Mechanicus sub-faction

Generic non-balance topics.
Techpriest Drake
Level 1

Mechanicus sub-faction

Postby Techpriest Drake » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 8:20 am

I posted this on the Elite forums many months ago but they got wiped out along with many forum posts because of the website change. So....time for a little Necron magic.

Since the Marines have the Grey-Knights as a sub-faction, Wynaut Mechanicus? (Inb4 Zoidberg and Pokemon)

Base:
Base has very slight health regen. Base turrets are multi-las instead of heavy bolters. Does not supress but does more damage to all units. Upon T3, the base itself is 1. equipped with a single las/auto cannon, 2. equipped with a mortar/ 3. is able to give a very small regen to vehicles.

Hero: Magos Explorator, slightly higher armour value and health , quite able in range and melee, no abilities to begin with. Except for repair. Equipped with Power axe and bolter. Skitarii body guard of 2. Servo skull added just like Inquisitor.

Wargear

Weapons:

T1 Illumination of Knowledge. Very expensive relic power sword with ability 'Flare of truth' that buffs attack and speed of nearby infantry.

T2 Drill arm attachment (Heavy melee, has ability that does radius knock back and damage.

T2 Pomsom 40000. Plasma Combi-bolter replaces bolter. 'Plasma overcharge' ability similar to Techmarine plasma gun.

T3 Kinetic Hammer. Heavy melee, works like Thunder Hammer. Ability 'Forge fist' Knocks down infantry in a radius.

T3 Life of the forge. Replaces both weapon arms with a flamer and melta. Grants ability 'Machine's breath'. Saturate area with fire from both weapons.

Armour:

T1 Mars grade augmentics. Expensive. Similar to Techmarine's Bionics but without knockback ability. Improves health and sight radius.

T2 MIU upgrade. Slightly improved health and grants ability 'Machine communion'. This ability allows the hero to buff a selected vehicle's speed and damage at the cost of movement and attacking, much like the Eldar Warlock's channeling.

T3 Personal Power Armour. Increases all stats slightly and grants a refractor field ability.

T3 Fabricator's gift. Similar to the above personal power armour but teleport replaces refractor field ability.

Accessories:

T1 Weaponised Servo skull. Equips Servo skull with a bolt pistol.

T1 Bionic eye. Improves energy and sight range. Grants ability to fire a thin beam of Las that does the same as a scout sniper round.

T2 Kraken-pattern Mechandrites. Improved melee and health.

T2 Autosanguination. Increases health and regen. On death, area becomes toxic for 8 seconds and enemy units take damage from it.

T2 Favour of the armoury. Grants Orbs of the Omnissiah, melta and frag nades.

T3 Orbital Signum. Marks a target. Marker target receives 30% more ranged damage and the area around the target is bombarded with light off-map artillery.

T1. Starts off with Hero and Skitarii squad at base.

Skitarii- Infantry in a class of it's own. In between Space Marines and Stormtroopers. Larger squad size than Tactical Marines but more expensive. Equipped with Hellguns and one squad member holds a grenade launcher. Melee damage dealt is in between the melee damage of Guardsmen and Tactical Marines. T2 upgrades allow a member to hold either a plasma gun, melta or flamer. T3 servo skull upgrade grants a slight boost to ranged damage. Able to repair

Rho-Tau 17- Recon bot smaller than IG Sentinels, armed with bolters and deployed in three.

Electro-priest - Melee unit as fragile as Ork sluggas. Upgrades greatly boost their combat efficiency. T2 upgrade grants increased health and passive damage to enemy infantry in a very small radius. T3 upgrades allows a single squad member to overload himself with electricity and kamikaze-detonate. Damages infantry and stuns vehicles. Allies can also take damage if not careful.

Combat servitors - Squad of 3 slow moving servitors. All members start off with heavy bolters and a hammer arm replacement. Good in ranged, decent in melee. T2 upgrades can permanently turn them into either heavy weapons or heavy melee servitors.
Heavy weapons: 1 Plasma cannon, 1 heavy bolter, 1 las cannon
Heavy melee: 1 drill, 1 kinetic hammer, 1 industrial buzzsaw

T2:
Techpriest squad - Squad of 3 Techpriests armed with las-pistols and power axes. Fragile. Extremely high repair rate. Limit of 1. Bionics upgrade grant increased health.

Thallax - Jump pack shock troops with heavy armour that carries a deadly mix of weapons. Starts off with Chainswords and lightning guns. Lightning guns, imagine a even more powerful Hotshot Lasgun that can also slow vehicles. T2 upgrades gives a squad member a Multi-laser/Multi-melta. T3 upgrade gives a member a Irrad-cleanser. This anti-infantry beam weapon causes damage and damage over time to infantry and vehicles alike. Infantry explode on death.

Cataphract (Ripped from Lexicanum) - The Cataphract is a general-purpose, heavily-armoured Robot, armed with a lascannon, boltgun and flamer and protected by a power field/synchroniser unit. Its versatility makes it popular Robot to deploy, although some commanders regard it as a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none. It can substitue its weapons for an autocannon, Siege Hammer, heavy bolter and power fist.

Conquerer (Ripped from Lexicanum) - Protected by heavy armour and a power field/synchorniser unit, the Conqueror is particularly adept at taking out armoured vehicles and Dreadnoughts. Standard armament is a heavy bolter, autocannon and power fist, which can be swapped for lascannons, flamers, melta guns and bolter, as well as doubling up on any one.

*Add assorted modified IG vehicles here*

T3:

Praetorian Servitors - Think of a Terminator-Ogryn-Servitor hybrid warrior. With armour and guns. Big guns. Yea.

Acuitor Mech-Assassin - Pretty much a Vanguard Lictor that also comes with a pistol.

Note: Can only field one of the below at any time.

Castigator bi-pedal assault bot - Extremely slow but has the highest armour value in the whole game. *Insert assorted weapons here*

*Insert various Baneblade variants here*

Globals:

The cost of RED is undecided.

T1 Omnissiah's blessing:
All infantry gain a increase in energy regen and all allied vehicles repair for 30 sec.

T2 Machine's rage:
All allied vehicles gain a massive attack and speed increase but take on a 'poisoned' effect for the duration of the cast. This effect slowly decreases the vehicle's health.

T2 Manufactorum overdrive:
High red cost. For every power generator,node and point you own, requisition rate is increased by 1.5 times.

T3 Alliance of Terra:
Sub-commander Techmarine is summoned on the field by drop pod. Same upgrades and abilities as Hero Techmarine.

T3 Arsenal of Mars:
The 'nuke' of this race. Nearby Titans offer fire support on the targeted area. Area is marked with the Cog of the Mechanicus. For 5.5 Seconds, the Titans blare their horns and sirens as loudly as possible before firing a heavy bombardment barrage. Extremely wide and inaccurate barrage but deals very large damage where it hits.

So....what do you guys think? Impossibru or not?
Not the STC, you savages!
KAMARAD
Level 0

Re: Mechanicus sub-faction

Postby KAMARAD » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 8:39 am

Seems cool. But only 1 hero ? :mrgreen:
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 10:37 am

Sure, just send me the animated & textured models, new voices and custom fx and I'll put it all right in. :|

I.e. can't see it happening.
Techpriest Drake
Level 1

Postby Techpriest Drake » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 11:52 am

Lulgrim wrote:Sure, just send me the animated & textured models, new voices and custom fx and I'll put it all right in. :|

I.e. can't see it happening.

Relax, i just made it for discussion and personally, i like to read fun things such as these :)

I want more people to make things like this after i made it.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Thu 21 Mar, 2013 3:09 am

i think your HQ idea is bad. the lack of suppression would make them very open to base kills, even with high damage, and the armaments on the HQ could easily become OP, depending on the range, map, and whether the gametype is annihilate or not. i realize you're trying to be different but i think in this case the standard is best.
Techpriest Drake
Level 1

Postby Techpriest Drake » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 8:34 am

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:i think your HQ idea is bad. the lack of suppression would make them very open to base kills, even with high damage, and the armaments on the HQ could easily become OP, depending on the range, map, and whether the gametype is annihilate or not. i realize you're trying to be different but i think in this case the standard is best.

Good point, wasn't thinking much about game balance when it came to the base part.
Of course, i would very much like to see something new in base mechanics.

Return to “Community General Discussion”