Hormagaunts stopping for no reason?

Generic non-balance topics.
Telos
Level 2

Hormagaunts stopping for no reason?

Postby Telos » Sun 07 Apr, 2019 11:52 am

I've experienced a few times now hormagaunts stopping a little distance from their target and refusing to move forward for several seconds. They can move back and retreat, I still have control, it just seems there are random instances where they refuse to move forward or attack. It's a big problem because they'll stop a ways from enemy ranged and get shot to death while just derping there.

Is this possibly due to some models getting out of range of the ones in front so they 'wait' for them to catch up? Does this happen with other ranged infantry and are there any techniques to deal with the issue?
Dark Riku
Level 5

Re: Hormagaunts stopping for no reason?

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 07 Apr, 2019 11:58 pm

Do you have the replays to check? Because what you are describing fits perfectly when 1 or more models get stuck in terrain due to them getting leap near a synapse creature but the synapse creature goes out of range before they can leap out of the terrain again.
Telos
Level 2

Postby Telos » Mon 08 Apr, 2019 6:19 am

Dark Riku wrote:Do you have the replays to check? Because what you are describing fits perfectly when 1 or more models get stuck in terrain due to them getting leap near a synapse creature but the synapse creature goes out of range before they can leap out of the terrain again.

I don't have the rep but will keep it next time it happens. There were Warriors nearby so maybe that was the case and I didn't notice.

Is there a list of maps somewhere that Gaunts tend to get stuck on? It'd be good to know in advance that this could be an issue on the map.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 08 Apr, 2019 8:09 am

They can get stuck on nearly every map potentially. It's to do with cover that can only be passed via jumping over it/teleporting behind it, and then ending up being surrounded by impassable terrain afterwards.

Only ones they won't would be maybe quest's heresy? Something like that... Ashes of Typhon since there's barely any cover on that to start with.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Telos
Level 2

Postby Telos » Mon 08 Apr, 2019 8:51 am

Thank you for this, that's very useful to know. It's thankfully not a regular problem but when it is it's really really bad because it's so hard to find that lone gaunt trapped somewhere on the map...

I suppose giving them the jump passively was discussed and decided against for reasons?

Return to “Community General Discussion”