Scouts Shotgun blasts

Generic non-balance topics.
newtonia
Level 1

Scouts Shotgun blasts

Postby newtonia » Wed 04 Jan, 2017 7:57 pm

So I had this happen to me thrice, wherein a shotgun blasts costed energy but did nothing, no suppression, no knockback. is there a way to fix this?
Toilailee
Champion

Re: Scouts Shotgun blasts

Postby Toilailee » Wed 04 Jan, 2017 9:41 pm

I've had that happen too with shotgun blast, catachan old reliable, lord general reinforce and probably some other abilities too. To my knowledge there is no fix but I think it has something to do with the ability being abruptly interrupted. Like if you get knockedback right when the ability is supposed to launch or you order the unit to move right at that moment etc. Then again it happens with old unreliable way too often so I could be entirely wrong on that.
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Fri 06 Jan, 2017 3:13 am

What Toil said.

It also happens when the model your scouts were targetting died just before the ability kicked off. Even if the ability does AoE kb it actually aims at one model (the one you clicked) amongst the enemy squad. That's why when you can you should always target single-entities like heroes, and let the AoE kb everyone around them.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Fri 06 Jan, 2017 5:14 am

Might be arbitrary on what it targets. I do remember targeting a squad which models got knocked far apart from each other and the scouts just ran past the model I clicked on to chase another model further away.
ShowMeMagik
Level 2

Postby ShowMeMagik » Fri 06 Jan, 2017 8:32 pm

On a similar note. I've had scouts not throw grenades. The countdown starts and the energy goes but not grenade comes out?

Return to “Community General Discussion”