Enlarge elite mod playerbase

Generic non-balance topics.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Re: Enlarge elite mod playerbase

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 10:12 am

You can try adding the people that you deem worthwhile (non-abusive, friendly) to your friendslist. That way you get 1v1s much faster as most people tend to not open 1v1 lobbies just like that. Teamgames will always be toxic, no matter which game you play 8-)
crog
Level 2

Postby crog » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 1:40 pm

I think Elite is not made for completely new players. You should gain experience on the retail mod, at least 200 hours.. There you can find easier games and most of them are low skilled.
After that try elite and tell people that you are new, in order that the better ones can help you. Try to help your teamm8 as much as you can, protect your gens with setups and make enough units (before upgrading your hero) and don´t lose them.
Ask your teammates for help or which units you should build to counter smth.

ADD people to your fl, talk to them!
I have got much friends in elite mod, whenever i want to play i can ask people to join.

Just a few thoughts.
TharxGamma
Level 2

Postby TharxGamma » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 5:03 pm

The toxic community is something you can never get rid of, just have to let it go over your head. Find out who they are and ignore. But there is plenty of decent people.
Schepp himself
Level 3

Postby Schepp himself » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 11:13 am

TharxGamma wrote:The toxic community is something you can never get rid of, just have to let it go over your head. Find out who they are and ignore. But there is plenty of decent people.

I concur with the first part: If you moderate a Forum or Discord Channel, the toxicity is ok. If not, it's just not bearable and hinders a productive discussion that ultimately keeps new(er) players in the game.

Greets
Schepp himself
Greets schep himself thingy
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Postby TE | NoSkill » Mon 07 May, 2018 5:03 pm

Content is key to keep people interested and be it 1-2 new skins/unit pictures per patch and a few new abilities
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Mon 07 May, 2018 6:37 pm

Neither is going to work, this game is old, the retail version is a relic mess of bugs and non functioning abilities, inexistent ladder and broken match making which probably makes anyone that tries out the game quit rather quickly since it has no quality control at all and people usually do not look up for mods for pvp balance, most aren't used to them or have no interest to install them to begin with, if you wanted to enlarge the playerbase you would have to launch a massive marketing campaign starting by big money tournaments, which here nobody is willing to put the time,effort or money to organize and market, this game is just dead, with maybe 200 retail players and around 100-150 elite/TLS players, nothing is gonna help it.
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Postby TE | NoSkill » Mon 07 May, 2018 6:53 pm

Well, at least it will keep those people interested longer, that still play :(
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Tue 08 May, 2018 7:06 am

Don't think we have anyone to make skins or potraits right now?
#noobcodex
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Tue 08 May, 2018 8:34 am

Nurland wrote:Don't think we have anyone to make skins or potraits right now?

We can still ask that guy who made all of our GK pics.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 08 May, 2018 8:59 am

Hans Moleman offered to make a portrait
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Tue 08 May, 2018 6:52 pm

I would add some money to a fund if we wanted to bribe Kilgarn into making more portraits. The guy did some amazing work.
Casworon
Level 0

Postby Casworon » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:57 am

What got me to try the mod was two things. Indrid's casts and the Ordo Malleus

As long as Indrid keeps on making casts there should be a trickle of new players. They are really high quality and a joy to watch.

Also i think 40k players are suckers for new races. There is still a huge population of Tau and Necron fans who would probably give the mod a try if Tau or Necrons get added. But this is a TONNE of work for players who might just try the mod once or twice and then not play again.

Maybe also make it easier to find the Discord. I only found the new players discord from lurking these forums. If i hadn't found it I might not be playing a the moment
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Postby TE | NoSkill » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 6:35 pm

Moar skinz are always gud;

Exspecially HH
realmslayer
Level 0

Postby realmslayer » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 10:29 pm

The codex we have really needs to be accurate. One of the ways you get better at rts is reflecting upon your strategy, and it's much harder to do that if you can't find out how much damage anything does.

It would be nice if the codex also had a rundown describing what roles units play and how those roles should be fulfilled.

It would also be cool if there was a race by race series of replays showcasing which units/ abilities work together synergistically.

A discord list would be nice to have.
A list of players organised by skill level would by really sweet. Idk if the software that was used for leagues could be repurposed for this, but it would simultaneously give newer players something to strive for and a way to find other lower skilled opponents.

Last but not least, it would be nice if someone could clean up the language a little bit. As a black dude, the number of racist slurs and tainted memes being used casually in the discord is eggregious. I'm not so offended that I can't buckle down and ignore it, but I can easily see how someone would be.
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Postby TE | NoSkill » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 8:24 pm

Offense is something personal;
Anybody offended can easily not decide to partake in the channels problematic, so what s the problem?
Reineke
Level 1

Postby Reineke » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:28 pm

That's not personal. Some people are acting like assholes on discord. And some channels are the best way to find games. He is not talking about jokes, but racial slurs.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 12:04 am

realmslayer wrote:The codex we have really needs to be accurate. One of the ways you get better at rts is reflecting upon your strategy, and it's much harder to do that if you can't find out how much damage anything does.

It would be nice if the codex also had a rundown describing what roles units play and how those roles should be fulfilled.

It would also be cool if there was a race by race series of replays showcasing which units/ abilities work together synergistically.

A discord list would be nice to have.
A list of players organised by skill level would by really sweet. Idk if the software that was used for leagues could be repurposed for this, but it would simultaneously give newer players something to strive for and a way to find other lower skilled opponents.

Last but not least, it would be nice if someone could clean up the language a little bit. As a black dude, the number of racist slurs and tainted memes being used casually in the discord is eggregious. I'm not so offended that I can't buckle down and ignore it, but I can easily see how someone would be.

Only use Angrathul's channel and don't even bother with others.
https://discord.gg/HqdawGs

In case you see anything close to racial slurs and all that bullshit, screen capture and contact any of the moderators. Problem with other channels is that they are not getting modded properly so stay away from them and find games in Anrathul's channel especially more so if you are new.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 12:09 am

As above.

Also I imagine you are not referencing the new discord that Atlas made? If so, again screenshot, PM one of the moderators and that will be dealt with. Offensive and hostile language won't be tolerated.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 12:10 am

Impregnable wrote:Only use Angrathul's channel and don't even bother with others.
https://discord.gg/HqdawGs

In case you see anything close to racial slurs and all that bullshit, screen capture and contact any of the moderators. Problem with other channels is that they are not getting modded properly so stay away from them and find games in Anrathul's channel especially more so if you are new.

Well there's also the Elite team server. https://discord.gg/s6A2vMH

^ is mostly for seriuz business balance talk, news and bug reports with some looking to play. Still, doesn't hurt to have. You can have as many or as few servers as you want.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 1:08 am

https://discord.gg/nCsdcF Hunter's discord best discord

https://discord.gg/NtEwEe Boss' discord nazi discord

https://discord.gg/DaPrUf Original offical discord dead discord
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
The Paladin
Level 0

Postby The Paladin » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 8:46 am

Postby Reg9678 » Wed 27 Dec, 2017 2:26 pm
In my opinion, atleast some players in this community need to get rid of their toxic language. Yesterday, I was playing a round of 3v3 against Grand Piano, Uncle Waagh and someone else. Especially Piano was being toxic and salty as f***, resulting in this 1v1 after they lost the team game: https://www.dawnofwar.info/esl/match/31859047
Here he continued this behaviour.

While I'm pretty sure most of this is trolling being this toxic surely won't make new players want to stay and learn. These 3 acted like a bunch of twelve year olds, Piano being their boss and the other 2 being his "yes-sayer" and echo. It was a really pathetic display and those are some quite known players with some representation on YouTube. Most likely they would be the same towards new players, maybe directly exclude after mocking them. To be honest, you'd think that such an old game with a very small community would be much more mature and helpful and not worse than in retail.

Sentiment I can agree with whole heartedly. Experienced abuse/ defamation of character at the hands of players like this. https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198324251827/

If he is an example of what awaits new players, I wouldn' t join. The things that specific player said to me showed an uncommon level of filth and lack of manners. Trying to bait me into a match by doing his best to insult/ abuse/ slander me? With reps like HIM running around, you are doomed to fail.
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Postby TE | NoSkill » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 7:38 pm

stubborness can be an advantage...
OceansAteAlaska
Level 2

Postby OceansAteAlaska » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 8:11 pm

Stubbornness and refusing to see reason are two different Things noskill ;)
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Postby TE | NoSkill » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 8:31 pm

OceansAteAlaska wrote:Stubbornness and refusing to see reason are two different Things noskill ;)

That s why I said " can be "
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 8:38 pm

The Paladin wrote:Re: Enlarge elite mod playerbase

I won't lie, the toxicity is really tiring I agree. I understand that it's a small minority but it's still irritating when I see it even if I'm not the target. There's room for some in-good-fun trolling but not for being an ass imo.
Ayy Eye
Level 2

Postby Ayy Eye » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:04 pm

Atlas wrote:
The Paladin wrote:Re: Enlarge elite mod playerbase

I won't lie, the toxicity is really tiring I agree. I understand that it's a small minority but it's still irritating when I see it even if I'm not the target. There's room for some in-good-fun trolling but not for being an ass imo.

It's such a small minority that I don't even see how so many people find it and are immediately offended by someone being a dick on the internet.
She/Her gamergirl
The Paladin
Level 0

Postby The Paladin » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 6:55 am

"It's such a small minority that I don't even see how so many people find it and are immediately offended by someone being a dick on the internet."

I' ve seen spamming. I know what it is and can actually laugh about it too. There is a distinct gap between being a dick...and asking for a lawsuit. This was defamation of character and racial slurs which = libel. It is also very simple, the users that are on there see all this venom/ hate speech/ defamation of character going on in a PUBLIC chat area. anywhere from 30 to over 100 users on at any moment. Whom WOULDN' T see it? The one profile I linked even boasted about "being able to piss me off and there is nothing I could do about it." (Amusing he thinks he is that important.) Individuals like that should be booted out of any group membership. They bring a slur on the whole group. Not to mention the legal implications and blowback from events like that. Having Aliases does not protect people contrary to what they think. It does not make them 'invisible'. It does not make them 'untraceable'. I pity those that think they are 'untouchable'.
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Postby TE | NoSkill » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 2:04 pm

The Paladin wrote:"It's such a small minority that I don't even see how so many people find it and are immediately offended by someone being a dick on the internet."

I' ve seen spamming. I know what it is and can actually laugh about it too. There is a distinct gap between being a dick...and asking for a lawsuit. This was defamation of character and racial slurs which = libel. It is also very simple, the users that are on there see all this venom/ hate speech/ defamation of character going on in a PUBLIC chat area. anywhere from 30 to over 100 users on at any moment. Whom WOULDN' T see it? The one profile I linked even boasted about "being able to piss me off and there is nothing I could do about it." (Amusing he thinks he is that important.) Individuals like that should be booted out of any group membership. They bring a slur on the whole group. Not to mention the legal implications and blowback from events like that. Having Aliases does not protect people contrary to what they think. It does not make them 'invisible'. It does not make them 'untraceable'. I pity those that think they are 'untouchable'.

And were you pissed off a bout him all the time?
The Paladin
Level 0

Postby The Paladin » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 4:06 pm

TE | NoSkill wrote:
The Paladin wrote:"It's such a small minority that I don't even see how so many people find it and are immediately offended by someone being a dick on the internet."

And were you pissed off a bout him all the time?

You missed the entire point. It has to do with the level of filth and hate speech/ defamation issuing from them. It has to do with the level of arrogance and over inflated self importance. No one can justify their behaviour. I would play the most intellectually challenged gamer in the world rather than the most skilled professional with an attitude able to be described as having 'evolved' in the sewer. When you have to start degrading and insulting someone and bringing racial slurs into an issue then you not only lose the argument, but show your lack of culture/ education and upbringing.
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 4:08 pm

soyboy who thinks hes smart
ayy lmao
remove all these fucking posts

Return to “Community General Discussion”