Discord Server Management

Generic non-balance topics.
User avatar
Ayy Eye
Level 2
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed 28 Mar, 2018 5:21 pm
Location: Britbong Land

Discord Server Management

Postby Ayy Eye » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 3:53 pm

I would seem that the discord is currently staffed by a triggered child of the name of "Blackrelic", this "Techpreist" seems to have taken it upon himself to ban players and delete comments calling him and his favourite little brainlet "NoSkill" out on their practically borderline shitposting level of "Balance Discussion".

Now, i'd have no issues with this child doing techy shit for the mod, but giving someone who isn't even a forum moderator moderation powers on an irc seems like a general bad idea whatever way you look at it, it means any old retard who can throw some bits of dodgy code together can just rock up and start banning anyone who disagrees with their nonsense.

Basically, just stop him being able to moderate with his childish antics and best friend retard who wont take the clue of "your ideas are bad for the greater good of the mod".

kthxbye
I'm a girrrrlllll gamer.
User avatar
LordKira007
Level 1
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat 20 Jan, 2018 12:50 pm

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby LordKira007 » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 3:55 pm

Dissing two gods in one post. Shame on u Ai
Blood For The Blood GOD!!!
User avatar
OceansAteAlaska
Level 1
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun 17 Dec, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby OceansAteAlaska » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 3:56 pm

I agree tho
User avatar
Ayy Eye
Level 2
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed 28 Mar, 2018 5:21 pm
Location: Britbong Land

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Ayy Eye » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:16 pm

Nurland wrote:So what exactly did you say to earn a ban? As accurately as you can remember (wording and stuff).


General shitposting and pointing out that he isn't a moderator and thus should not be trying to moderate to make NoSkill feel better about himself.
I'm a girrrrlllll gamer.
User avatar
Atlas
Moderator
Posts: 2089
Joined: Sun 02 Feb, 2014 5:23 pm
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Atlas » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:17 pm

Wow, I'm not even entirely sure what happened but I can taste the salt. I will say that I have been really tired of the shitposting and the insults on the balance talk channel. On that principle, I'm totally fine with weeding it out.
Atlas: Minister of Common Sense, Reasoning and Similar Sh*t
User avatar
Ayy Eye
Level 2
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed 28 Mar, 2018 5:21 pm
Location: Britbong Land

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Ayy Eye » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:20 pm

Atlas wrote:Wow, I'm not even entirely sure what happened but I can taste the salt. I will say that I have been really tired of the shitposting and the insults on the balance talk channel. On that principle, I'm totally fine with weeding it out.


So, telling someone that an idea will be terrible for balance is shitposting but constantly spouting shit is fine?
I'm a girrrrlllll gamer.
User avatar
Nurland
Moderator
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon 04 Feb, 2013 5:25 pm
Location: Eye of Error
Contact:

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Nurland » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:23 pm

General shitposting is something Atlas has repetedly asked people to keep out of balance chat... So you did that and when a staff member told you not to do it, you started flaming him because "he isn't a mod"? So you got banned for 24 hours and now you come here and complain about it?

Telling people their ideas are terrible is fine but calling them names or being a dick about it etc isn't. Neither is flaming the mod staff.
#noobcodex
User avatar
Ayy Eye
Level 2
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed 28 Mar, 2018 5:21 pm
Location: Britbong Land

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Ayy Eye » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:26 pm

Nurland wrote:General shitposting is something Atlas has repetedly asked people to keep out of balance chat... So you did that and when a staff member told you not to do it, you started flaming him because "he isn't a mod"? So you got banned for 24 hours and now you come here and complain about it?

Telling people their ideas are terrible is fine but calling them names or being a dick about it etc isn't. Neither is flaming the mod staff.


1 sec, I'll just go fill the forum balance section with bullshit, apparently that's allowed now, in fact it's encouraged.
I'm a girrrrlllll gamer.
User avatar
Atlas
Moderator
Posts: 2089
Joined: Sun 02 Feb, 2014 5:23 pm
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Atlas » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:32 pm

Yeah ok, this is sounding more and more like salty because timed out. Grab a snickers and cool off. Being mad at NoSkill is not a reason to do any of this.
Atlas: Minister of Common Sense, Reasoning and Similar Sh*t
User avatar
Ayy Eye
Level 2
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed 28 Mar, 2018 5:21 pm
Location: Britbong Land

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Ayy Eye » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:35 pm

Atlas wrote:Yeah ok, this is sounding more and more like salty because timed out. Grab a snickers and cool off. Being mad at NoSkill is not a reason to do any of this.


Oddly enough i couldn't care less about NoSkill, my issue is with the fact that you've put someone in a moderation position purely because they can do a few lines of code for you. You've failed to notice that he takes pride in the fact that he can constantly pull shit out of his arse and fhwap it down in the balance channel despite the fact that no one has ever even seen him play in elite mod. I'm happy to accept this temp ban but this child is clearly in no fit state to ban people when there are actual moderators who are there to actually moderate instead of just getting some coder to do it for them.
I'm a girrrrlllll gamer.
User avatar
Nurland
Moderator
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon 04 Feb, 2013 5:25 pm
Location: Eye of Error
Contact:

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Nurland » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:36 pm

The difference there would be that you would be doing it just to be an asshole and annoy people where as other people do it with good intentions (though some of the posters seem rather stubborn about the validity of their ideas). But as long as they follow the balance forum talk guidelines and forum rules, they are allowed to do so.

And it is not like we get a ton of balance threads anyhow so at least so far the amount of threads hasn't been exactly "flooding" on the forums.
#noobcodex
User avatar
Ayy Eye
Level 2
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed 28 Mar, 2018 5:21 pm
Location: Britbong Land

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Ayy Eye » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:39 pm

Nurland wrote:The difference there would be that you would be doing it just to be an asshole and annoy people where as other people do it with good intentions (though some of the posters seem rather stubborn about the validity of their ideas). But as long as they follow the balance forum talk guidelines and forum rules, they are allowed to do so.

And it is not like we get a ton of balance threads anyhow so at least so far the amount of threads hasn't been exactly "flooding" on the forums.


Have you been too busy to check the discord you're meant to be moderating? There have been daily shitstorms from people talking about nonsense for weeks.
I'm a girrrrlllll gamer.
User avatar
Nurland
Moderator
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon 04 Feb, 2013 5:25 pm
Location: Eye of Error
Contact:

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Nurland » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:41 pm

I haven't seen Black_Relic abuse his powers and based on this he hasn't. More so I feel like he did the right thing there. Hard to say 100% since some of the comments are gone but based on this I don't see misconduct on his behalf. So I am not for removing his moderation rights just because you are salty about getting a timeout by him.
#noobcodex
User avatar
Ayy Eye
Level 2
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed 28 Mar, 2018 5:21 pm
Location: Britbong Land

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Ayy Eye » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:43 pm

Nurland wrote:I haven't seen Black_Relic abuse his powers and based on this he hasn't. More so I feel like he did the right thing there. Hard to say 100% since some of the comments are gone but based on this I don't see misconduct on his behalf. So I am not for removing his moderation rights just because you are salty about getting a timeout by him.


Coders shouldn't even have moderation, would you give them all mod rights on this forum just because they can write a few lines of code for you here and there?
I'm a girrrrlllll gamer.
User avatar
Nurland
Moderator
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon 04 Feb, 2013 5:25 pm
Location: Eye of Error
Contact:

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Nurland » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:43 pm

Ayy Eye wrote:
Nurland wrote:The difference there would be that you would be doing it just to be an asshole and annoy people where as other people do it with good intentions (though some of the posters seem rather stubborn about the validity of their ideas). But as long as they follow the balance forum talk guidelines and forum rules, they are allowed to do so.

And it is not like we get a ton of balance threads anyhow so at least so far the amount of threads hasn't been exactly "flooding" on the forums.


Have you been too busy to check the discord you're meant to be moderating? There have been daily shitstorms from people talking about nonsense for weeks.


As a matter of a fact, yes I have been kinda busy for the past couple weeks.
#noobcodex
User avatar
Ayy Eye
Level 2
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed 28 Mar, 2018 5:21 pm
Location: Britbong Land

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Ayy Eye » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:45 pm

Nurland wrote:
Ayy Eye wrote:
Nurland wrote:The difference there would be that you would be doing it just to be an asshole and annoy people where as other people do it with good intentions (though some of the posters seem rather stubborn about the validity of their ideas). But as long as they follow the balance forum talk guidelines and forum rules, they are allowed to do so.

And it is not like we get a ton of balance threads anyhow so at least so far the amount of threads hasn't been exactly "flooding" on the forums.


Have you been too busy to check the discord you're meant to be moderating? There have been daily shitstorms from people talking about nonsense for weeks.


As a matter of a fact, yes I have been kinda busy for the past couple weeks.


You managed to turn up pretty quickly when i said something here, surely it's not that much difficult to just look at discord every so often too or even to answer moderator pings?
I'm a girrrrlllll gamer.
User avatar
Nurland
Moderator
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon 04 Feb, 2013 5:25 pm
Location: Eye of Error
Contact:

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Nurland » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:52 pm

Ayy Eye wrote:
Nurland wrote:I haven't seen Black_Relic abuse his powers and based on this he hasn't. More so I feel like he did the right thing there. Hard to say 100% since some of the comments are gone but based on this I don't see misconduct on his behalf. So I am not for removing his moderation rights just because you are salty about getting a timeout by him.


Coders shouldn't even have moderation, would you give them all mod rights on this forum just because they can write a few lines of code for you here and there?


So your argument for his mod right removal is because he used his mod powers in a manner that was justified but as he wasn't specifically selected as a moderator, he shouldn't have the mod powers? It seems like he stepped up when the Discord server was being rather unmoderated for a while. One of the other mods like Codex, I, Torpid or Atlas etc should have intervened earlier so it does seem like we need more active moderation in the Discord and he is bringing some of that.

Just because you personally don't like him or agree with most of his ideas means absolutely nothing to me.
#noobcodex
HUNTER
Level 1
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu 23 Jun, 2016 10:15 pm

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby HUNTER » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:56 pm

Nurland isn't very active anymore so he is going to miss stuff. A perfect mod for a ded game one could say :D
User avatar
Ayy Eye
Level 2
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed 28 Mar, 2018 5:21 pm
Location: Britbong Land

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Ayy Eye » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:56 pm

Nurland wrote:
Ayy Eye wrote:
Nurland wrote:I haven't seen Black_Relic abuse his powers and based on this he hasn't. More so I feel like he did the right thing there. Hard to say 100% since some of the comments are gone but based on this I don't see misconduct on his behalf. So I am not for removing his moderation rights just because you are salty about getting a timeout by him.


Coders shouldn't even have moderation, would you give them all mod rights on this forum just because they can write a few lines of code for you here and there?


So your argument for his mod right removal is because he used his mod powers in a manner that was justified but as he wasn't specifically selected as a moderator, he shouldn't have the mod powers? It seems like he stepped up when the Discord server was being rather unmoderated for a while. One of the other mods like Codex, I, Torpid or Atlas etc should have intervened earlier so it does seem like we need more active moderation in the Discord and he is bringing some of that.

Just because you personally don't like him or agree with most of his ideas means absolutely nothing to me.


My argument for his moderator removal is that he's not a moderator, had he been marked as a "moderator" or if any other moderators had come and told me to stop i'd have happily done so, as it is i see no reason for him to be a moderator other than the actual moderators not actually being bothered to moderate.
I'm a girrrrlllll gamer.
User avatar
Nurland
Moderator
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon 04 Feb, 2013 5:25 pm
Location: Eye of Error
Contact:

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Nurland » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:56 pm

Ayy Eye wrote:
Nurland wrote:
Ayy Eye wrote:
Have you been too busy to check the discord you're meant to be moderating? There have been daily shitstorms from people talking about nonsense for weeks.


As a matter of a fact, yes I have been kinda busy for the past couple weeks.


You managed to turn up pretty quickly when i said something here, surely it's not that much difficult to just look at discord every so often too or even to answer moderator pings?


Well it is Sunday and I just came back home from a trip and turned on my PC to see what's going on so your timing was rather impeccable. Also I browse the forums a lot more often than the Discord anyhow.

I have the discord pings disabled since I find them annoying. I tend to disable most of the notifications on all devices for all apps etc for the same reason.
#noobcodex
User avatar
Black Relic
Level 4
Posts: 798
Joined: Mon 29 Jul, 2013 3:05 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Black Relic » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:58 pm

Ai you needed to relax. It was a balance section that I want to keep clean. I woke up this morning to find nearly everyone causing havoc. So I deleted those comments that insulted another or had no reason being there. You said it yourself that there has been no control or consequences for being "jerk" on the forum.

The main reason why you are on time out was because rather than stopping your tantrum and taking a deep breath you starting to smash you hand on your keyboard and pressing enter. I do not mind removing comments, but you are obviously and deliberately making nonsense on a balance section after some one repeatedly asked you to stop. That is the height of bad manners a deserves a time out when you cannot stop yourself or understand when you should.


I understand sometimes people also need to just post whatever to get it off their head. Imo thats why when you come back the general chat room is where all of this posting will take place, so long as it does not cross a certain line of insulting people and i will be checking it sometimes.

I have told no skill his theory crafting needs to not go into the balance section because its not balance without an arguement to back it up. Therefore he will now take it to general. I belive he got the picture.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
User avatar
Ayy Eye
Level 2
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed 28 Mar, 2018 5:21 pm
Location: Britbong Land

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Ayy Eye » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 5:01 pm

Black Relic wrote:I have told no skill his theory crafting needs to not go into the balance section because its not balance without an arguement to back it up. Therefore he will now take it to general. I belive he got the picture.


Everyone has been telling him that for weeks, it's obviously not sticking.

Not to mention that this isn't even the reason for this thread, I'm just trying to work out why an actual Moderator didn't come and tell me to stop and instead a coder (who isn't even a forum moderator) had to do it instead.
I'm a girrrrlllll gamer.
User avatar
Nurland
Moderator
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon 04 Feb, 2013 5:25 pm
Location: Eye of Error
Contact:

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Nurland » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 5:30 pm

Ayy Eye wrote:
Black Relic wrote:I have told no skill his theory crafting needs to not go into the balance section because its not balance without an arguement to back it up. Therefore he will now take it to general. I belive he got the picture.


Everyone has been telling him that for weeks, it's obviously not sticking.

Not to mention that this isn't even the reason for this thread, I'm just trying to work out why an actual Moderator didn't come and tell me to stop and instead a coder (who isn't even a forum moderator) had to do it instead.


Ok. So now it isn't about abusing moderation powers anymore?'

This is your first and last warning regarding this subject. Stop wasting our time with random bs just because you are feeling salty.
#noobcodex
User avatar
Ayy Eye
Level 2
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed 28 Mar, 2018 5:21 pm
Location: Britbong Land

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Ayy Eye » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 5:39 pm

Nurland wrote:
Ayy Eye wrote:
Black Relic wrote:I have told no skill his theory crafting needs to not go into the balance section because its not balance without an arguement to back it up. Therefore he will now take it to general. I belive he got the picture.


Everyone has been telling him that for weeks, it's obviously not sticking.

Not to mention that this isn't even the reason for this thread, I'm just trying to work out why an actual Moderator didn't come and tell me to stop and instead a coder (who isn't even a forum moderator) had to do it instead.


Ok. So now it isn't about abusing moderation powers anymore?'

This is your first and last warning regarding this subject. Stop wasting our time with random bs just because you are feeling salty.


Warn away, you've not answered the post other than "reeee we too busy to moderate our own discord".
I'm a girrrrlllll gamer.
User avatar
Swift
Moderator
Posts: 2108
Joined: Wed 22 Jan, 2014 6:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Swift » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 5:56 pm

:thinking:
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
User avatar
Nurland
Moderator
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon 04 Feb, 2013 5:25 pm
Location: Eye of Error
Contact:

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Nurland » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:06 pm

Ayy Eye wrote:
Nurland wrote:
Ayy Eye wrote:
Everyone has been telling him that for weeks, it's obviously not sticking.

Not to mention that this isn't even the reason for this thread, I'm just trying to work out why an actual Moderator didn't come and tell me to stop and instead a coder (who isn't even a forum moderator) had to do it instead.


Ok. So now it isn't about abusing moderation powers anymore?'

This is your first and last warning regarding this subject. Stop wasting our time with random bs just because you are feeling salty.


Warn away, you've not answered the post other than "reeee we too busy to moderate our own discord".


Well first of all. Your original post was about how you were banned unjustly. Then when it became apparent that that was not the case, you changed the conversation into: "It is not right I get banned for breaking the rules by someone who is a member of the staff but doesn't have mod tag on him/her."

And yes. The mods have been busy with other stuff (at least I have been, can't speak for others). We probably need more mods for Discord as people like Codex and Swift are even more inactive there than I but we'll see.
#noobcodex
User avatar
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4
Posts: 952
Joined: Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:47 pm

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:19 pm

Image
User avatar
Ayy Eye
Level 2
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed 28 Mar, 2018 5:21 pm
Location: Britbong Land

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Ayy Eye » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:19 pm

Nurland wrote:
Ayy Eye wrote:
Nurland wrote:
Ok. So now it isn't about abusing moderation powers anymore?'

This is your first and last warning regarding this subject. Stop wasting our time with random bs just because you are feeling salty.


Warn away, you've not answered the post other than "reeee we too busy to moderate our own discord".


Well first of all. Your original post was about how you were banned unjustly. Then when it became apparent that that was not the case, you changed the conversation into: "It is not right I get banned for breaking the rules by someone who is a member of the staff but doesn't have mod tag on him/her."

And yes. The mods have been busy with other stuff (at least I have been, can't speak for others). We probably need more mods for Discord as people like Codex and Swift are even more inactive there than I but we'll see.


So, we're going to do a NoSkill level of thing here where you go "yeah but" and i go "well i said this anyway" thing? Because this wont get us anywhere, we need to address the root of the problem and either make blackrelic an actual moderator with said "moderator" roles and the fancy shiz, or remove his moderating rights and not let coders be moderators as standard.
I'm a girrrrlllll gamer.
User avatar
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4
Posts: 952
Joined: Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:47 pm

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:28 pm

Ooooooooooor you grow up, accept that you violated the rules and be done with it. Move on with your life.
User avatar
Torpid
Moderator
Posts: 3263
Joined: Sat 01 Jun, 2013 12:09 pm
Location: England, Leeds

Re: Discord Server Management

Postby Torpid » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:56 pm

Gotta love going on holiday for a week and coming back to see how much drama this "dead" game still has. It's awesome =D
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!

Return to “General discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests