Will there ever be more chaos Upgrades?

Generic non-balance topics.
Solid Grave
Level 1

Will there ever be more chaos Upgrades?

Postby Solid Grave » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 5:30 pm

So my question is really just about the customizability of Chaos.

For example, would there ever be a chance for CSM to get mark of slaneesh or mark of Nurgle (obviously those are just plague marines) to really allow customizing your force. Or maybe having mark of nurgle havocs would allow for DoT/Area denial uses, similar to the predator upgrade. Or maybe they could go so far as to create a slaneesh based hero.

I haven't considered anything as far as balance and I'm not integrated with the community of course, but I'd love to know if that could ever happen!
Atlas

Re: Will there ever be more chaos Upgrades?

Postby Atlas » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 7:33 pm

Maybe, maybe not. The Slaanesh hero is probably the closest to reality at the moment. Don't know if the rest is really needed atm.
Solid Grave
Level 1

Postby Solid Grave » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 9:54 pm

Is there anything you guys need for development? I know developing a mod like elite mod isn't exactly the easiest but if there's anything an average joe could do I'd be happy to help.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 3:58 am

Models and animations! Of everything!
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 7:47 am

Mostly Dark Eldar though.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 9:20 pm

If plague marines are basically mark of nurgle CSM then noise marines are basically mark of slaneesh CSM and your first request has already been granted by reric. :twisted:
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Swift

Postby Swift » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 11:12 pm

Toilailee wrote:If plague marines are basically mark of nurgle CSM then noise marines are basically mark of slaneesh CSM and your first request has already been granted by reric. :twisted:

Technically they are not the same, but who cares, its not like Slaaneshi CSM would offer anything different than what we have already.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 7:16 pm

In my mod i am going to implement a "doctrine" type thing that is taking complete inspiration from CoH2's commander options that slightly change or "enhance" a certain type of play style. Initially when i implemented this a player could change their "doctrines" and they could have up to 3, one per tier. I removed that. I am going to slowly start it up again but insure that players are "locked in" when they choose.

Note that each doctrine should give 3-4 things only. atm they cannot be globals because i cannot implement that in a player friendly way. Only upgrades or passive stuff.

I'll give an example of one that is for Chaos.
Fanatic Worship:
Increases the range worship has by 20 but lowers the effect of the worship one the units are outside of the worships normal range. (I.E plus 3 speed from Khorne but when outside 30 range the speed goes to 2).
Grants the worshiping units 50% range damage resistance while active.
A worshiped shrine will grant is regular benefits as well as add a speed increases, HP regen, or courage resistance based on the chaos god the shrine is dedicated to.
Improves doom blast and doom barrage damage. Doomblast now grants red when enemy units are killed.

If you can come up with something for CSM that equals a Slaanesh Upgrade or Nurgle Upgrade I would be willing to consider it. So long as it makes sense etc. But tbh i feel like any "doctrine" dedicated to Nurgle needs to include the Nurgle Predator and/or the Plague Marines.

But go ham with your imagination!!! And post what you come up with.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54

Return to “Community General Discussion”