[POLL] Should GK be allowed in 2-2 Tournaments?

Generic non-balance topics.

Should GK be allowed in 2-2 Tournaments?

Poll ended at Mon 06 Nov, 2017 7:38 pm

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 24
Impregnable
Level 4

[POLL] Should GK be allowed in 2-2 Tournaments?

Postby Impregnable » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 8:38 pm

This is a poll regarding whether I should allowing GK to be in 2-2 tournament that I am organizing every month. Some people claim they should be in and others do not agree so let me see which side has more support. You can also post comments below on why you think it should be banned or not banned on 2-2 tournaments.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Vindicarex
Head of Balance

Re: [POLL] Should GK be allowed in 2-2 Tournaments?

Postby Vindicarex » Wed 25 Oct, 2017 2:33 am

Why go to all the trouble of making a mod and adding a new race just to never play them...
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 25 Oct, 2017 6:21 am

Vindicarex wrote:Why go to all the trouble of making a mod and adding a new race just to never play them...

People wonder why it's so hard to balance them, and a big part of it is because we simply don't get replays of them in any serious games.

I really do want to hear which part of the faction is so game breaking now. I didn't even do most of the OM changes this round, but I'm genuinely curious if this is just some knee-jerk or if there's something actually wrong with the balance.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 25 Oct, 2017 9:44 am

@Atlas:

Why don't you tell people the reason Strike Squads seemed massively OP in teamgames? It was precisely what Forest, Freeman and I said from the moment 2.7 was released and having tested their Psybolts upgrade - they were bugged and hence caused WAY more dmg than they were supposed to. I will be blunt (don't take this the wrong way): You refusing to look further into this caused people to ban GK from their lobbies again because everybody could see for themselves that there was something fishy going on with them. It doesn't take much to steamroll from that amount of T1 pressure.

Now that they are fixed in 2.7.1 many might agree to them being played in their lobbies again. It will take time though since this went on for months.

ADDENDUM:

If this poll is for 2.7.1 GK, I vote: Yes.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 25 Oct, 2017 10:07 am

In all fairness most of these votes will be based on 2.7 GK performance, not 2.7.1 since the topic was created on the 7th. Might warrant another poll in a week or so once people are actually used to 2.7.1 gk.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Wed 25 Oct, 2017 11:18 am

I would also say we better give a chance to GK in 2.7.1
They look better now since SS are nerfed . Purifiers are a bit strong atm but nothing to serious i think
Last edited by Rostam on Wed 25 Oct, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 25 Oct, 2017 11:58 am

Well, that is not really true. IF you played GK at the highest level (using all their energy regain stuff and abilities etc.) they become quite micro-intensive. They were brain-dead since you could just amove your range-blob where you want to win.
The least micro-intensive hero is and always will be the one and only:

Return to “Community General Discussion”