully upgraded) at the target location.
* Without Numbers price increased from 100 req to 400 requisition
* Without Numbers cooldown 240s (still the same)
* Carnifex Barbed Strangler cooldown reduced from 3 to 2
* Paroxycsm now has a minimum cast range of 8(?) *Weirdboy warp vomit similiarity*
* Doom of Malan'tai shield removed

Imperial Guard
* Commissar Lord Flare cooldown increased from 60 to 120s
* Lord General Retinue member reinforce cost reduced from 30 to 25
* Lord General Retinue (Sergeant,Commissar,Vox) cost 50% less to re-purchase
* Assail duration reduced from 10 to 8 seconds
* Sentinel Missile Launcher (anti-infantry) missile projectiles speed increased by ~33%
* Catachan cost reduced from 350/40 to 350/30
* Catachan Explosive Shot energy cost reduced from 50 to 40
* Artillery Spotter Incinenary Shell damage-over-time reduced by approximately 30%
* Artillery Spotter Incinerary Shell now last 30% longer
* Artillery Spotter Smoke Bomb effect reduced from 90% vision/weapon range to 50%
* Manticore cooldown increased from 45 to 60 seconds
* Ogryn Bone 'Ead Leader cost reduced from 100/30 to 100/25
* Bunker Repair Rate is now exclusive and no longer stacks

Orks
* Mekboy Turret now has a 1.0 damage modifier on all distances
* Mekboy Turret Build time reduced from 20 seconds to 15
* Waagh Banner build time (Sluggas/Mekboy) reduced from 15 to 10
* Waagh Banners now have "WAAGHHH!" (?) ability that buffs all nearby orks units with the Waaagh effect. This ability has a 35 cast radius, 60s cooldown and no cost.
* Kommando Nobs Assashinate(?) is now tracking
* Painboy starting energy reduced from 200 to 100 , total energy vs energy cost unchanged. (For ex. prev 200 total energy , 100 energy cost abilities. Now - 100 energy , 50 energy cost)
* Now I'm Angry is now an exclusive health regeneration and no longer stacks with other effects.
* Nob Frenzy Duration increased from 7 to 10 (retail value)

Space Marines
* Apothecary Power Axe special attack damage increased from 60(?) to 80 damage
* Force Commander Thunderhammer special attack damage increased from 40 to 50
* Reduced Tactical Flamer Flamer accuracy while on the move from 100% to 75%
* Purification Vials cooldown increased from 30 to 40s
* Cast range on Purification Vials reduced from 24 to 20
* Reduced the Assault Cannon Barrage range from 40 to 35
* Terminators reinforcement cost from 150/50 to 150/25
* Force Commander Lightning Claw melee damage increased
* Force Commander Lightning Claw special attack damage increased

Chaos
* Curse of Tzeentch explosion now deals 15% of the targets maximum health in damage. Rather then a flat amount.
* Curse of Tzeentch now last 20 seconds (from 14?)
* Raptor Aspiring Champion damage/dps increased from 40 to 45
* Reduced Chaos Space Marine Aspiring Champion upkeep from 12.8 to 10.8
* Reduced Chaos Raptor Aspiring Champion upkeep from 12.8 to 10.8
* Land Raider Phobos Lascannon damage increased from 150 to 175

Grey Knights
* Grey Knight Rhino now has a mounted-storm bolter gunner
* Grey Knight Rhino smoke bomb now requires T2
* Strike Squad Pyscanon range increased from 36 to 38
* Purgation Squad Psycanon range increased from 36 to 38
* Psyk-Out Grenades should now properly suppress targets hit
* Nemesis Focus on Interceptor Squad removed
* Vindicare Assassin no longer snares on his anti-vehicle shots
* Purifier cost reduced from 500/75 to 450/75
* Removed the damage over time on Terminator/Paladin Incinerators
* Removed the courage damage on Terminator/Paladin Psycanons

Eldar
* Channeling Rune cast range reduced from 38 to 32(?)
* Reduced Webway Gate sight radius to default retail values (20 to 5)
* Reduced Fortune energy cost from 45 to 40
* Dark Reapers can now Fleet of Foot with Aspect of the Reaper upgrade
Cyris
Level 4

Re: 2.3 Patch Notes

Postby Cyris » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 6:15 pm

Hopes:
Gaunt nerfs (scaling reduced, endless price up a touch, term a upgrage costs up, horma upgrade cost down. I could honestly even see terma base price up to 300)
VCFex buff
Las-rhino altered to more reliably be av
IST slight nerfs (though more work on proxy mines still would be great. Move the speed increase here from sarge and make it 'recon kit' or some such)
Libby force wall rework (I am in the group of people who long ago stopped even considering this as a skill in the game! It has needed work since day 1 in retail)
Webway gate hotkeys. They still change as units enter and exit. This was said to be fixed in a few updates and never happenend.

I just want to say in general, in the matches I've played lately, I think elite is in a wonderful place. Maybe its because I haven't faced a warboss lately and no one I play against is ever nids... But whatever. I think elite kicks ass.
fankater
Level 2

Postby fankater » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 6:48 pm

No 2.2 Full before it ?
For the Emperor skurwysyny !
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 12:22 am

As a patch-note junkie, i do truly hope to see these this evening :). Soon can mean a lot of different things of course!
ThongSong
Level 3

Postby ThongSong » Mon 20 Jan, 2014 6:56 am

Warboss and Angry Bits not being an instant I-win against GK

pls
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Mon 20 Jan, 2014 7:02 pm

Caeltos wrote:To be posted soon.

YOU PUNK! I had a feeling you would post something about new patch notes, which is why I logged in, then you write "soon"

PUNK!!!!!!!!!
Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 1:08 pm

Posted some WIP patch notes, not quite done yet tho, so take it with abit of a grain of salt.
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 1:18 pm

* Sentinel Missile Launcher (anti-infantry) missile projectiles increased by ~33%

Does it mean speed or damage increased?
Nyriss
Level 0

Postby Nyriss » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 1:20 pm

* Scything Talons moved from Tier 1 to Tier 2

Nobody gets that anyway, why move it to Tier 2?
Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 1:27 pm

Asmon wrote:* Sentinel Missile Launcher (anti-infantry) missile projectiles increased by ~33%

Maybe even 33% more missiles? Which result in a 33% dmg increase.

Caeltos wrote:General
Victory Point Changes

- Reduced double cap drain by 15%
- These are tentative numbers and they are most likely going to change
- The VP change will likely NOT be in for the tournament this month but added later and hopefully if possible, in a seperate game-mode.

May i ask how this should work then ? Right now a double/tripple cap drains the vps by 2/2,5 per second.
Reducing it by 15% each would result in 1,7/2,125 per second.

So in the end we had a double cap drain by 1/3/5/6 and so on?
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 1:39 pm

Asmon wrote:* Sentinel Missile Launcher (anti-infantry) missile projectiles increased by ~33%

I keep missing some words, I do mean projectile speeds.
Shas'el Doran'ro
Level 2

Postby Shas'el Doran'ro » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 3:02 pm

This scares me considerably.

Lulgrim informed me that you were going to use the Exitus Rifle model made by Gray for this release correct? I didn't see it on the patch notes but I can assume that it's coming up later?
"To divert from Tau'va is stray away from the one true path, and to stray from the one path is to walk into darkness and despair, only together, serving Tau'va can we prosper not only as an empire but as a race." -- Shas'el T'au Doran'ro
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 3:19 pm

Some frowning on:
  • 30 power Catachans
  • Nobs frenzy buff
  • Dark reaper being able to FoF
Start with 35 power at least? I don't feel like Catachans need any buff though.
Nobs are not under performing at all. Don't get this buff.
Weren't Reapers supposed to be high damage with low speed? On top of that they also have 2 abilities, one that suppresses and a missile barrage.

Still waiting on:
  • Mekboy mines not snaring vehicles forever
  • Battle Wagon not instagibbing models
  • Gates costing more
  • Channeling runes nerf, still over performing (with sheez)
  • Apo small buffs
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 3:35 pm

I disagree.
Nyriss
Level 0

Postby Nyriss » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 3:48 pm

On their own Nobs kinda do not enough to justify their cost imo. Supported with WB globals/Painboy/Weirdboy/Mek Nobs do really well.
I think Nobs could use a little buff. The 3 sec Frenzy increase might be a bit too much.
Vapor
Level 3

Postby Vapor » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 4:29 pm

Assashunate being tracking is going to lead to some bullshit kills in retreat, as a knob player I'm not complaining
Follow my stream! twitch.tv/frozenvapor100
Raffa
Level 4

Postby Raffa » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 4:32 pm

Well, well, well. Didn't see some of these changes coming but I actually agree with them. A few things I thought would need tweaks haven't changed. So basically, prepare for a mammoth wall of text :|

Caeltos wrote:- Reduced double cap drain by 15%

Surprised nobody has touched on this yet - but I'm really happy with this; closer games will last longer and there's more space to recover from early setbacks if you play well enough to earn that. At the same time, you can still be put under VP pressure unlike in CoH2 :p need to see how this plays ofc but looking forward to it.

Caeltos wrote:- Attempt to fix infiltration bug on Vindicare Assassin that causes the game to crash
- Changed Chaos Raptor animation from Assault Marine type to Aspiring Champions

Muchos gracias.

Caeltos wrote:* Lictor Alpha Flesh Hook range reduced from 38 to 34
* Lictor Alpha Flesh Hook pull strength reduced by 10%

Unfortunately nobody can look at these numbers and say how much this will affect the LA's performance - it's gonna need field testing, and a lot of it. I'm not in the "trololol SM so coooool lalalala Lictor should have 1 hp lololol" camp, but some kind of adjustment was needed for Flesh Hook. Because of the nature of the ability there will always be complaints about it, and it may never be perfectly balanced, but it has a place in the game and *hopefully* this will be close to a solution.

As for the Horma/Terma changes, they're correct as their scaling was kind of nuts and the T1 costs were clearly the wrong way round. Again, it's impossible to say on paper how this will affect overall performance, but I think this may be exactly what was needed to balance these two units.

Caeltos wrote:* Paroxycsm now has a minimum cast range of 8(?) *Weirdboy warp vomit similiarity*
* Doom of Malan'tai shield removed

The problem is the unit has the infantry-killing potential of a super unit (more?) whilst being very tough and costing roughly half the price - it is so good it just swings the landscape of T3 hugely into the Tyranid player's favour. At least steps have been taken to fix this: shield removal is good, but even so the cost needs to go up as it's life drain still counters jump infantry (your main counter to this unit apart from "pull" abilities). My opinion with anything that lets a unit or race "counter its counters" should have a very high cost to compensate, hence why I'm happy with the current cost of Carapace Armour for the LG. These changes are good, and it should be rounded out with a new cost of ~500/110.

Caeltos wrote:* Lord General Retinue (Sergeant,Commissar,Vox) cost 50% less to re-purchase

(cue Toilailee orgasm) - but yes this is a positive change, since this is the only hero which can have it's investment deleted in a fight.

Caeltos wrote:* Catachan cost reduced from 350/40 to 350/30
* Catachan Explosive Shot energy cost reduced from 50 to 40
* Artillery Spotter Incinenary Shell damage-over-time reduced by approximately 30%
* Artillery Spotter Incinerary Shell now last 30% longer
* Artillery Spotter Smoke Bomb effect reduced from 90% vision/weapon range to 50%

Ah how the mighty have fallen: from lulz-killing-everything-in-sight in retail to scrapping for a place in the IG roster, Catachans are like the Manchester United of the DOW World ;) seriously though a 10(!!!) power reduction for the race that already spends the least in T1 (altho I know the increased power costs of T2 IG units are to compensate for this). Funnily enough I agree with all these changes since the Smoke Shell has always been the crazy one, locking down Phobos, Baneblades and luring Predators closer to attack as they speed into range to keep on shooting. On the fence for Incendiary shell changes - tbh I always saw the large aoe as IG's counter to termas/hormas in midgame. Since termas have been hit, this seems like a good idea.

Caeltos wrote:* Mekboy Turret now has a 1.0 damage modifier on all distances

(cue Toilailee orgasm, until he realises they still don't suppress :p) It's really just a question of whether these turrets will now hit hard enough to make a difference - let's be honest you rarely saw these things shooting stuff at short range so will need to see how this plays out. Basically, will the increased dps justify the 20 power cost? Seems unlikely, but it's worth playtesting.

Caeltos wrote:* Now I'm Angry is now an exclusive health regeneration and no longer stacks with other effects.

Well the Angry Bitz + Spiky Armor was almost a bug, not a barrance concern :), and Frenzy was a little underwhelming for the 75 red cost so this should be good.

Caeltos wrote:* Apothecary Power Axe special attack damage increased from 60(?) to 80 damage
* Purification Vials cooldown increased from 30 to 40s
* Cast range on Purification Vials reduced from 24 to 20

Haha well Noisy's to thank for these Apo changes. Such a strong hero - just has a bad MU against the LA like all support commanders do.

Caeltos wrote:* Terminators reinforcement cost from 150/50 to 150/25

Nice.

Caeltos wrote:* Curse of Tzeentch explosion now deals 15% of the targets maximum health in damage. Rather then a flat amount.
* Curse of Tzeentch now last 20 seconds (from 14?)
* Raptor Aspiring Champion damage/dps increased from 40 to 45
* Reduced Chaos Space Marine Aspiring Champion upkeep from 12.8 to 10.8
* Reduced Chaos Raptor Aspiring Champion upkeep from 12.8 to 10.8
* Land Raider Phobos Lascannon damage increased from 150 to 175

So let me get this straight with Curse of Tzeentch - each model will take 15% of its max hp in damage if it's hit by an exploding model? Hey maybe this may have a use against tougher races after all - but again this is one of those changes where we'll have to see how it plays to reach any kind of understanding. Agree with AC Raptor damage increase, and Phobos lascannons which were underperforming.

But disappointed not to see vanilla CSM AC not get any kind of buff, even if it's just bolt pistol damage. You get this model to pad out the squad, add extra hp and dps with either mark, and it should at least have some ranged dps to contribute - right now it's damage against HI is less than half of the Plague Champion's plasma pistol. Might even be less than 1/4. And this is the leader for a ranged squad, who provides no passive or activated-ability buffs. Please rethink.

KCSM need some of the love :p, like badly. They suck the balls of their Tzeentch brothers - KCSM vs TCSM is kinda like Catachans vs Spotters: situationally, the first can be more useful. However over the course of the game, the second will almost certainly have more all-round utility, more chances to change the outcome of fights and is much, much more difficult to counter - and a cost decrease to the first one to let you taken other stuff in your army composition is the best way to fix this. Actually think a cost decrease for Mark of Khorne to 75/20 would be a solution.

Otherwise:

1. Disagree with channeling runes change. Yes this stops the warlock hugging some terrain far back and letting shees charge all around but an exclusive hp modifier for banshees (and possibly Seer Council) would be better.
2. Agree with all GK changes.

Caeltos wrote:* Vindicare Assassin no longer snares on his anti-vehicle shots

Nigga please :lol:
Arbit
Level 3

Postby Arbit » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 7:05 pm

You sir are a class act

edit: this was a sarcastic post directed towards a deleted post but... let's just leave it here
Last edited by Arbit on Wed 22 Jan, 2014 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
My 1v1 map - Imperial Plaza. Revisions are in progress so please check it out and give feedback!
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 7:18 pm

Removed some junk posts.
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 8:50 pm

love it. though I hate fighting vs ig..the catas needed a small buff. guess well see how this plays out.

I also think KCSM need something but what that is...who knows?
Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718
[TLV]Soul_Drinkers
Level 2

Postby [TLV]Soul_Drinkers » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 9:38 pm

hmm i have been playing alot of ig lately and i have to disagree with the catas buff. they didnt need one, the only fixing they need is for there abilities not to bug out 50% of the time.

Plus im confused why scything talons was moved around and what not when its quite clear its feeder tendrils that are over performing with a heal power melee and alot of dps
In the Emperors name, Blind faith is all you require.
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 10:07 pm

Scything Talons have over 80 power melee DPS iirc, which is a bit outrageous for T1.

Feeder Tendrils are strong yes. Could either be that they are deemed as fine or Caeltos wants to see how these changes affect LA play before nerfing/changing another thing.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 11:04 pm

what's the thinking on dark reapers having FoF? it seems to me like they don't need it, and maybe even shouldn't have it, given that they should sit in the back and deal large amounts of damage. they can get mobility boosts from gates and falcons (small boost here though) and don't have FoF in fluff because they're wearing heavy armour. i feel like a health boost would be more appropriate than a speed boost if they have a survivability issue.
Faultron
Level 3

Postby Faultron » Wed 22 Jan, 2014 12:07 am

finally FoF on reapers...., it is needed indeed
they either needed FoF or more range to be good buy
+1 for other eldar changes too
Farseer/Doombringer/Falcon/Mindwar IGN: Ypulse
PhatE
Level 3

Postby PhatE » Wed 22 Jan, 2014 12:30 am

Caeltos wrote:...* Paroxycsm now has a minimum cast range of 8(?) *Weirdboy warp vomit similiarity*
* Doom of Malan'tai shield removed...

These stuck out to me the most as the most pressing for Tyranids. DoM got away too easily and then after leech essence any melee was destroyed. Even being able to use the ability offensively was pretty awesome. But this should be interesting to see.

Orks
* Mekboy Turret now has a 1.0 damage modifier on all distances

Nice change, not that I use it or anything but it's still pretty nice to see.

* Waagh Banner build time (Sluggas/Mekboy) reduced from 15 to 10
* Waagh Banners now have "WAAGHHH!" (?) ability that buffs all nearby orks units with the Waaagh effect. This ability has a 35 cast radius, 60s cooldown and no cost

YES! Whether this was to do with my post or whether you had been thinking about it for some time doesn't matter. This is awesome, hadn't even thought of an ability for them which makes it all the more fun. But if I have two banners and use the ability will they stack just like WAGH does?

* Painboy starting energy reduced from 200 to 100 , total energy vs energy cost unchanged. (For ex. prev 200 total energy , 100 energy cost abilities. Now - 100 energy , 50 energy cost)
* Now I'm Angry is now an exclusive health regeneration and no longer stacks with other effects.

This was a necessary change for me. Especially for GK, they have some real trouble against the warboss and this helps them a great deal

HURRAY! See you later looted tanks!

Eldar
* Channeling Rune cast range reduced from 38 to 32(?)
* Reduced Webway Gate sight radius to default retail values (20 to 5)
* Reduced Fortune energy cost from 45 to 40
* Dark Reapers can now Fleet of Foot with Aspect of the Reaper upgrade

Not sure if anyone brought this up but is the warlock FoF is different to the other eldar FoF? At least when I get the upgrade I can't use the ability to effect both squads without cycling through units. The rest of the changes are nice, channelling runes was definitely a tough thing to crack.
Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/phatness_

Since everyone forgets, my timezone is AEST (UTC/GMT) +10 hours. AEDT is (UTC/GMT) +11 hours. Hopefully no-one tells me what time any tournament is on.
Arthel
Level 0

Postby Arthel » Wed 22 Jan, 2014 2:04 am

Caeltos wrote:[b]
* Nemesis Focus on Interceptor Squad removed
* Vindicare Assassin no longer snares on his anti-vehicle shots

Why??
In many other posts I've seen people go back n fourth about the Vind, but we all know
1) He has low HP and is a micro intensive unit
2) Not the highest damaging AV
3) Not the longest range AV
So now we're taking away the only GK AV slow?

Yes- we have melta nades, which can- unlike SM melta nades for example stun and hurt friendly vehicles including your own dread, and now without nemesis focus Ceptors will not be able to scale without their upgrade as well as they could keep up before.
Ceptors already:
1) Glitch half the time you try to throw a melta nade
2) Don't have a knockdown till T2 sergeant
3) Have only 1 power melee DPS and decent damage, but without upgrades will pale late-game to ASM, and other melee units (and already sub-par early due to no knockdown)

People like to bitch about GK all day because theyre the spotlight but every time I talk to anyone who knows jack about the game like Rikku it ends up being a depressing convo about how stupid people are for bitching about threats they didnt answer and excuse it by calling OP.

Look at other races and compare them before giving nerfs out, makes me cry everytime i look at the BC wargear and then get raped by a PC with a sword (or a commi, or a FC, or a Hive tyrant... the list goes on).

Edit:

Didnt even see that.
Wtf??
Buff the nobs? I've seen Nobs take out buffed paladins before,
I'ma just leave this point at: I don't think Nobs need help.
Last edited by Arthel on Wed 22 Jan, 2014 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
[TLV]Soul_Drinkers
Level 2

Postby [TLV]Soul_Drinkers » Wed 22 Jan, 2014 2:16 am

well gk are in the project stage dont expect them to be perfect off rip. but for starters elongate ur t1 with them in 1v1 with 3 ist strike purgs and interceptors. purgs are situational
In the Emperors name, Blind faith is all you require.
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Wed 22 Jan, 2014 2:19 am

Look at other races and compare them before giving nerfs out,

Arthel
Level 0

Postby Arthel » Wed 22 Jan, 2014 2:27 am

Caeltos wrote:
Look at other races and compare them before giving nerfs out,

So we gain a storm bolter, lose smoke (on a vehicle already pointed out to be quite pointless in other posts), still no reinforce either.

Psycannon range increase by 2? really? thats a huge buff? I dont think it's even worth writing about. The range on a SM missle launcher is 44, and a regular bolter shoots 38, so that just means psycannons have been short ranged for too long.

Purifiers 50 req off is the only "buff" I can see in this patch (for GK anyway).
Purifiers are decent if you badly need anti melee but I seldom find the want/need to buy them as their roles are taken by other units, their storm bolters are weaker than Strikes, they cant jump or stun, their ability is really only good for zoning or retards and the leader dies too easily (funny cause other races get invincileaders that always die last).

So we lose a snare, lose the only buff on our jumper squad, Chaos gains more AV dmg on the longest range, mobile and damaging AV in the game already, and nobs become more of a pain than they were before?

And thats balancing?
ill keep the purifiers with 50 req more, keep Nemesis focus and a 'decent' snare any day thanks.
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Wed 22 Jan, 2014 2:49 am

So we gain a storm bolter, lose smoke (on a vehicle already pointed out to be quite pointless in other posts), still no reinforce either.

The Smoke is available in Tier 2.

Do you not understand how big of a deal this is for transitional plays? This will lead to Rhino useage with peel/pressure/counter-pressure to that of a sentinel, which transitions into a Lascannon if you need the AV. Baring in mind, that the Lascannon Turret for the Rhino was improved not long ago.

If all goes well, the storm-bolter is a PERMAMENT equipment that works alongside with Lascannon and the Heavy-Bolter turret, effectively making the Rhino a sort of a "mini battle-tank".

Psycannon range increase by 2? really? thats a huge buff? I dont think it's even worth writing about. The range on a SM missle launcher is 44, and a regular bolter shoots 38, so that just means psycannons have been short ranged for too long.

36 to 38 is a very big deal considering the normalized weapon range is 38.

So we lose a snare, lose the only buff on our jumper squad, Chaos gains more AV dmg on the longest range, mobile and damaging AV in the game already, and nobs become more of a pain than they were before?

Oh, I see how it is...

Let's ignore all the positives and throw in some misc. irrelevant points to furthermore fuel our arguement to make it seem more sensible.

Because that's logical. :|

Return to “Community General Discussion”