Ideas for 2.7.1 (Feedback from 2.7.0 )

Generic non-balance topics.
Rostam
Level 4

Ideas for 2.7.1 (Feedback from 2.7.0 )

Postby Rostam » Sun 14 May, 2017 5:35 am

I thought it would be good if we could discuss 2.7.0 and give some ideas about how 2.7.1 could be better
also atlas has asked about 2.7.0 feedback so he can make 2.7.1 (Next patch) better
How do u think the changes would be better from your experience in the recent patch?

U can see 2.7.0 changes here in this topic to follow
Elite 2.7 Released
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Rostam
Level 4

Re: Ideas for 2.7.1 (Feedback from 2.7.0 )

Postby Rostam » Sun 14 May, 2017 5:42 am

For the First one I can think of this

Nids:
Warrior's AV (Electro shock Grub) is a very nice idea but the snare effect is too long (atm it is 15 seconds) mb something like 10 seconds would be better

GK:
I think they need a more suitable detector rather than operatives . operatives are good in 1v1 but less effective in team games . so i suggest to give back the detection to storm trooper Sergent (or make it an upgrade for strike squad or ST if u thing it is too good)
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Sun 14 May, 2017 5:46 am

How does everyone feel about the GK strike squads being forced to choose between a melee upgrade path and a ranged upgrade path?

From my vast experience of playing about 5 games with them I think it is a nerf, since the ranged upgrade offers a whopping 40% ranged dmg increase and the potential for an anti-all psycannon, while the melee upgrade path makes them a mediocre melee unit that doesn't have much killing potential but only anti-melee control (from their special attack and slow ability).
evilmario5
Level 2

Postby evilmario5 » Sun 14 May, 2017 3:23 pm

As one who mains OM(gk) i think of the strike changes as great there not so much a Nerf really, that and there was a bug reguarding having both Nemesis Fous and psylieners where the psylieners wern't there on the squad(fixed 2.7.0) i quite like all patch notes in the 2.7.0 preview and have given altas some more ideas he could use, and to all those who would likely reply that they should just be removed, i hope you get hit with Soul Blaze.
yes I play gk/om a bit no hate plz
Thibix Magnus
Level 2

Postby Thibix Magnus » Sat 27 May, 2017 7:09 pm

as a farseer main who doesn't play these days, for what's worth :)

was the x2 xp from reviving allies given by spirit stones generally felt as too strong in team games, making her leveling too fast ? I found the mechanic interesting. The heal doesn't scale with level (iirc) and loses effectiveness in the late game hell of team games, but this fact was compensated by the revive perk and was quite a unique strategy for a hero to focus on quickly leveling and expanding your energy pool. The downside of course is that incentive to lose heroes that doesn't make sense, but it's more a general game issue that has been noted elsewhere.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Sat 27 May, 2017 11:13 pm

Change the hotkey of Vanguard Veteran's Merciless Strike to R to line up with ASM's, as it's currently W. ASM used more often for obvious reasons build up a muscle memory of "press R to beat the shit out of people". Also, any chance of changing the cast so that instead of needing to first click on a location and then a direction, that you'd only need to click on the direction alone based on the squad? I thought it was redundant, and doesn't work as well since the location is based on the squad, not the model who's gonna use the ability.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 5:45 am

Merciless on "R" would be good but the thing is "R" is for reinforcing
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 7:36 am

He is talking about grid keys where reinforce is z

Never felt that Spirit Stones lacked scaling. The 200 or so hp aoe heal is pretty massive for eldar since it heals most stuff automatically to full hp.
#noobcodex

Return to “Community General Discussion”