Good ways to practice as a new player?

Generic non-balance topics.
Rolo
Level 0

Good ways to practice as a new player?

Postby Rolo » Fri 18 May, 2018 4:55 am

I've been interested in Dawn of War elite mod since I discovered some casts of the game on youtube a year or so ago, however I've found it difficult to learn the game and improve my skill within the game.

This would be my second attempt to try and learn the game as I was intimidated by the skill gap among me and other "newbies". I really think I could enjoy this game, but the effort it takes to find a game and how little I feel I learn from the in game matches have shied me away in the past.

What ways would you recommend a new player get some practice? I understand the importance of learning your race, build orders, and match ups but I just find it hard to actually put into practice.
Captain Mathias
Level 0

Re: Good ways to practice as a new player?

Postby Captain Mathias » Fri 18 May, 2018 9:12 am

Well i'm not the most experienced player myself, but I would suggest watching some live povs, casts. Start doing lobbys with 'low skill' or 'noob', these games will be alot more enjoyable for all of you. It will be harder to find a match but a 1v1 should be possible and 2v2 in the evenings probably. Add people with the same skill level..
Ayy Eye
Level 2

Re: Good ways to practice as a new player?

Postby Ayy Eye » Fri 18 May, 2018 9:57 am

https://discord.gg/bXqz7kx

We also have this discord for newer players to find games with other newer players and get advice from higher level players.
She/Her gamergirl

Return to “Community General Discussion”