Would you be interested in 'plot maps & events'? Let's talk about it!

Generic non-balance topics.
Torpid

Would you be interested in 'plot maps & events'? Let's talk about it!

Postby Torpid » Fri 18 May, 2018 12:00 pm

It's the battle of Armageddon and the last of the Imperial Guard defences at a key Star Fort are being overwhelmed by hordes of orks. Yarrick is on the ground commanding the Imperial Guard forces with the assistance of Lord General Kuryov.

Play as Yarrick and lead on the front line slaying ork with your proven melee prowess one nob at a time. Or play as Imperial Lord General Kuryov and show the filthy xenos the might of the Emperor with your varied and numerous artillery batteries. All the while being attacked and harassed mercilessly by a group of 4 Ork Warbands surrounding your fort. Your resources are limited, time is of the essence. You can't wait out forever. These orks are cunning. They know they have the numbers and they knew you haven't got the food to survive for forever, but, the Emperor always has a plan in mind for those loyal to him. The space Marines are coming. They just need time. A little bit of time to build up their own force and travel from their secure, well defended starting point through waves of ork skirmishing units to the fort with terminators, land raiders and all of the might of the Astartes to aid the guardsmen, inspire te guardsmen and lead by example like only a space marine can do.

Together, reunited with the Space Marines Yarrick will push forward killing every ork in his way and fight for this crucially important planet. Are you up to that task? Or will the ceaseless tides of greenskins prove overwhelming? Or worse yet... Will the taint of chaos take over your feeble mind?
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Torpid

Re: Would you be interested in 'plot maps & events'? Let's talk about it!

Postby Torpid » Fri 18 May, 2018 12:10 pm

We can utilise the fact that 4v4 is entirely possible. Having 5v3, 4v3, etc style games.

Pre-set teams with asymmetry on the distribution of points, starting units, resource allocation and more. Games could be streamed live as events so long as there are only 7 players max (no obs slots in 4v4). Or alternatively a series of games could be played on an event day and later casted.

It is a novel idea subject to player interest in the events. Basic descriptions of the maps and forces could be laid out in the forums before map production is engaged and a vote could be done to decide which plot battle is done first.

Would this kind of thing interest people?
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
SarDauk
Level 2

Postby SarDauk » Fri 18 May, 2018 12:25 pm

Sound awesome ! But will need some specifics settings to balance it.
"Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my sword!"
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 19 May, 2018 12:30 am

I think this idea was bounced around a little earlier. Sure, as long as you got somebody that would do the work!
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sat 19 May, 2018 2:00 am

“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sat 19 May, 2018 2:02 am

Sure.

But if someone can do this, wouldn't his skills be better spent elsewhere?
Schepp himself
Level 3

Postby Schepp himself » Sat 19 May, 2018 6:13 pm

I think that idea is super cool. When I started playing elite I got the idea that all the new units and balanace changes could really spice up the single player campaign(s) of the game, becuas ethey were quite strange gaming wise (mega hp-pools, anti-everything weaponry, broken abilities). Your idea sounds far more doable however and would mean people played together and would try out some multiplayer, I guess.

Greets
Schepp himself
Greets schep himself thingy
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Sat 19 May, 2018 8:12 pm

Seems like it would be hard to get into without some good 'ole role play. I stumbled on a way to make units spawn from the a marker and spawn for a certain player (since thats how last stand works and have been thinking about doing something similar but in last stand were you fight to an objective in the map rather than just fight waves).

But would two IG players be against 3 ork players, while 2 SM players fight one Ork player who attempts to stall them? All players would have to be the certain race and fixed positions would be necessary.

To make resources limited or scarce you have have a like two requisition points in the main base, and have multiple side bases that provide additional resources slowly.

Myrdal created a cool thingy for my mod that could see some use here. In the campaign you can destroy crates around the map and pick up requisition or power. In Multiplayer it doesn't work. But thats what he helped me input into the game. You could have a building that performs one of those actions in the side bases to periodically spawn those crates for additional resources for the defenders making it and objective/target for the ork players.

The only down side is that the only player who gains the resources income when the resource gets picked up is the player who destroys the crate. Anybody else who picks up the resources "denies" the resource income. That may have been confusing.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54

Return to “Community General Discussion”