Wondering About New Faction

Generic non-balance topics.
Coliohotburn
Level 1

Wondering About New Faction

Postby Coliohotburn » Wed 13 Feb, 2019 9:48 am

Hi, so a while ago i could have sworn i heard something about the current devs of elite mod trying to add more races to the game but had problems with the current button set up or something. I was just wondering if anyone had any insight on if they are working to get more races of if they are trying to just balance what is there first! Any answers are appreciated. Also to the creators and develepors of elite mod, great job so far!! It’s a really fun mod!!!
Torpid

Re: Wondering About New Faction

Postby Torpid » Wed 13 Feb, 2019 11:11 am

The UI is not really a large problem anymore.

The concern now, is more related to actually having the assets - new race race means new models. And every model has to be animated in a way that it looks like it always was a part of the game, not just some clunky, tacky, amateur add-on by a free mod... There isn't an animator in the team at the moment, so even if the models were provided chances are the animations wouldn't be great and that would be what stops us.

Personally, I always thought Drukhari would fit amazingly into DOW2. And recently after reading about Skitarri the Adeptus Mechanicus would too. Alas, we lack the assets.

There's also the balance thing. How long have ordo malleus been added for and not been seen as a "true" faction, nor balanced like the others? That's concerning. Though it should be said that a lot of the balance issues with OM relate to the fact that their initial design by caeltos specifically made them not funciton like the other races - lack of conventional set-up-teams/artillery/tanks, and so on. That design choice has made them very difficult to balance since, but we shall see how 2.9 does. Many are just of the fairly reasonably opinion that new content should not be added until existing content is balanced and fun.

I think before the dev team would consider adding a new race, they need to consider adding things like the chaos subcommander, and other hero variants for Ordo Malleus.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Coliohotburn
Level 1

Re: Wondering About New Faction

Postby Coliohotburn » Wed 13 Feb, 2019 12:10 pm

Thank you Torpid for the speedy reply! And that makes sense! I was just curious about what was going on there

Return to “Community General Discussion”