Differences in Req Gain?

Generic non-balance topics.
theskyiscool
Level 0

Differences in Req Gain?

Postby theskyiscool » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 9:18 pm

I was playing a 2v2 today and after looking at the scores I noticed that the ammount of req that my teammate and I aquired over the game was different. I am simply looking for a why? I was under the impression that resource gain was the same because the power gain was the same.

Do different races have different minimum req from their bases?

Does going to teir 2, and 3 increase this number?

Just curious.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Re: Differences in Req Gain?

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 9:21 pm

It's because of upkeep. It starts once you're over 30 population and increases the more units you have. A large army will have less req gain and a small army will have higher req gain.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 9:44 pm

Also greatly depends on the faction, each unit/squad leader has different upkeep values.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 3:09 am

Once your population exceeds 30, you begin paying upkeep for every population point over 30. You pay for upkeep starting with the units with the highest upkeep first IIRC. So if I have 40 population and my most upkeep-heavy models are two 5-pop sergeants, I will pay upkeep for those 2 guys. If you browse through the codex you can find upkeep values for units. Remember that having 30 or less pop means no upkeep, so sometimes there is an advantage to buying equipment for units and wargear for your commander first, depending on the circumstance. As nids I can sometimes just get through T1 with my hero and 2 terms/1 horm.

Return to “Community General Discussion”