Chaos heretics aspiring champion questions

Generic non-balance topics.
Batman
Level 1

Postby Batman » Wed 03 Aug, 2016 9:39 pm

Firstly,
Why is he a regular chaos space marine, and doesnt look like the guy in the front?

Secondly,
He has heavy armour, unlike the heretics. So what will happen if he stands in front and gets 100 plasma damage? It will be distributed among heretics? Or heretics+champion? And which armour type would be used?
Crewfinity
Level 4

Re: Chaos heretics aspiring champion questions

Postby Crewfinity » Wed 03 Aug, 2016 11:23 pm

Firstly,
Because they're heretics and not cultists. And cuz Relic ;)

Secondly,
I THINK the way it works is that they use seperate armor values. So if the plasma shots hit the champion they will do more damage than to regular tics. However, since he is a die last leader the damage will go to him (and therefore the squad) rather than any particular model that will die. Someone may need to lab that but I'm pretty sure that's how the damage distribution works. So if techmarine uses Mark target and plasma overload and starts hitting the champion with every shot, it will deal extra damage to the squad but not kill any models until the squad health us reduced to 0... at which point every single model will die at once.
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 11:19 am

Ithink it goes how Crew said. Just to clarify, I think the damage sharing starts once the Aspiring champ reaches 0 health.

Maybe someone with sure info of the game mechanics can answer this?
#noobcodex
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 11:48 am

It's like crew described but definitely lab it to be sure.
Nurland wrote:Ithink it goes how Crew said. Just to clarify, I think the damage sharing starts once the Aspiring champ reaches 0 health.

Maybe someone with sure info of the game mechanics can answer this?

Damage sharing is always active, the AC draws from the total squad health pool. disregard, will need to lab it before saying anything.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 3:49 pm

If he was just another cultist, he would have less hp, and in this game having a high-hp models leading low-hp squads is a fantastic way to avoid squad wipes by AOE spells.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 4:59 pm

I prefer a leader in power armour.
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Fri 05 Aug, 2016 8:43 pm

Damage sharing starts when a die last leader hits 1 hp. In the event he take more damage other models will take the damage instead but it will only lower the health of a single model and not the whole squad. So if a scout sergeant it being attack and hits 1 hp, and only the serg is being attack the next hp being drained is another scout models and not every scouts model's hp pool. This helps with causing decent bleed and avoiding unnecessary tankiness of a scout squad.

Or at least how i have seen it. When ever my scout serg take too many shots one scout models dies for him leaving the squad still at half HP. I mean that's how the GM leader works. If you hit the leader too much other guardsmen health goes down and dies instead, rather than the whole squad sharing the damage he took.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Aetherion
Level 2

Postby Aetherion » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:27 pm

Black Relic wrote:Damage sharing starts when a die last leader hits 1 hp. In the event he take more damage other models will take the damage instead but it will only lower the health of a single model and not the whole squad. So if a scout sergeant it being attack and hits 1 hp, and only the serg is being attack the next hp being drained is another scout models and not every scouts model's hp pool. This helps with causing decent bleed and avoiding unnecessary tankiness of a scout squad.

Or at least how i have seen it. When ever my scout serg take too many shots one scout models dies for him leaving the squad still at half HP. I mean that's how the GM leader works. If you hit the leader too much other guardsmen health goes down and dies instead, rather than the whole squad sharing the damage he took.

Is the damage to the other model allocated to the same model or it changes which model it allocates to...based on something?
CREED FOR THE PLAN GOD
ELDRAD FOR THE DICK THRONE
just as planned
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 9:40 pm

I think it is shared equally between the rest of the models.

I might be wrong here though.

Has someone actually labbed this somehow?
#noobcodex

Return to “Community General Discussion”