Discussing about a possible random testing stream.

Generic non-balance topics.
Atlas

Discussing about a possible random testing stream.

Postby Atlas » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 7:06 pm

o/ guys!

So, 2.6.1 is right around the corner, and that means that I'll basically move right into coding up 2.7 from there.

2.7 has more substantial decisions to make though, such as nids av and other stuff. I was wondering if you guys were curious about some possible change or another that you would like to see in action and I would quickly code it up and stream it for you to see.

Keep in mind that just because I code it up doesn't mean that it's going to be an actual change. This is more for curiosity/hypothetical changes.

Atm, the only real thing I personally want to test is Shee leap/charge and how we might be able to tweak it a bit. There's been proponents on both sides and I'd like to just show changes in action to make a more informed decision.

Is there anything else you'd like to see? I'm looking for answers like "What if we gave the PF FC a melta pistol?" and stuff like that. Go nuts, and I'll collect a list and put a stream together about it soon enough.
Aguxyz
Level 3

Re: Discussing about a possible random testing stream.

Postby Aguxyz » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 9:19 pm

give back diomede's portrait and voice instead of Gabriel
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Shroom
Level 2

Postby Shroom » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 10:15 pm

Aguxyz wrote:give back diomede's portrait and voice instead of Gabriel

NO
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 10:18 pm

I kinda have to agree with that.

Edit:
Shroom wrote:NO

FIGHT!
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Blood Dragon
Level 1

Postby Blood Dragon » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 10:52 pm

Absolutely agree gabriels voice sounds so shitty and pathetic, at least give choice between voices. it's literally impossible to play fc with gabriels voice.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 11:43 pm

Ok wow, was not expecting that suggestion :P The portrait change should be easy enough, but will probably have to tinker a bit to get the voice lines right.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 11:45 pm

Atlas wrote:Ok wow, was not expecting that suggestion :P The portrait change should be easy enough, but will probably have to tinker a bit to get the voice lines right.

DON'T FUCKING DO IT
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 12:09 am

Make a Blood Ravens Elite scheme. And the Fc for them will be gabriel!!

If you want i can do it! There are some armors in the game that should easily help with the Scheme. No need for new models for the armor.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Shroom
Level 2

Postby Shroom » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 12:12 am

you already got veterans of aestas though
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 4:40 am

The problem with replacing the Gabriel voice lines with Diomedes is that the Brother Captain already uses them - one possible way to deal with this would be to remove the GK from the game. Just a suggestion.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 5:25 am

Oddnerd wrote:The problem with replacing the Gabriel voice lines with Diomedes is that the Brother Captain already uses them - one possible way to deal with this would be to remove the GK from the game. Just a suggestion.

Or we could just give OM the Gabriel lines like before? It would be kind of interesting in the way that OM would be the whole cool-sounding older brother whereas SM would be the "U HAVE CAPTIN DIOUHMEHDES!" spaz little brother :P
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 8:09 am

Is there anything that prevents you (copyright wise) from using Vannilla DOW2's Gab as a replacement for dio? the tone is slightly different. A couple of shuffling between the lines and presto, you have a different and not retarded sounding FC.

Unless there's an Alfa Legion operative within the team...
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 8:32 am

Frankly, I'm just more surprised this discussion went towards voice lines and portraits rather than actual gameplay changes :X

Idk is the short answer, I imagine if we could use the Angelos lines we could probably use the Hairgel lines.
Blood Dragon
Level 1

Postby Blood Dragon » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 6:39 pm

Give gabriels pathetic voicelines to bc and return fc old Diomedes voicelines.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 7:25 pm

Shroom wrote:you already got veterans of aestas though

But thats shit...
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 7:29 pm

Ban whoever suggests such filth

Also move sternguard to T3 and buff their dps/range? They're pretty meh when tacs already have good I/HI damage and can get missile launchers for just 10 more power if AV is needed, or flamer/plasma without damage reduction with model loss since it's one single model with the weapon.
_4ut_
Level 2

Postby _4ut_ » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 10:30 pm

CPM overtime damage back to hewy, or powermile. Mile damage it's ridiculous. CPM now slow and (not sou) fat khorn csm, which minor ability.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 11:23 pm

Make special attacks do the same damage type as their normal attack :p
Shroom
Level 2

Postby Shroom » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 9:10 am

remove tracking special from deff dread
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 6:36 pm

Son of Malice wrote:Give gabriels pathetic voicelines to bc and return fc old Diomedes voicelines.

Dis +1

Black Relic wrote:Make a Blood Ravens Elite scheme. And the Fc for them will be gabriel!!

If you want i can do it! There are some armors in the game that should easily help with the Scheme. No need for new models for the armor.

Dis +1

And I have some serious problems with IST. Their grenades and their barrage are impossible to dodge. Literally impossible. Can you make barrage as fast as Heretic barrage and grenade speed same with Scout grenades?
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 7:27 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you've misunderstood what I'm saying here. I've been talking about what is essentially a research stream. A lot of what I'm hearing here is mostly cosmetic. There's really nothing to "test" there.

egewithin wrote:And I have some serious problems with IST. Their grenades and their barrage are impossible to dodge. Literally impossible. Can you make barrage as fast as Heretic barrage and grenade speed same with Scout grenades?

The 2.6.1 GL barrage is basically the exact same as the tic barrage, and the patch has only fixed the regular attack. But sure, I can add a timer to the IST nades.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 6:24 am

Can you add an invulnerable action to the assault marine sergeant when he is performing merciless strike? One where he does still take damage but doesn't die when trying to perform the ability. Too often have or lost ASm due to merciless strike not going off because the squad stands still when the serg is using the ability to have the serg die, the ability never going off then the ASM standing around licking each other balls and after a second then notices their getting a power blade shoved up their ass killing them.

So please add invul action to ASM serg please. He can die after he gets the ability off. But let him get the ability off.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 1:30 pm

Black Relic wrote:Can you add an invulnerable action to the assault marine sergeant when he is performing merciless strike? One where he does still take damage but doesn't die when trying to perform the ability. Too often have or lost ASm due to merciless strike not going off because the squad stands still when the serg is using the ability to have the serg die, the ability never going off then the ASM standing around licking each other balls and after a second then notices their getting a power blade shoved up their ass killing them.

So please add invul action to ASM serg please. He can die after he gets the ability off. But let him get the ability off.

I like this idea. +1
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 5:48 pm

Can we have the Emperors Children Elite skin? I heard that you have one of those.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 9:45 pm

giving the swarmlord Synapse Backlash always found it odd that the swarmlord never had synapse backlash also I no I ask this of you but try and find a way to stop the setup team crew from running at the thing they shoot at, their something that stop Scouts with their bolter to stop moving maybe use this on set up teams
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Shroom
Level 2

Postby Shroom » Sat 01 Apr, 2017 4:21 am

Is this test stream still a thing or is the idea dead now?

1. Remove GK. (To have fully functioning character selection screen)

2. Revert Dire Avengers back to Guardians. (DA models looks pretty meh imo, and selecting DA's only for them to say "guardians ready!" or w/e even more meh. What was the initial reasoning to change guardians to Dire Avengers anyway?)

3. Revert FC back to the retail FC model, only replace Diomedes buttface with Gabriel's head. (Elite FC with that bionic eye and disgustingly meshed cape looks bad.)

4. Change Banshee Exarch back to the helmet-less version. (exarch without helm was one of the better models relic was able to make imo, while the meshes on the helmet's head make me want to puke whenever I look at it.)
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 01 Apr, 2017 4:47 am

Shroom wrote:Is this test stream still a thing or is the idea dead now?

1. Remove GK. (To have fully functioning character selection screen)

2. Revert Dire Avengers back to Guardians. (DA models looks pretty meh imo, and selecting DA's only for them to say "guardians ready!" or w/e even more meh. What was the initial reasoning to change guardians to Dire Avengers anyway?)

3. Revert FC back to the retail FC model, only replace Diomedes buttface with Gabriel's head. (Elite FC with that bionic eye and disgustingly meshed cape looks bad.)

4. Change Banshee Exarch back to the helmet-less version. (exarch without helm was one of the better models relic was able to make imo, while the meshes on the helmet's head make me want to puke whenever I look at it.)

This is a pretty textbook example of my earlier point. You people seem to have completely missed the point or just did not really understand the original post :P

A vast majority of the suggestions that came in here are simply cosmetic. There's nothing that actually needs to be tested there, unless you're asking me to verify if it would work in-game. I think we all know the answer to this. What I was talking about researching was actual balance changes. Ones that might even be very radical. Since 2.7 is coming up, I was wondering if anybody just wanted to see if maybe their pet balance suggestion would not be that crazy in-game.

I can still put up a stream with the stuff here, but it's just going to be a very short one.
Shroom
Level 2

Postby Shroom » Sat 01 Apr, 2017 4:54 am

Atlas wrote:actual balance changes.

Surely removing GK is a balance change?

[The extension png has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Sat 01 Apr, 2017 6:33 am

How to make Elite Mod great again:

1 - Remove GK

2 - Remove Offensive Commanders

3 - Remove Garrisons
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 01 Apr, 2017 8:20 am

Shroom wrote:
Atlas wrote:actual balance changes.

Surely removing GK is a balance change?
gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

Shroom wrote:1. Remove GK. (To have fully functioning character selection screen)

Was not the reason you wrote though :P

So yeah, I guess I'll call it there.

Return to “Community General Discussion”