New game mode and last stand.

Generic non-balance topics.
Black Relic
Level 4

New game mode and last stand.

Postby Black Relic » Sun 02 Jul, 2017 5:54 am

In my mod True40K mod i might want to try and mod the last stand and add new wargear and maybe try to add a new snow map???? (although it won't have gates since idk how to make that work tbh).

But if you have any idea for some wargear for a hero post it down below.

I also want to make a game mode that is JUST for fun but i want to see if people would actually want to play this thing. It s something i played as a kid when Warcraft frozen throne was huge. I forgot what the mod was called but i was like this. It was a simple Annihilation (although i will put the option for VPs too) where each player gets their HQ and a few buildings next to the HQ. And the other buildings there will be upgrades. And these upgrades are purchased with red. WHat the upgrades will do is allow the HQ to automatically spawn in a single model constantly. Like you purchase one upgrade that makes the HQ spawn a tactical marine every 15 seconds or a hormagaunt model every 5 seconds or a tank every 60 seconds. There were will be buildings you can cap to purchase (with red) additional heros. If you like the idea i might give it a shot :)

Anyway if you have any Last stand ideas for wargear give it a shot. Like I might make a Terminator armor piece for the Captain and try to get that to work.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
crog
Level 2

Re: New game mode and last stand.

Postby crog » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 11:14 am

Footmen Frenzy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2JCZe25L-g

It was one of the most played custom games on wc3 tft.

I would love to have something similar in dow2.
It shouldnt be that hard to do or?

Take the heros from last stand emerald. If you want to do this i can give you some advices.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Fri 07 Jul, 2017 1:18 am

Yea thats the mini game i want to make. And it is possible and I would make a real simple map with no cover since the whole game mode was about money management and army control. But i dont remember alot about the game mode. Like upgrades and stuff.

http://frenzy.wikia.com/wiki/Footmen_Frenzy_Guide

Using this to kinda get an idea of the game again because it's been soo long and i played it when i was like 10.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
crog
Level 2

Postby crog » Wed 19 Jul, 2017 3:54 pm

how is it going?
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sun 24 Sep, 2017 6:07 am

good mod,also good ideas
not many players unfortunately
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy

Return to “Community General Discussion”