Hard to start Elite Mod - Bad Mannered players

Generic non-balance topics.
ScyPirate
Level 0

Hard to start Elite Mod - Bad Mannered players

Postby ScyPirate » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 1:47 pm

Hello guys

I'm struggling to start Elite MOD... I either host my own games saying I am a beginner or I join games which say "all welcome" and not the 60+ games etc.

I played today and I have players in my team who have over 1700 hours on my team who are just not understanding when I make mistakes, they swear and moan. I told this particular person that if I he continues moaning, I will leave. He told me to just go, so I did.

I can't understand why people are such d***s when people who are trying to learn the game are in their team, makes me want to not try to learn the game...

Rant over.

What do you suggest I do? Are there any experienced players who don't mind having people in their team who are GOING TO make mistakes.

Thanks
Impregnable
Level 4

Re: Hard to start Elite Mod - Bad Mannered players

Postby Impregnable » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 2:06 pm

Please read this guide. It helps a lot.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =703434045

Not much you can do about bad mannered ones. Best is to host your own rooms.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
fe_
Level 2

Postby fe_ » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 2:13 pm

1v1s, lot's of 1v1s. That's how I solved that problem a year ago. I still suck hard in teamgames though.
Also, check this out https://discord.gg/fxyds. Not much, but that's all we have.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 3:35 pm

There are some rotten apples. Community is small enough so we now who they are. Avoid playing with them.
Best way to learn the game is in 1v1's.You learn the matchups and you only have yourself to rely on.
It's easier to implement the things you learn from 1v1 in teamgames than the other way around.
ScyPirate
Level 0

Postby ScyPirate » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 4:28 pm

Thanks for the responses guys!
Lesten
Level 2

Postby Lesten » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 8:36 pm

I know the feeling, and I'm afraid it might not get better with experience. I've played this game for a very long time but lately I feel even more players than usual are rude and insulting to me and others.
I'm a mid level player and whenever I play DoW2 I'm just hoping for a few fun games, but almost every time there's someone raging or calling me a noob whenever I make a mistake (sometimes even when I don't make a mistake). It's getting pretty tiresome and really sucks all the fun out of the game. And you can't really just avoid these players, there are A LOT of them and the community is so small you can't be choosy with who you play with.

Sorry I can't give any more cheerful advice. Never make any mistakes, I guess? Or play 1v1 maybe, but that's not for everyone and I personally don't like playing it. So I'm sticking with team games, hoping for the rare fun game and trying to ignore the insults.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 8:56 pm

It's the basic nature of team games where you're playing with strangers instead of known friends. Since apart from skill it's also a bit of luck involved in what teammates you get, it's easy for one to get irritated at a game lost due to no fault of one's own. Due to that, BM is inevitable. It's not just with DoW2, it happens with most if not all games involving team play in a PvP environment. There's a reason why not many people ever speak highly of pub games in any game. In a sense, a player is trusting that out of the five other players in a game, they're all of a skill level similar enough to avoid a ten minute game, which statistically speaking is pretty damn rare.

Best alternatives are to either stick to 1v1 where there's not risk of this, or play 2v2/3v3 when you have friends available that can even coach you.
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 5:54 am

Tbf since elite is dying games get mixed up in skill which isnt gud because that makes balanced games unpredictable. The last few days i allowed Low players to be in my Team and having a gud m8 didnt helped because that one guy i let play loses everything as predicted and then im raging cause i got the 3-4 lose in a Row. I guess you are a midplayer but, expect the hate anyways as i always do When im playing with gud guys. Also ppl try to make it ,,balanced" and say they are better as others would Think, which isnt most times the case, knowing wut the oppesite side has on players and skill. So make midgames then or try to Add as many ppl with same skill level is the only advice that i can give. So gud luck.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 1:07 pm

ScyPirate wrote:Hello guys

I'm struggling to start Elite MOD... I either host my own games saying I am a beginner or I join games which say "all welcome" and not the 60+ games etc.

I played today and I have players in my team who have over 1700 hours on my team who are just not understanding when I make mistakes, they swear and moan. I told this particular person that if I he continues moaning, I will leave. He told me to just go, so I did.

I can't understand why people are such d***s when people who are trying to learn the game are in their team, makes me want to not try to learn the game...

Rant over.

What do you suggest I do? Are there any experienced players who don't mind having people in their team who are GOING TO make mistakes.

Thanks

1-) It is '' all welcome ''. Low level players can play just like high level players can. That is why I didn't ask for a change in my team.

2-) I know Ravaner is a hard hero to play against, and I know that everyone can loose their starting units in the first fight no matter who they are. But, you must accept your own mistakes. If the Ravaner tunnel is in front of you, you shoot it down. It is very simple. But insted, you pass it and let the enemy nids come out. THAT, is a mistake and causes us to loose our top line. I warned you to shoot it down but you didn't, and you saw the reason why you should have destroyed it after all the nids came out right? But what did you do? You called it '' moan ''.

You may try to hide your own faults by calling you a begginner, even you were over lvl 20 and no begginner, but after some point you have to accept your own mistakes.
Lesten
Level 2

Postby Lesten » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 3:28 pm

egewithin wrote:You may try to hide your own faults by calling you a begginner, even you were over lvl 20 and no begginner, but after some point you have to accept your own mistakes.
He didn't say he didn't make mistakes nor that he didn't accept it, he just said that he didn't want to be berated for it. And level 20 could probably be considered a beginner, especially if his opponents have 1700+ hours. And it's pretty hard to keep track of everything and easy to miss a chat message when there's a lot going on.

Then there's a difference between constructive criticism and just pointing out people's mistakes and being rude about it. Don't know how it was in your particular case, but I'm just talking generally here. I had a game recently where my teammates just said "you're messing up", "you're too slow" - that's not very helpful and when I pointed it out they just said "it's the truth and not an insult" (I'm paraphrasing), which is even less helpful and just rude.

Psycho wrote:It's the basic nature of team games where you're playing with strangers instead of known friends.
I disagree, and even if it happens in other games doesn't make it acceptable or less annoying. And perhaps we could strive to be better in a small community such as this? The least people could do is try to be friendly when giving criticism to other players. Otherwise, maybe don't say anything at all? I also get annoyed sometimes when playing, but I don't see a reason to take it out on others.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:12 pm

Lesten wrote:I disagree, and even if it happens in other games doesn't make it acceptable or less annoying. And perhaps we could strive to be better in a small community such as this? The least people could do is try to be friendly when giving criticism to other players. Otherwise, maybe don't say anything at all? I also get annoyed sometimes when playing, but I don't see a reason to take it out on others.

Wishful thinking won't change the fact that it's been happening ever since team games with random people existed. At this point it's part of some games' culture, like some MOBAs.
Lesten
Level 2

Postby Lesten » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:37 pm

Psycho wrote:Wishful thinking won't change the fact that it's been happening ever since team games with random people existed. At this point it's part of some games' culture, like some MOBAs.
"People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox (Scrubs)

All I'm saying is: try not to be a dick. It's surprisingly easy. And again, just because something is prevalent doesn't mean we should have to accept it as right or that there's no point in trying to change things for the better.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 5:38 pm

Lesten wrote:And again, just because something is prevalent doesn't mean we should have to accept it as right or that there's no point in trying to change things for the better.

Trying to improve things while accepting that eventually you'll have BMs thrown at you and preparing for such case isn't mutually exclusive, which is the point I probably haven't communicated too well. Same concept as preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Otherwise, the BM will just hit you harder.
Lesten
Level 2

Postby Lesten » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 7:59 pm

Psycho wrote:Trying to improve things while accepting that eventually you'll have BMs thrown at you and preparing for such case isn't mutually exclusive, which is the point I probably haven't communicated too well. Same concept as preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Otherwise, the BM will just hit you harder.
Yeah, that's probably a good way of looking at it :) Didn't mean to disparage what you said, just wanted to clarify my point of view.
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Fri 07 Apr, 2017 3:10 pm

fuck da haters man. there are some bad apples for sure.

i have had a guy follow me around just to troll me.

he said to me once, "when your on my team we always lose, but when your on the other team you always win...YOU SUCK"

thats when i realized how funny this guy was and i just had to laugh it off.
Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718

Return to “Community General Discussion”