Elite Playable Space Marines Chapters (Now Black Templars Screenshots !)

Generic non-balance topics.
Eol
Level 0

Elite Playable Space Marines Chapters (Now Black Templars Screenshots !)

Postby Eol » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:34 pm

Elite Playable Space Marines Chapters : A.K.A real gameplay changers and not only skins !

Greetings.

I am currently developing a modified version of Elite, with the plan of making most of the Space Marine special chapters to actually modify gameplay, without however breaking the game balance.

Let me explain : in the actual game we benefit of special Space Marine chapters that are unfortunately skins only. My mod attempts to recreate these chapters in gameplay via a menu where you can select the chapter you want to play with.

The goal is to keep it close to codices ideas (which are a good source of inspiration btw) while maintaning multiplayer balance. That's why I took Elite mod as a base.

However, if anyone is interested in this work, I would need Elite developers to allow me the publication of a modified version of their work. So if it's worth asking them, please tell me what you think ;)

I've almost completed Black Templars, which are showcased in a few pics at this link right here : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... reenshots/

It leads to my Steam profile where you can check the screenshots. Click on anyone to expand the view. I've commented each of them so you have information about the unit and what it's all about.
Note that upgrades are done for most of the units but I didn't edit abilities yet !

Last edited by Eol on Sun 10 Jul, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
egewithin
Level 5

Re: Elite Playable Space Marines Chapters

Postby egewithin » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:44 pm

I would like to be a part of that project. I always wanted something like this. I can make ready the Chaos legions. <3 <3 <3 <3

Eol
Level 0

Postby Eol » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:47 pm

Well I did not expect to get an answer that quickly !!

I'm ready to accept any help I could gather ;)

So if enough people want to see more of this project, I will contact Elite team and see what I can do !
Eol
Level 0

Postby Eol » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 3:27 pm

Ok so I have made a few pics of the Black Templars chapter. Check the first post for link and info.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Re: Elite Playable Space Marines Chapters (Now Black Templars Screenshots !)

Postby Ace of Swords » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 3:41 pm

I like the models, but giving only sm sub-factions seems unfair and might wreck the balance, I also think there's no time to give everyone else the same options with dow3 likely coming out next year.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 3:45 pm

People are still going to play this game. We can make some advertisment to vanillia players and they will join us too.
Eol
Level 0

Postby Eol » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi,

Please keep in mind I didn't create the models : these are Elite team work !

I'm only responsible for the attribute editing and the creation of new squads, upgrades and abilities for each of these chapters.

Unfortunately I also think doing only SM subfactions is a bit sad, but as I follow the codices only Space Marines (and Chaos) have enough material to imagine quickly how the different chapters would work (see Chapter Tactics Special Rules)

Chaos SM could also be changed. As well as Eldars (especially Harlequins) but I see nothing for Orks and Nids...
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 4:34 pm

infect them with the Elite-virus, tell them the undeniable truth about the balance this mod gives. Spread it like a disease my children. Its time to MakeThisGameGreatAgain#
Swift

Postby Swift » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 6:26 pm

Very nice, but working on the balance will be very tricky.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Eol
Level 0

Postby Eol » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 7:05 pm

Yeah, that's why I don't intend to make this sub-mod multiplayer competitive.

Elite is a good base because it has improved AI and some other nice stuff in it. This mod will be nice against AI, the only fact we can't make subfactions for every races in the game limits its interest in multiplayer ;)
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Mon 11 Jul, 2016 1:53 am

If We would get subfactions it would end up having more races then dawn of war 1 ultimate Apocalypse mod ... That would be funny

Return to “Community General Discussion”