COH style 'Vehicle focus button'

Generic non-balance topics.
Dog
Level 1

COH style 'Vehicle focus button'

Postby Dog » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 6:14 pm

Like many of you probably know the 'Company of heroes' series are pretty related to DOW II and its gameplay. The vehicle gameplay is amazing with a lot of features like the special button to 'only focus on vehicles' and not firing at anything else. For the people who don't know this feature, it's just a small button next to the abilities of your units wich you activate or not. When you activate the passive ability, the vehicle only focuses and fires on vehicles (or in this case also monstrous creatures) and does not fire on anything else before deactivating it.

I was therefore wondering if the DOW team could include this in the game with the same playstyle as in COH. Maybe this has been asked or discussed before, (i don't know) but i'm still asking it anyway. Maybe this isn't even possible but who knows. I would really like to know if such a thing could be implemented.

Ofcourse there is also the 'hold-fire button' but if you have to press that button everytime you enter an engagement with 5-6 units and have a crucial, close fight this can be really annoying. This especially applies to the 'in and out harassment battles'. Also there are probably the guys who are going to say mehmeh micro better and stuff but hey i'm just asking and this could be a really good quality of life addition.

Thanks for listening.
(This topic was originally placed in the balance discussion but replaced)
Rostam
Level 4

Re: COH style 'Vehicle focus button'

Postby Rostam » Sun 24 Sep, 2017 5:54 am

would be actually nice if they can pull it off
I mean there is "Hold-Fire" but something like this as it is in COH is very useful
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy

Return to “Community General Discussion”