Streaming Dawn Of War 3 Saturday SEP 3rd.

Generic non-balance topics.
Batpimp
Level 4

Streaming Dawn Of War 3 Saturday SEP 3rd.

Postby Batpimp » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 12:37 am

YO!

Just wanted to let you all know i will be streaming Dawn of War 3 at Pax Prime SATURDAY SEP 3rd.

If there is something you want me to show on screen or ask during the stream let me know.
Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718
Atlas

Re: Streaming Dawn Of War 3 Saturday SEP 3rd.

Postby Atlas » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 1:53 am

:O You da man.

Will you be able to show me DA ORKZ?
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 2:36 am

Atlas wrote::O You da man.

Will you be able to show me DA ORKZ?

im going to have like 80 million orks questions if they show me any
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 5:41 am

Do a multiplayer match :p
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 5:54 am

ASK then about dlcs like what dlcs are available, the cost and how many and stuff
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 7:45 pm

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Do a multiplayer match :p

honestly my #1 goal to do a 1v1
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 7:45 pm

The Licking Boogyman wrote:ASK then about dlcs like what dlcs are available, the cost and how many and stuff

already been asked they wont be givin any new info.
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 8:00 pm

Batpimp wrote:

From what I understand, they'll only have one full campaign mission playable at PAX. :(

But hopefully more, and hopefully they'll at least be able to answer some questions about pvp
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 10:25 pm

Wise Windu wrote:
Batpimp wrote:

From what I understand, they'll only have one full campaign mission playable at PAX. :(

But hopefully more, and hopefully they'll at least be able to answer some questions about pvp

I had actually totally lost interest in the game because of what they've shown and told us so far. The only way I would regain interest would be if they had a fun and interesting multiplayer, which is why I want it shown. Taking out sync kills and changing the cover system were improvements, but by taking out retreat and making the game just about throwing units at each other the game loses all it's depth. MMO's being more complex than RTS games frustrates me greatly.
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 5:04 am

so far the game is difficult at my first pass even with eldar being nerfed for campaign reasons.

I am wondering if it is because of the AMOUNT of units you need to control or the finesse needed to do so. base building seemed minimal but its aggravating beyond compare to have to select different buildings to make different units. I wouldnt mind minimal base building if its something i HAVE to accept but having to micro units AND jump between buildings to remember the right one AND create the units from only specific ones is aggravating.

get your questions ready and ask them during the stream.
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
valar
Level 0

Postby valar » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 6:27 am

Batpimp wrote: its aggravating beyond compare to have to select different buildings to make different units. I wouldnt mind minimal base building if its something i HAVE to accept but having to micro units AND jump between buildings to remember the right one AND create the units from only specific ones is aggravating.

Okaay I understand you didn't have to do this in DOW2 but I still can't believe what I'm reading! As a competitive rts player how can you say that haha :P
Loading, please wait...
KanKrusha
Level 3

Postby KanKrusha » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 7:06 am

I must admit I am a bit concerned about the combination of the number of units to micro and the amount of anti-blob abilities. Seems like a difficult combo but maybe seeing your shit die is part of the fun.

I am pretty sure batpimp was joking about the buildings
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 3:47 pm

valar wrote:
Batpimp wrote: its aggravating beyond compare to have to select different buildings to make different units. I wouldnt mind minimal base building if its something i HAVE to accept but having to micro units AND jump between buildings to remember the right one AND create the units from only specific ones is aggravating.

Okaay I understand you didn't have to do this in DOW2 but I still can't believe what I'm reading! As a competitive rts player how can you say that haha :P

because i ant to focus on the fight like dawn of war 2..not be spending time selecting buildings as my units are being destroyed
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 1:50 am

The more traditional RTS games have things in them meant to artificially increase the APM (actions per minute) to play the game. This is so the game is more 'difficult'. There is no actual reason to be forced to select different buildings to do things when it could be more organized with a proper UI (user interface). Even in Starcraft they have you do something as insane as having to click each unit manually to make them rather than put overwatch on to make them automatically whenever you have the resources to do so like in DoW 2.

I completely understand Batpimp. When CoH 2 came out I bought the game to try it out. Units that came out of buildings weren't automatically numbered and I raged so hard I uninstalled.
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 2:58 am

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:The more traditional RTS games have things in them meant to artificially increase the APM (actions per minute) to play the game. This is so the game is more 'difficult'. There is no actual reason to be forced to select different buildings to do things when it could be more organized with a proper UI (user interface). Even in Starcraft they have you do something as insane as having to click each unit manually to make them rather than put overwatch on to make them automatically whenever you have the resources to do so like in DoW 2.

I completely understand Batpimp. When CoH 2 came out I bought the game to try it out. Units that came out of buildings weren't automatically numbered and I raged so hard I uninstalled.

i dont mind if you have to build buildings but i dont want to look at them or even think about them during the heat of battle..but the game artificially increases difficulty..and NOT fun for me.. when you have actual skirmish going on and then WHILE you controlling units actually battling you have to scroll back to the base and start creating more just so you dont float... I think this is SEMI handled by drop pods but i really dislike scrolling back to the base, finding the right buildings (cause they do look sorta similar at first) and then remembering the hot key for each one. I hope they move to the DOW 2 full single UI panel for unit creation.
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 3:01 am

I played it a bit yesterday at pax. It's only one sp mission, and things are.. exactly like you see them in the demos. Shocking i know.

It looks like star craft, and things are so blindingly flashy and stupid it's hard to tell what's going on
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 5:19 pm

Broodwich wrote:I played it a bit yesterday at pax. It's only one sp mission, and things are.. exactly like you see them in the demos. Shocking i know.

It looks like star craft, and things are so blindingly flashy and stupid it's hard to tell what's going on

b-but it's an alpha!
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:11 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:
Broodwich wrote:I played it a bit yesterday at pax. It's only one sp mission, and things are.. exactly like you see them in the demos. Shocking i know.

b-but it's an alpha!

So that is a good new for us. We better continue writing the issues so we don't get those after the alpha.

Am I wrong again Ace?
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 6:49 pm

egewithin wrote:
Ace of Swords wrote:

b-but it's an alpha!

So that is a good new for us. We better continue writing the issues so we don't get those after the alpha.

Am I wrong again Ace?

These issues are beyond developing the game at this stage, they need to throw everything away and start from 0.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 7:18 pm

The only thing that gives me hope is the fact that Kellie emphasized how important modding support is to them. Granted, she could just be paying lip service to the community, but I'll take her at her word for the time being.
KanKrusha
Level 3

Postby KanKrusha » Sun 04 Sep, 2016 8:59 pm

Did you record it? Linky link link?

Oops, my bad. Starts at 3:38 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vitEyTvjroc
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 4:17 am

Batpimp wrote:i dont mind if you have to build buildings but i dont want to look at them or even think about them during the heat of battle..but the game artificially increases difficulty..and NOT fun for me.. when you have actual skirmish going on and then WHILE you controlling units actually battling you have to scroll back to the base and start creating more just so you dont float... I think this is SEMI handled by drop pods but i really dislike scrolling back to the base, finding the right buildings (cause they do look sorta similar at first) and then remembering the hot key for each one. I hope they move to the DOW 2 full single UI panel for unit creation.
Can you hotkey buildings?
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 10:30 am

Everytime i see new "gameplay" i find it harder to see the difference in units from what they said it was harder in dow1,2. The hotkeys look like a giant mess aswell and UI is terrible
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 6:44 pm

Wise Windu wrote:
Batpimp wrote:i dont mind if you have to build buildings but i dont want to look at them or even think about them during the heat of battle..but the game artificially increases difficulty..and NOT fun for me.. when you have actual skirmish going on and then WHILE you controlling units actually battling you have to scroll back to the base and start creating more just so you dont float... I think this is SEMI handled by drop pods but i really dislike scrolling back to the base, finding the right buildings (cause they do look sorta similar at first) and then remembering the hot key for each one. I hope they move to the DOW 2 full single UI panel for unit creation.
Can you hotkey buildings?

yes i learned that you could AFTER my stream.

one of the designers showed me how the future layout of hotkeys are that they can be anything you want now...Globals. Heroes. elites. buildings etc.

He said the classical way of RTS is that F1-F10 for example are normally setup for buildings. they havent decided where they will have it but they are wwilling to let us customize it later anyhow.

on a side note i mentioned your name.. thomasthetankengine..caeltoes ETC to be reached out to for specific wwants and needs. I think indrid said he wanted the UI to disappear with the click of a button. I also asked for myself that the camera can/should be rottated around any unit. I was unable to rotate the camera during the stream or after. not sure if it was in.
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Tue 06 Sep, 2016 2:03 am

Oddnerd wrote:The only thing that gives me hope is the fact that Kellie emphasized how important modding support is to them. Granted, she could just be paying lip service to the community, but I'll take her at her word for the time being.

I will confirm that, Kellie has been in contact with me, numerous times. We have a good communication going, so it's not just lip service to the community.
Carnevour
Level 2

Postby Carnevour » Tue 06 Sep, 2016 8:46 am

People are really complaining that the game will have macro and micro elements in an RTS? But i thought this was a moba an shiet, they ar ez mode.
Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 06 Sep, 2016 6:11 pm

I'm getting seriously irritated now. If you really believe DoW III is crap this early and you have to tell us why you hate it so much/it'll be a waste of time/Relic should commit sodoku, then I don't want to hear it. Find merit, find real criticism, open your eyes - I don't care, as long as you stop bawling your eyes out.

And to people such as Carnevour (though not limited to) who have to respond in kind, I'm equally tired of the pathetic goading responses. If you don't react the troll goes away.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Wed 07 Sep, 2016 8:01 am

Swiftsabre wrote:I'm getting seriously irritated now. If you really believe DoW III is crap this early and you have to tell us why you hate it so much/it'll be a waste of time/Relic should commit sodoku, then I don't want to hear it. Find merit, find real criticism, open your eyes - I don't care, as long as you stop bawling your eyes out.

And to people such as Carnevour (though not limited to) who have to respond in kind, I'm equally tired of the pathetic goading responses. If you don't react the troll goes away.

... Sepukku PLZ ... By the way i will still wait for that juicy multiplayer footage/beta key, because OFC this interests me the most, i mean campaign was always ez in Dow :x so let US hope for betta multiplayer then singleplayer for long time players, mkay ?
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Wed 07 Sep, 2016 9:43 am

I think the seppuku/sudoku mix up was intended as it is a common joke to do so.
#noobcodex

Return to “Community General Discussion”