Tooltip info and some questions

Generic non-balance topics.
Malachi
Level 0

Tooltip info and some questions

Postby Malachi » Mon 06 Aug, 2018 11:15 am

Hi,

As not all the info about how stuff works currently in the mod can be found in the Codex, I have a couple questions:

1. Is there a way to easily view tooltip text for units, upgrades and abilities without actually launching the game? Some sort of text file maybe?
2. There is zero information about Chaos Shrines in the Codex. What do they currently do? I've heard for example that the Khorne shrine provides +10% damage increase in the area in addition to normal effect of spawning Bloodletters.
3. I can see in a lot of replays, people playing Chaos Sorc firing Doombolt at units in cover. I remember from retail that Doombolt was affected by cover, and thus firing it at units in cover was a waste. Was this changed? What about the Warlock's Destructor? Is there a way to tell which ability is affected by cover?
[edit:]
4. Is there a complete list of changelogs somewhere? You know, to see the changes applied in the releases since the beginning of Elite?

Thanks in advance.
Nurland

Re: Tooltip info and some questions

Postby Nurland » Mon 06 Aug, 2018 1:00 pm

I can answer the Shrines. Kshrine spawns Letters and give +10% melee damage in the area, Tshrine gives +10% damage resistance. Nshrine heals your stuff and suppresses enemies.

When worshipped, shrines spawn letters/doombolts more often and Nurgay shrine allows you to reinforce. I think it also heals a bit more often.
#noobcodex
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 06 Aug, 2018 2:22 pm

Malachi wrote:Hi,

As not all the info about how stuff works currently in the mod can be found in the Codex, I have a couple questions:

1. Is there a way to easily view tooltip text for units, upgrades and abilities without actually launching the game? Some sort of text file maybe?
2. There is zero information about Chaos Shrines in the Codex. What do they currently do? I've heard for example that the Khorne shrine provides +10% damage increase in the area in addition to normal effect of spawning Bloodletters.
3. I can see in a lot of replays, people playing Chaos Sorc firing Doombolt at units in cover. I remember from retail that Doombolt was affected by cover, and thus firing it at units in cover was a waste. Was this changed? What about the Warlock's Destructor? Is there a way to tell which ability is affected by cover?
[edit:]
4. Is there a complete list of changelogs somewhere? You know, to see the changes applied in the releases since the beginning of Elite?

Thanks in advance.

1. Not really.
2. Nurgle covered this.
3. Doombotls are affected by cover, but I believe they did less damage in retail so you really didn't wanna waste them on untis in cover. They still do a d cent amount to them in cover and sometime it forces units out of cover to try and dodge. which you can predict to do a lot of damage. Only way tot tell is checking the damage type of the ability in the codex and seeing the cover modifier.
4. No
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 1:54 am

You can open the Elite_en.ucs in a text editor but it's not exactly designed to be read.

Return to “Community General Discussion”