Extracting Elite Mod map files?

Generic non-balance topics.
Kaldor Draigo
Level 0

Extracting Elite Mod map files?

Postby Kaldor Draigo » Fri 06 Apr, 2018 4:22 am

Hello all! Just installed 2.7.1 of the Elite mod and I LOVE the included maps.

Is there anyway for me to take the maps from the mod to play them in vanilla DOW2 or with other mods?

They are wonderfully designed but it seems they are locked and "Elite mod exclusive" any ideas?
Nurland

Re: Extracting Elite Mod map files?

Postby Nurland » Fri 06 Apr, 2018 1:21 pm

I don't think they are locked to elite mod. You can add them to vanilla or other mods. Just need to copy files from folder to folder.

In order for the map to work, all players in the lobby need to have the same map and the same version of it as well.
#noobcodex
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 06 Apr, 2018 5:42 pm

Nurland wrote:I don't think they are locked to elite mod. You can add them to vanilla or other mods. Just need to copy files from folder to folder.

In order for the map to work, all players in the lobby need to have the same map and the same version of it as well.

+1, right on the money.
Kaldor Draigo
Level 0

Postby Kaldor Draigo » Fri 06 Apr, 2018 8:29 pm

Nurland wrote:I don't think they are locked to elite mod. You can add them to vanilla or other mods. Just need to copy files from folder to folder.

What program can I use to accomplish this? I've been trying to use SGA Reader and create my own SGA file with only the map and ui files from "Elite_data.sga" and merge them with the MapsOfWar Packs 1-4 but I've been having issues.

I've gottem them all to list in the map selector but on loading a match the preview image of the minimap is black and so is the background both with a "img." in the corner so I've still been having issues.
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Fri 06 Apr, 2018 9:06 pm

Kaldor Draigo wrote:What program can I use to accomplish this? I've been trying to use SGA Reader and create my own SGA file with only the map and ui files from "Elite_data.sga" and merge them with the MapsOfWar Packs 1-4 but I've been having issues.

Check this guide out https://www.dawnofwar.info/forum/viewto ... =12&t=1748

The map preview images can be found in Data\ui\textures\generic\fe\loading
Kaldor Draigo
Level 0

Postby Kaldor Draigo » Fri 06 Apr, 2018 9:25 pm

Myrdal wrote:
Kaldor Draigo wrote:What program can I use to accomplish this? I've been trying to use SGA Reader and create my own SGA file with only the map and ui files from "Elite_data.sga" and merge them with the MapsOfWar Packs 1-4 but I've been having issues.

Check this guide out https://www.dawnofwar.info/forum/viewto ... =12&t=1748

The map preview images can be found in Data\ui\textures\generic\fe\loading

Yeah I have grabbed those and merged them all into one created .sga the files seem to be there but whenever I attempt to load maps it doesn't seem to work. I'll try the extraction process again and see if I did so in the wrong order.

Return to “Community General Discussion”