Elite Community: Roll20 Dark Heresy, Black Crusade or Rogue Trader

Generic non-balance topics.
Marutectz
Level 1

Elite Community: Roll20 Dark Heresy, Black Crusade or Rogue Trader

Postby Marutectz » Thu 23 Feb, 2017 5:30 am

So here's the simple gist of it: Anyone on Elite, high tier or whoever wants to go onto Roll20.com to form a weekly, or Bi-weekly pending on time considerations to do a community campaign for the fun of it. Just a thought if anyone's interested, or whoever wants GM it as a live stream event and what not. Figured to ask for thoughts on time, campaign purpose or have a good old laughing time around 6pm EST for a 2 to 2 hour game session to start on Fridays, or days that people can meet up on via Skype/Team Speak etc.

Personally I'd love to a Black Crusade table top fun time with people considering to take a shot at it, also as for GM considerations: I wouldn't mind if tournament organizers would narrate or guide would be players into hell itself. And yes I know, it's been a while since I posted or made my presence known on this forum: so let's figure out if anyone's up for that little get together.
To Die in the Death Korps, is to Atone for Sins our forefathers have committed against the Emperor. To Die is to Live.

Dawn of War Eternal Crusade Referral Code: EC-54OK8W9O12HQL
Atlas

Re: Elite Community: Roll20 Dark Heresy, Black Crusade or Rogue Trader

Postby Atlas » Thu 23 Feb, 2017 7:54 am

I would actually be super interested, even if I've never played any of the games. My best friend started organizing DnD games but is notoriously bad at keeping a schedule, so this sounds like something that would scratch that itch!
Marutectz
Level 1

Postby Marutectz » Thu 23 Feb, 2017 8:52 am

I barely know how to use Roll20 as it is Atlas, I'm hoping one of the voices of Elite could narrate a campaign and basically throw the might of insanity which is 40K into our faces. But it's nice to see a response so quickly, hopefully others chime in and eventually we start planning something. Right now I'm just testing the waters, on that note I'd say between Dark Heresy as a lackey of the Inquisition) or being heretical fleshy traitors that is Black Crusade, I'd say going for a Crusade against the Imperium sounds like an eerie fun time.

If you could pass the word along Atlas, I'd say hopefully, we'd have an Elite-player based DnD weekly stream where the entire community just starts taking bets whose gonna stab who in the back first. :twisted:
To Die in the Death Korps, is to Atone for Sins our forefathers have committed against the Emperor. To Die is to Live.

MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Thu 23 Feb, 2017 11:48 am

Sounds interesting to say the least, but im prolly not really qualified, cause my english aint on par I'd say. Meaning I'd prolly suck with all them PnP rules - there are rules right?

But if someone would do a stream about that, I'd watch it and if it's good I'd prolly give it a shot nonetheless.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Marutectz
Level 1

Postby Marutectz » Thu 23 Feb, 2017 12:45 pm

Max if I can play with a Greek, a questionable French national and a southern hick who have various English speaking 'accent's together on a Black Crusade then I'm fairly certain you'll be alright. Hell you, I and Yarrick all understood one another when we're playing on a stream and that's even when we were yelling for no damned reason.

Still, I wouldn't put it past you in being some Chaos Space Marine and possibly ripping a man's spine out his back, so yeah it'd be interest nonetheless if we could get Indrid to narrate said game!

MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Thu 23 Feb, 2017 12:56 pm

Okay so how does it work, what do we need (apart from players, obivously), when do we start and who else wants to play?
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
viggih
Level 2

Postby viggih » Thu 23 Feb, 2017 5:53 pm

As a Dark Heresy GM, I would love to take part in this, as either player or GM

I only have a passing familiarity with Roll20 but my knowledge of the RPG systems is par excellence (if you will pardon french)
Marutectz
Level 1

Postby Marutectz » Fri 24 Feb, 2017 12:08 am

This is all in a preliminary stage for planning, as Max you said what do we need to do? First off, download the Black Crusade, Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader Rule books on in its .pdf format. Fortunately I have all the tomes downloaded including a GM masters kit, I could hypothetically send it over via skype or even post it on some site to have others download it, it's not even a big file size so it should be relatively easy. Next would be for everyone to sign up for Roll20, it's free and you only pay for the more 'premium' toys (functions) on the Interface for itself yet even as a free member you can do a lot of fun stuff ranging from backdrops to musics and adding sound effects in making any player feel immersed into whatever world they go. And I'd say the hardest part for any player is just creating characters.

Lots of information through the gamebook itself will make the campaign (through the GM) a tough management. Trying to plot out narratives, goals and what not in 40K is to me personally a huge challenge as you'll face inevitable questions of what the end is, how do players arrive into it, plotting scenarios if the players get themselves into it and what not. So if anyone, Viggiah or etc want to GM, I'd highly recommend you go onto Roll20 and sign up to use the tutorial which explains so much and then you begin to realize doing an awesome Black Crusade, or any 40K style RPG has so much potential with people who are junkies for lore and what not. Truth be told I'll be reading into creating a prologue before the real story-line/narrative takes place so that if we do stream it, everyone understands and gets to know the characters through the players. I'll say this now and always, doing this kind of game will be fun as shit yet it'll be tedious to plan out.

In hindsight it's just whoever is GM of this potential game, they're going to have their work cut out when it's more then likely every player is well adverse in 40K's lore as a whole, so it'd be provide an ample opportunity for an intensive experience that I've been craving to see in games that always come up as lack luster.

Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 24 Feb, 2017 12:08 am

MaxPower wrote:Okay so how does it work, what do we need (apart from players, obivously), when do we start and who else wants to play?

I spent a bit of time on Roll20 now (turns out I had an account back in '13 of all years!) and it basically boils down to just having the rulebook of w/e game we pick and making a character. I'm pretty sure the DM handles the rest.

As far as lore, I really don't care. I have a passing knowledge of the basics, but I'm no lorefag and I'll roll with almost anything.
Marutectz
Level 1

Postby Marutectz » Fri 24 Feb, 2017 12:38 am

It's always a lot more fun when a person whose is GM/DM game is also a lore junkie, but thankfully I tend to overthink things too much, it's not extremely difficult but I always love it when a game exceeds what's initially thought. The more who express interest in it and the more likely heads are put together to formulate an intensive plot line with the character's doing whatever which makes 40K absolutely entertaining for those watching and playing alike, but nonetheless it's pretty much straightforward.

viggih
Level 2

Postby viggih » Fri 24 Feb, 2017 6:46 pm

Emperor's sweaty ballsack, I just checked out Roll20 and boy howdy does it have a ton of potential. Character sheets are built into the framework and so much can be prepared beforehand. It's kinda nuts.

I will say that I have a preference for Dark Heresy 2nd ed. and would like to use my familiarity with that system to run a smooth campaign.
SlashTreecko
Level 0

Postby SlashTreecko » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 12:26 am

Honestly it sounds like a great idea and could be a lot of fun and I'd love to participate if I could. Preferably as a player instead of a GM since I don't think I have the knack for such a thing, if we're all serious about it though it'd be awesome and I'd be wiling to try and help however I can.
viggih
Level 2

Postby viggih » Tue 09 May, 2017 7:46 pm

So I went ahead and made a Dark Heresy campaign. If anyone wants to watch it here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9mp128vAF8&t=1071s

it has two episodes so far with more on the way :D
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 09 May, 2017 9:42 pm

Why didn't you tell me? I just spent last Sinday playing Pathfinder on roll20 with some rl bros.
viggih
Level 2

Postby viggih » Wed 10 May, 2017 7:00 pm

Well, I was asked by the owner of the channel if I wanted to GM and she already had some people lined up. Sorry.

Return to “Community General Discussion”