Starting to get a reputation I think..

Generic non-balance topics.
Skyward Sorceror
Level 2

Starting to get a reputation I think..

Postby Skyward Sorceror » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 8:31 pm

I'd just like to state for people who think I'm a dropper/regular afker. It is usually because I had to do something or someone told me to get off the computer. I NEVER want to drop a game because it'd let my team down. So I'm TERRIBLY sorry if I had to leave or cost us the game. I swear I try my best!
Ten squads die by me.... Look at all the damn I give.
MaxPower
Contributor

Re: Starting to get a reputation I think..

Postby MaxPower » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 9:18 pm

I prolly never played with you, but if you know that you might get a call or have to leave the PC, don't play teamgames. Because not only are you getting a bad reputation (and trust me, people don't care why you let them down, they just know you did let them down), but you are also destroying the fun the other players on your team might have had.

To me, it sounds really selfish playing a gamemode you know you might not be able to finish.

Hence you should only play teamgames if you are 100% sure that you are able to play a game till the end, if you are not sure about the aforementioned fact stick to 1on1s.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 9:35 pm

Like Max said, whether or not you had good reasons to stop playing, you are still ruining up to 5 other people's games. They are not going to care that you did not rage quit, because from their perspective you are still a liability and anyone playing with you has to wonder if they are about to throw 20-30 minutes of their day down the drain, because you may unexpectedly have to leave.

Find a way to put aside time and make sure there is as little chance of being interrupted as possible. I feel the same rule applies to people with terrible internet connections - If someone with crappy internet keeps dropping from games, after a certain point it is their responsibility to get their connection working and not keep showing up to lobbies to waste everyone else's time.
Swift

Postby Swift » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 10:11 pm

MaxPower wrote:I prolly never played with you, but if you know that you might get a call or have to leave the PC, don't play teamgames. Because not only are you getting a bad reputation (and trust me, people don't care why you let them down, they just know you did let them down), but you are also destroying the fun the other players on your team might have had.

To me, it sounds really selfish playing a gamemode you know you might not be able to finish.

Hence you should only play teamgames if you are 100% sure that you are able to play a game till the end, if you are not sure about the aforementioned fact stick to 1on1s.

And this is exactly why I stopped 3v3s on my laptop, I could never guarantee my internet was stable, I'd have to be somewhere etc. I remember a couple of times trying to and inevitably having a little run in with you when I left a game :]
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 10:41 pm

If you're playing a physical sport/competition no one ever leaves, but if you put it on a computer people don't seem to think it's a big deal. The only reason why some people think that is because the older generation that didn't grow up around them thinks they're not 'real' like a physical game. The reality of the situation though is that they're the exact same damn thing. If you leave a game you're ruining it for everyone else involved and you shouldn't be surprised if they never want to play with you again because of it.

If you know you're going to be interrupted go play some single player games and then play team games when you know you got some free time.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Tue 06 Dec, 2016 7:01 am

Personally if you were in a team game with me i just want to know that you are leaving for a bit or you have to go. And if you at least tell me i won't be that angry tbh. There are times when you have to just fuck off fast. For me was when its a family emergency. But whenever iIpay with people i usually get everything done first before i play so i don't get interrupted unless the aforementioned happens.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54

Return to “Community General Discussion”