Bugs

Generic non-balance topics.
Black Relic
Level 4

Bugs

Postby Black Relic » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 6:19 am

I FINALLY HAVE A GPU AGAIN!!!

Now that out of the way..........

Just I want people to but down a bug that they want to be attempt top be fixed. But I need either a good explanation of the bug or a replay. Note I cannot fix sound bug. Ill get that out now but there are a few on my list that I will attempt to fix. Once I find a way to get it done ill let everyone know how I am doing it and if people will be ok with its implementation. ATM my list of bug I MIGHT be able to fix consists only of...

1: LG bug where he dies before the rest of his retinue.

2: Transports taking extra damage when units are inside of the transport.

3: Fixing staggered jump (some what on this though. Its just to increase jumping unit range, not to be confused with ability range, so they can immediately jump instead of having to walk into the range to be able to jump). I have fixed this one in my mod. Staggered Jumps are removed and imo it should be removed here too however i'll leave that to the community.

4: I was told the sorc as a bug on doombolt not going off on pistols. Buut I need more info ion that. Post anything down and ill update the OP.

I know we have a similar thread but this is to help it be easier for me and I can actually talk to everyone better imo here and update people on the progress if it works or if I canot find a way to get this stuff to work.

One thing I do want to ask is merciless strike. I could make the ability slightly easier to hit and it be directional without having to give that directional input. Making the ability faster to use, less down time on ASM standing around and slightly more dodge able since there is a specific direction. Again i'll leave that change to the community though.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Rostam
Level 4

Re: Bugs

Postby Rostam » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 7:22 am

would be nice to see these bugs fixed from retribution in which elite inherited unfortunately
Lictor Alpha/GUO ,Fleshhook bugging out and not working sometimes
Eldrich doing instant 1500 dmg (or sth like that) to land raiders while units inside of them
units stuck on webway gates and ravener tunnels (also the issue of not being able to build gens when rav tunnel is in a bad spot near the power node)
sometimes drop pod is not delivered only the marines come out (no knock back benefit,no reinforcement point)
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 4:55 pm

Sorcerer doesn't seem to fire the intended amount of bolts all the time when full on energy through to consume.

Guardsmen squad size gets reduced models when entering RA tunnels for the rest of the game :/

Transport not getting any damage when transporting a unit. (bright lance / fire dragons specifically come to mind) Not entirely sure if that is still an issue.

Any unit that is setup getting stuck inside webway gates.

Scout shotgunblast not going off when the model trying to do the blast gets killed. Or some other reasons.

Edit 1: setup teams setting up the wrong way.

Lootas instantly setting up.
Last edited by Dark Riku on Tue 07 Aug, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 1:17 am

LG dying before his retinue is not a bug. He's only a last to die model for the storm troopers and can normally die before the other retinue members. This does leave the other retinue members stuck in the field unable to move so they tend to die really fast after LG pretty much everytime which is a bit silly but w.e.

Edit: There is however a bug with LG reinforcing. He is sometimes unable to reinforce models in the field, although it is rare. Sometimes it only lasts for a few seconds and it's barely noticeable and other times it lasts for over a minute which can be very troubling. I have absolutely on idea what causes it though. It happened today on my second game against vindicare in late T1 iirc. https://dawnofwar.info/esl/match/34960056
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 4:58 am

Dark Riku wrote:Sorcerer doesn't seem to fire the intended amount of bolts all the time when full on energy through to consume.

Guardsmen squad size gets reduced models when entering RA tunnels for the rest of the game :/

Transport not getting any damage when transporting a unit. (bright lance / fire dragons specifically come to min) Not entirely sure if that is still an issue.

Any unit that is setup getting stuck inside webway gates.

Scout shotgunblast not going off when the model trying to do the blast gets killed. Or some other reasons.

yeah, seen 2x times transport bug when Falcon carrying DA escapes meltaDread with no damage at all.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 5:05 am

Looks like we'll need to add a look at deffguns. Their performance was oddly spotty from the games I saw today. Could be an accuracy issue maybe?
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 5:57 am

Ill need more info on the lootas though. Do you mean they are too accurate at long distances?

Looking into the LG not reinforcing.

Btw should I make it so when the LG dies the rest of his retinue dies to without that weird glitch? Although making him die last period would fix that awkwardness.

Do you have a DL of the Meltadread and Falcon??
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 6:35 am

Black Relic wrote:Btw should I make it so when the LG dies the rest of his retinue dies to without that weird glitch? Although making him die last period would fix that awkwardness.

Making him last to die would be a better solution imo. There's 0 benefit in making the retinue just die if he does. At least if they don't you could technically rebuy the LG immediately and the retinue would teleport to base with him? I've never tried that Because of the whole gradual cost decrease thing for rebuying heroes.
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Shroom
Level 2

Postby Shroom » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 1:01 pm

regarding the doombolts bug, according to forest its caused by doing it too soon after the sorcerer firing his pistol, after he does that you wont get full doombolts even if hes got 40 extra energy.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:47 am

Black Relic wrote:
Do you have a DL of the Meltadread and Falcon??

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3146&p=67514#p67489

https://dawnofwar.info/esl/match/33698433
Telos
Level 2

Postby Telos » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:04 am

Hormagaunts jumping into impassable terrain when a synapse creature is nearby and becoming stuck when the synapse creature walks out of range. Assuming the gaunts are able to retreat with a stuck member, they can't reinforce and can't take most commands reliably because the stuck member resets them.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:31 pm

So I looked into the bug for the transport and the LG respawning as well as the ravener thing.

So first off, the LG bug seems to be an issue of respawning a unit the moment the lead model is knockedback. I have had this issue on SM squads no being reinforced by drop pods before when the "lead" model was knocked back since every squad has a lead model even without a leader in the squad. That lead model displays the HP, energy and detector icon etc of that squad. When that model is knocked back when a model is about to spawn in to reinforce the squad the bug happens.

Sadly I cannot fix that other than making it more tedious and make the respawning action a toggled ability which would imo be counter intuitive. The only way to get a quick fix is to cancel the reinforcement and repurchase the lost model again. Sort of the "reset" the reinforce action. That should work because when you have that model done it the "production" and retreated to the HQ in that game the model respawned immediately as a result of the new "spawning beacon" so to speak. Since this is a coding issue I cannot fix this sadly. But I believe just repurchasing the model to restart the reinforcement action could fix it or just retreat to base. It sucks but hey, Relic is odd. It also could be a bug with overwatch but even if it is what I previously said could "fix" it. Will not help in a fight much though which is a bummer.

The Transporting bug. Ok so I have not tested this yet but I am letting ya'll know now. So when units embark in a transport the game considers them in cover. I think this bug has to do with that so I removed that. I think the game was considering the vehicle a building or something and the multi-melta attacking the occupants and those shot where some how missing. Do not expect too much but I can see that as a possible reason the transport not taking any damage. I am trying to see if I can find away to make sure transports do not take extra damage from shit inside the transport. Since I think transports take more damage from elder nukes and those sorts because thewre are more model in the transport AND the game thinks those emarked units are taking the damage too. So yea. I also might have to "make" another hold type specifically for transports if I get good results on the other bug. But I need testers.

As for the ravener bug. I looked at it. So there is an Ravener_tunnel.rbf and an Ravener_exit_tunnel.rbf. I think that bug is happening because of those. But I could be wrong. I am also setting the squad damage multiplier to 0 from 1 since all transport have that and their have been no trouble from that so far with guardsmen losing squad members. Again though I will need a player to test this with me when I get shit put together.

More will come later. Also Atlas asked me to try and help pathing for reversing so it do not suddenly stop reversing. Worked on that a bit already too. Same with the sentinel would should be easier to reverse and work with. More than usual. But testing with our community will be required so see what people are more comfortable with and see what is too far and what is just right.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:54 pm

Be advised on that last part Relic that I had a conversation with Torpid on the topic and he actually suggested the leash be put shorter rather than longer. Now I have no idea why we would make vehicle pathing even harder than it is, but whatever the suggestion was made. IG vehicles would obviously need to be nerfed if the idea goes in but that's something that would need testing in the first place. So who knows about that change at the end of the day.

Keep up the good work!

Return to “Community General Discussion”