Lack of slaanesh units/upgrades in elite

Generic non-balance topics.
The great Cornholio
Level 2

Lack of slaanesh units/upgrades in elite

Postby The great Cornholio » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 2:49 pm

Trough all the Dawn of war games there has really been a lack of interest in the chaos god slaanesh. so far.. what relic has given use is noise marines. and thats it. no marks. no dedicated hero with worship .

how hard would it be to end this injust discrimination against poor slaanesh and make it possible to upgrade the predator and perhaps the chaos dread with a mark of slaanesh.. make the tank shoot some kind of pink psycho altering drug substance. or the chaos dread with some kind of blastmaster/flamer.
i personally think that slaanesh is way to cool a god to be ignored like this again and again even by games workshop.
if anybody has other interesting ideas and concepts feel free 2 share them.. i know there have also been talks about a true slaanesh hero/subhero.
but so far with little result. perhaps it would be less time comsuming to just make marks on dread and tank.?

for some reason i cant add photos .. so ill just trow in some links

https://imgur.com/a/AOB33

https://imgur.com/a/PtOvr
boss
Level 3

Re: Lack of slaanesh units/upgrades in elite

Postby boss » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 3:32 pm

It really depends what you want these marks to do?

I would not mind giving chaos a subcommand
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 4:07 pm

A Slaaneshi commander model is already out, elite is just not using it. I think making a proper Slaaneshi hero is impossible. There are no way to make an accurate worship for that guy. All other ideas would ruin the game like GK did. So we should be focusing on a sub her. I am thinking about a sub hero that can give drugs to marines for buffs and with side effects.
The great Cornholio
Level 2

Postby The great Cornholio » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 5:18 pm

A Slaaneshi commander model is already out, elite is just not using it. I think making a proper Slaaneshi hero is impossible. There are no way to make an accurate worship for that guy. All other ideas would ruin the game like GK did. So we should be focusing on a sub her. I am thinking about a sub hero that can give drugs to marines for buffs and with side effects.
All you imbeciles can kiss my ass

thats why i was thinking that making mark of slaanesh upgrades on dread or pread would be a more realistic option and prolly more easy to implement.
its not that i think chaos really needs this.. its just that the more options you have in this game there more entertaning it can become.
iam not 100% sure about what a mark of slaanesh dread should be/do.. but some kind of psycho altering pink shit.

perhaps somthing like the nurgle pred with AOE but with a different kind of damage. somthing that slowed down units abit and lowered their damage output. its just a sugestion and i was kinda hoping people would come up with their own ideas to how a slaanesh pred would be since we dont need more OP stuff in this game.

the slaanesh dread could be a bigger version of the noise marine/flamer damage but with a built in cacophony ability.
Shroom
Level 2

Postby Shroom » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 1:38 am

blastmaster dreadnaught... isnt gk plasmacannon dread cancer enough?
Shroom
Level 2

Postby Shroom » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 1:41 am

it might be interesting for a slaanesh predator to do less damage than the others. but apply some sort of speed or damage debuff, or both, maybe suppression on hit with its main gun, then have sonic blasters instead of heavy bolters on the sponsons. also a speed increase.
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 5:39 am

A slanesh dread with flamer/splash would make 0 sense in the chaos meta. It would fill a total of 0 holes in the chaos arsenal.

Let's approach this problem with a more intelligent beginning by asking the question, "what are some stated weaknesses that chaos has that slanesh upgrades could help to cover?"

Well, some stated weaknesses for chaos that I could list would be: paralyzed units while upgrading, inability to deal with sub-commanders in early T2, horrible map control unless bloodletters, raptors, or KCSM are in the build, weak hero based AV, weak to medium strength secondary buffing/debuffing

Now let's take this question and apply to your specific unit suggestions, IE, the pred and the dread.

Why does the Chaos dread get purchased?

-insta upgrade into Khorne to bully hard melee targets, draw huge aggro, and force hard decisions or hard commitment to AV
-use as splash damage ranged bully with intent to upgrade into Tzeentch once a vehicle has been scouted

So what do we have here with the dread that doesn't fill gaps in the list of chaos weaknesses? The dread does not provide great map control (like the AC dread), though it can open up a lot of space to cap. It's not ideal for dealing with sub-commanders and the Tdread can do some debuffing. I feel like there is a slight case to be made for a Slanesh variant that provided a much stronger emphasis on buff/debuff, but still remained a useful entity on it's own.

Perhaps a weapon disabling (or heavy debuff) activatable ability (allows it to be countered with kiting or energy drain) that works on infantry and vehicles. Obviously the dread would still need a claw, and I envision the weapon being some sort of weaker damage but higher range pink melta beam.
A different kind of ability that I could see being very interesting and useful would be the proposed Sdread having an AOE activated effect where it plays some kind of sultry chaos music (lol) that causes units in the buff area to move faster and have slightly lower cooldowns. Enemies in the AOE will also get the move speed bonus, but will not be able to use abilities. (This would be a powerful buff for chaos, and thus in this scenario, the dread would not be a very capable fighter on its own)

Why does the Pred get purchased?

-best all around T3 expenditure
-incredibly versitile upgrade set; anti-commander (khorne), anti-vehicle (tzeentch), anti-blob or light infantry (nurgle). Meanwhile, all of these upgrades will work decently well against HI and SHI targets.
-not sure what to get, you believe yourself to be setting the T3 pace because your opponent has shown no T3 purchases

I just don't see there being any room for a Slanesh variant here. The chaos pred can be used as a stop gap in a lot of situations so long as you still have some army left. Only thing I can think of is to make it give the pred an artillery cannon, and that's essentially giving chaos a fire prism. Not sure I'm a huge fan of more fire prisms in this game.

Anyway, I'm interested to see what your thoughts would be using this approach.
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 4:18 pm

Slaaneshi Dread with a huge Sonic Blaster that disables ranged weaponry for infantry and vehicles and does good DoT to all targets from close range, with a fast power bash. Has a "Dark Symphony" AoE buff that increases movement speed of surrounding allied units (must be channelled for a few seconds before going off).

Slaaneshi sub-commander (or Hero) would be cool as a glass cannon duelist that is great at taking out single high value targets with some movement based buffs. Could even give him Lash of Submission/Lash of Slaanesh to mess up other heroes/sub-comms.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:17 pm

What if Snaaleshi Preds big cannon does knockback on hit?
The great Cornholio
Level 2

Postby The great Cornholio » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 12:10 am

Let's approach this problem with a more intelligent beginning by asking the question, "what are some stated weaknesses that chaos has that slanesh upgrades could help to cover?"

I hear what you are saying.. but isent the whole point in this game that every faction has some kind of weakness that you need to overcome by playing and learning the race well.?

i just see it hard to defend a new slaanesh dread of pred in the name of balance. it was more an idea to future improve upon the game and keeping it "freesh" with new unit/abilies without introducing somthing that is just stupid OP.

if we actually wanted 2 improve chaos map controll we should prolly let chaos get Slaneesh Deamonets in t2 with some fast speed abilities. but again.. that requires somebody to make new models..

Slaaneshi Dread with a huge Sonic Blaster that disables ranged weaponry for infantry and vehicles and does good DoT to all targets from close range, with a fast power bash. Has a "Dark Symphony" AoE buff that increases movement speed of surrounding allied units (must be channelled for a few seconds before going off).

interesting idea.. but also perhaps a big to strong :) But again .. i like the speed idea..

Return to “Community General Discussion”