I want to get into Elite - any tips?

Generic non-balance topics.
GAY_WEED_DAD_69
Level 1

I want to get into Elite - any tips?

Postby GAY_WEED_DAD_69 » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:46 am

Hey, so i've been watching Indrids Elite casts and wanted to get into DOW2 multiplayer for quite a while, but i dunno where to start. The players left seem to be too few and far in between, and are also hardened veterans at the game. While i don't expect to win every game when i start, but losing all the time isn't fun either.

Is there anyone new here who wants to start playing games and practice with me? Are there any tournaments/faction games for newbies?

Are there any veterans who would play games with me who would be willing to teach/not play as seriously as regular multiplayer games?

And lastly - how does A.I work in this game? Are they any good for practice? Does Very hard A.I cheat req/power wise and are they a viable strategy for pacticing for multiplayer games?

Thanks in advance! Would love to join you guys in this small but tight community :)
Ayy Eye
Level 2

Re: I want to get into Elite - any tips?

Postby Ayy Eye » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:22 pm

https://discord.gg/bXqz7kx

Go here.

Find people who won't utterly destroy you.

Git gud.

Never play against AI.
She/Her gamergirl
xXKageAsashinXx
Level 2

Postby xXKageAsashinXx » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 7:07 pm

An extension on never playing against AI, the hardest AI will never bash your generators or destroy your power nodes to steal them. If you node every power on the map, the AI will literally be playing with half resources. Add onto that their quirk of never grouping more than 3 units together at a time unless pathing just happens to overlap, "human error" which lets you kill off squads it conveniently "forgets" if the squad was retreated a certain amount of times in its life and yeah... just don't bother. Only thing AI does is randomly build units and randomly cap. Get past the first minute and it's a done game.
So... I hear you refuse to repent.
SarDauk
Level 2

Postby SarDauk » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 3:01 am

Well infact there is also lot's of low/mid level players especially in 3v3, as a beginner I can say it is not to hard to find games at our level, in 1v1 a little bit more but there is the discord to find people around.
"Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my sword!"
Codex

Postby Codex » Wed 11 Jul, 2018 7:58 pm

Every time you meet someone friendly, add them on steam.

Always a good shout.
Righteousness does not make right

Return to “Community General Discussion”