Sub-commander for IG?Eversor Assassin? this is a suggestion . what u think?

Generic non-balance topics.
Rostam
Level 4

Sub-commander for IG?Eversor Assassin? this is a suggestion . what u think?

Postby Rostam » Mon 13 Feb, 2017 8:02 pm

Imperial Guard don't have a sub-commander . may be making a new unit for them such as an eversor-assassin would do some good
what do u think? would caeltos and the others be up to this idea may be?
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Swift

Re: Sub-commander for IG?Eversor Assassin? this is a suggestion . what u think?

Postby Swift » Mon 13 Feb, 2017 8:32 pm

One was planned as a hero for OM but I don't know what happened with that.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Mon 13 Feb, 2017 8:38 pm

I would love to see a sub commander for ig and many more new units for each race but with the way balance is atm their no way for any new stuff their is still om to be balance when they become playable they alone will take 4 or more patch's to sort them out so adding in new stuff will just make life harder
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 2:10 am

Added a sub commander for IG in my mod that imo doesn't completely destroy game balance.

It was a Tank Commander that when he entered a vehicle the vehicles fire rate increased and well as a very small bonus to speed (0.15 bonus speed). Those bonuses went up as the Sub commander got levels. But we was very easy to sniper being 400 hp at level one and was killed when a vehicle he was in was destroyed if he didn't get out in time.

Initially i wanted him to decreased ability CD (for sent stomp and manticore) but then i saw sentinel doing actually really well and turning into a cheap t3 AV option when he was around in the sent.

As for the Manticore when ever he is inside he cloaked the manticore after 10 seconds of it staying still and would decloak if the manti fired its weapon.

He also could be put into the BaneBlade making the super unit very scary since the small weapon fire rate increase applies to every gun the BB has.

IDK tbh I would like to see something like that were he isn't very good as a unit himself but is amazing when paired with another.

My only trouble I have with him is how much AI the chimera does when the sub commander is in there. If that was fixed it might be a neat addition that wouldn't really break game balance too much.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 4:47 pm

Speaking of tanks... what about a techpriest?
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 6:16 pm

egewithin wrote:Speaking of tanks... what about a techpriest?

a damn good idea
THUMBS UP!!!!!!
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 6:45 pm

It's a good idea. But how would you get it in the game without a model and animations?
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
The Dragon Reborn
Level 1

Postby The Dragon Reborn » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 12:32 am

I just finished reading Nemisis so that would be cool but he'd probably end up killing more allies then enemies just from boredom :lol:
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 12:59 pm

Black Relic wrote:It's a good idea. But how would you get it in the game without a model and animations?

I was thinking about Libby with staff model. Replace stuff with their mech. axe, replace the whole libby skelaton with the techpierist model, and there you have it.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 4:17 pm

There has been a lot of talk to give IG a psyker subcommander but not sure if it's really needed or what it would bring to the faction, especially that now spotters cover the anti-setup team spam which was the worst thing IG had to deal with.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 7:51 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:There has been a lot of talk to give IG a psyker subcommander but not sure if it's really needed or what it would bring to the faction, especially that now spotters cover the anti-setup team spam which was the worst thing IG had to deal with.

Artillery and AOE. Perhaps even something to control sheer melee spam. Would have to be expensive and fragile though. Wouuld be cool imo.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Thu 16 Feb, 2017 1:55 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:One was planned as a hero for OM but I don't know what happened with that.

https://www.dawnofwar.info/forum/viewto ... =30#p26694

Other plans came to Caeltos' head (Inquisitorial Operatives?) and the Eversor Assassin subcommander idea was put on standby.
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Thu 16 Feb, 2017 8:21 pm

Lost Son of Nikhel wrote:
Swiftsabre wrote:One was planned as a hero for OM but I don't know what happened with that.

https://www.dawnofwar.info/forum/viewto ... =30#p26694

Other plans came to Caeltos' head (Inquisitorial Operatives?) and the Eversor Assassin subcommander idea was put on standby.

suggestion for building an Eversor model : jumping and attacking mechanics of a seer councel member (may be with a lightning claw instead of a spear) and a bolt pistol with and ability . for the model it can get word bearer's heretic model (with a bit of recoloring to their arms) with the head peace of elite blood angles apo (may be even a nice new eversor head) .

Return to “Community General Discussion”