Did I just see an actual usage of Tactics?! More please!

Generic non-balance topics.
Japanese Sushi
Level 1

Did I just see an actual usage of Tactics?! More please!

Postby Japanese Sushi » Sat 19 May, 2018 11:49 am

Note: Before reading this post, I just want to clarify that these are NOT advanced tactics. I’m just happy to see that people are using tactics in general and are actually using their brains to play. Not just the nonsense of spamming and whatnot.

YES! YES! THIS IS WHAT I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!

https://youtu.be/s2VNlB7CmYw

From the moment those Dire Avengers used Fleet to dodge that Raptor Jump to how those Phobos were using their Dirge Casters aggressively by running into VP’s and stunning the units capping them, I knew this was gonna be good fight and it truly was!

Actually putting webway gates near enemy power for quick in and out bashing? Using the Pinning Fire of the Dark Reapers to great effect and basically acting as better, more mobile Shurikens while converting the Guardian Teams to Brightlances to deal with enemy vehicles? Using Seer Council to hunt enemy Heretics to deny their Phobos and Predators repair? Using a Mark of Nurgle Predator as a meatshield because you already have a Phobos and others to deal some severe damage?

What we have just seen in this video is the prodigious use of tactics that are unconventional, effective, and show a knack for adaptability.

None of this, “I’ll spam Nobz/D-Cannons/Leman Russes/etc. and attack them head on” and then screaming like little kids about how OP the opposing faction is. This nonsense, that people think is how RTS Games should work, is exactly what we should stop encouraging.

“Learn, adapt, play, and enjoy” is the name of our game here. If you never try to adapt then you will never become better than how you are now.
Last edited by Japanese Sushi on Sat 19 May, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OceansAteAlaska
Level 2

Re: Did I just see an actual usage of Tactics?! More please!

Postby OceansAteAlaska » Sat 19 May, 2018 11:58 am

Lmao they Just used their Units abilites xddd
Japanese Sushi
Level 1

Postby Japanese Sushi » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:23 pm

OceansAteAlaska wrote:Lmao they Just used their Units abilites xddd

If you’re talking about the usage of Fleet and Dirge Caster then I just wanna say that I constantly see players forget that they even have abilities to use not to mention that most only think that Fleet is a “Chase the enemy better” or “Runaway better” ability and that Dirge Caster is a “Use when my Phobos is about to die so it can escape” ability and not realizing that they can have many other ways to use them.

Some players just go, “Hurr! Spam grenades! Better than using Fleet!” -__-
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:34 pm

In the end he used fleet of foot to "get away faster", since he wouldnt be able to dodge the raptor jump without the use of it. But idk if this is actually a troll post or not.
Ayy Eye
Level 2

Postby Ayy Eye » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:35 pm

Yes?
She/Her gamergirl
Japanese Sushi
Level 1

Postby Japanese Sushi » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:37 pm

The Licking Boogyman wrote:In the end he used fleet of foot to "get away faster", since he wouldnt be able to dodge the raptor jump without the use of it. But idk if this is actually a troll post or not.

This is not a troll post. I’m just glad that players are actually using stuff to their advantage instead of just doing, as I said earlier, “Hurr! Spam grenades! They’re better than Fleet!”
Japanese Sushi
Level 1

Postby Japanese Sushi » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:38 pm

Ayy Eye wrote:Yes?

Hmmm?
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:41 pm

U can use fof with nades and the usage of fof or shields should be pretty common with mediocre players. So idk why ur saying something about advanced tactics, when this is pretty basic stuff.
OceansAteAlaska
Level 2

Postby OceansAteAlaska » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:43 pm

The Licking Boogyman wrote:U can use fof with nades and the usage of fof or shields should be pretty common with mediocre players. So idk why ur saying something about advanced tactics, when this is pretty basic stuff.

This
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:45 pm

Also the players were mediocre in the replay, so such play is expected. Also its a 3v3 so mindlessly going into a fight is kinda common in a game mode were flanking is rarily possible.
Japanese Sushi
Level 1

Postby Japanese Sushi » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:49 pm

The Licking Boogyman wrote:U can use fof with nades and the usage of fof or shields should be pretty common with mediocre players. So idk why ur saying something about advanced tactics, when this is pretty basic stuff.

I wasn’t talking about advanced tactics. I was talking about tactics in general actually being used. Again, I mostly just see spams and other nonsense from some players. So when people actually use their brains to play, I’m happy to see it.
Japanese Sushi
Level 1

Postby Japanese Sushi » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:51 pm

OceansAteAlaska wrote:

This

Refer to my post just now
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:56 pm

The only time i c spam is in either retail or current rangers being kinda broken with theyre kinetic pulse. Things like pm spam is anyways rare since ppl know its not gud. So i guess most ppl do "tactics". Idk which kind of casts ur watching, but it sounds like u only watch retail casts or replays or something like that. Or ur not seeing what ppl try to do with their builds and upgrades.
Japanese Sushi
Level 1

Postby Japanese Sushi » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:10 pm

The Licking Boogyman wrote:The only time i c spam is in either retail or current rangers being kinda broken with theyre kinetic pulse. Things like pm spam is anyways rare since ppl know its not gud. So i guess most ppl do "tactics". Idk which kind of casts ur watching, but it sounds like u only watch retail casts or replays or something like that. Or ur not seeing what ppl try to do with their builds and upgrades.

Oh no. I see what players are trying to do with their builds and upgrades i.e. “Getting flamers for bashing” or “Getting lightning claw assault termies when enemy has Nobz or mass infantry”

It’s just a breathe of fresh air to me when I see players actually using their unit’s abilities well and units that aren’t usually seen (Dark Reapers constantly getting passed over in favor of Wraithguard as well as Khorne or Tzeentch Predator usually built instead of Nurgle) being used effectively.
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:24 pm

Well u most likely know why they get used preferably to the other upgrade or unit. For example the nurgle pred deals better with infantry and is tanky, but the khorne one is universally good as it still has mobility and its alpha damage vs vehicle, tzeentch version being simply a tank hunter. Chaos can most times deal with mass inf anyway without nurgle version. Dark reapers also more of a situational unit than wraithguard, i mean dark reapers are gud for countering hi/shi but wraithguard can do as well, while being able to even deal better vs most units especially low hp high model units and non-walker-vehicles. So by that the nurgle upgrade or dark reapers are pretty situational units and not as universally good as the others, which is the reason why the other options get picked more often than those.
OceansAteAlaska
Level 2

Postby OceansAteAlaska » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:28 pm

A Lot of people actually use their abilities
Only complete newbies dont so idk why you're losing your mind over this
Japanese Sushi
Level 1

Postby Japanese Sushi » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:29 pm

The Licking Boogyman wrote:Well u most likely know why they get used preferably to the other upgrade or unit. For example the nurgle pred deals better with infantry and is tanky, but the khorne one is universally good as it still has mobility and its alpha damage vs vehicle, tzeentch version being simply a tank hunter. Chaos can most times deal with mass inf anyway without nurgle version. Dark reapers also more of a situational unit than wraithguard, i mean dark reapers are gud for countering hi/shi but wraithguard can do as well, while being able to even deal better vs most units especially low hp high model units and non-walker-vehicles. So by that the nurgle upgrade or dark reapers are pretty situational units and not as universally good as the others, which is the reason why the other options get picked more often than those.

Yeah... it’s sad to see them (Dark Reapers and Nurgle Predator) available but not really trained/made because there are better units that are also generally good against most enemies. But like I said, I’m just glad that they were used effectively even though they aren’t usually seen in most games.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:39 pm

The Video you just showed is a LOW-MID level Factionwar (still fun to watch for luls), that is not a good indicator for balance or reliable tactics
3v3s are generally not that good in the way of tactics, not to mention factionwars
Factionwars are generally for luls and shit and to catch the glimps of lore and stuff,not much in the way of viable tactics in them

The best meta for measuring solid tactics is Mid-High level 1v1s (and mb 2v2s or very high level 3v3s in open maps)
Last edited by Rostam on Sat 19 May, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Japanese Sushi
Level 1

Postby Japanese Sushi » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:41 pm

OceansAteAlaska wrote:A Lot of people actually use their abilities
Only complete newbies dont so idk why you're losing your mind over this

They do use them. But there is a difference between using them and using them well. Sadly, most people just use them.

Also, I’m not losing my mind over this. I told you, I’m just happy that some players are playing well and using their brains to play. I don’t know why you’re so against me being happy that the community is actually doing well.
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:42 pm

Or 2v2s since alot of teamplay is required, but then again match ups can turn out worse, because of map, but thats kinda the same in 1v1/3v3
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:44 pm

this thread is more of a discord talk , i suggest u bring it from forums to discord .
https://discord.gg/YD36J7
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
OceansAteAlaska
Level 2

Postby OceansAteAlaska » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:44 pm

Tfw using seer council to engage enemy units is considered "tactics"
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:48 pm

Japanese Sushi
Level 1

Postby Japanese Sushi » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:50 pm

PianoMan wrote:do u actually play

Yes, why?
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:52 pm

OceansAteAlaska wrote:Tfw using seer council to engage enemy units is considered "tactics"

:)
Japanese Sushi
Level 1

Postby Japanese Sushi » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:53 pm

Rostam wrote:this thread is more of a discord talk , i suggest u bring it from forums to discord .
https://discord.gg/YD36J7

Kk... actually, if this post is so salty about me being happy for the community, I’m not sure if I should move it...
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:54 pm

Japanese Sushi
Level 1

Postby Japanese Sushi » Sat 19 May, 2018 1:55 pm

OceansAteAlaska wrote:Tfw using seer council to engage enemy units is considered "tactics"

Again, there is a difference between attacking enemy units, and attacking the ones able to repair the vehicles to prevent vehicle health regen.

Return to “Community General Discussion”