how activity is this game?

Generic non-balance topics.
titanium
Level 0

how activity is this game?

Postby titanium » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 2:23 am

To cut a long story short.. I`m interested in buying (total 10ish euros - steam sale) and getting into this game.

Before I waste what little 26yr-old-student money (believe or not) I have on upgrade for my old pc... how active is the online?
How difficult is it to set up an online game?
and how will my old intel core 2 duo and nvidia GTX460 hold up?

Sorry i`m asking a million questions but I have to be prudent.

Kind regards,
evilmario5
Level 2

Re: how activity is this game?

Postby evilmario5 » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 6:16 am

your first question which is in the title: the elite mod for dow2 Re is going strong still.

you will not waste money add me on steam and I will get you steam gift key of it when I go to put some money on my visa card tomorrow.

based on minimal system requirements for the game you can run the game (how much ram your pc has?)

the find a game tab under multiplayer does not work (relic server)
people can setup games tho the public games under custom games under the multiplayer tab in main menu of the game.

to help out new players and help them get better and not end up vsing some mid/ high lvl players first time they play online multiplayer
some practice rounds vsing the ai in a private game which you can find same location as public games.

for more help and coaching in a helpful environment here a link about the FA beginners club/group which any Organiser whould be happy to help you out
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kHZ ... sp=sharing

the codex tab on the elite mod website up top left has information of damage amounts and damage types for all units in the game and that of the Ordo malleus (Grey knights) which I main.
yes I play gk/om a bit no hate plz
titanium
Level 0

Postby titanium » Thu 30 Jun, 2016 7:59 pm

4gb.. but i suppose its upgradable to 6gb which i plan on doing anyway.
You said you will gift me a key, i`m really appreciative & greatful... if i am understanding you correctly hehe.

I added you (searched you username you use here) my username is titanov.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Thu 30 Jun, 2016 9:30 pm

How to learn the game? First, play campaing. Secondly ,go watch Indrid Casts : https://www.youtube.com/user/DoWReplaysNet

Have an ingame issue? Our community is good at solving problems. Can't garantee for technical problems however.

You don't know how to deal with some kind of army formation or a unit? Ask us. Or you can just ask me from PM.

You need real good knowlage for this game. After campaing, you better check the codex itself. Because campain teaches you the mechanics of this game, but the unit health, damage or abilitys are totally different in multiplayer because of balance. ( Thankfully ) https://dawnofwar.info/codex.php

ASKING FOR DEAMON PRINCE IS FORBIDDEN AND SHALL BE BANNED BY THE HOLLY HAMMER OF MODERATORS
titanium
Level 0

Postby titanium » Fri 01 Jul, 2016 1:37 am

i used to play dawn of war 2 so I have a good idea of the essentials of the game.. and the only reason i got a taste to get into this game at such a late stage is because I`ve been watching a lot of casts which created a lot of interest, my strategy tastes have gone unstimulated for too long and that everything in this game has value. DoW1 was on a large scale where small upgrades (like plasma pistol on sergeants/commanders).. become useless. It was more about large strategic movements than small ones. Hopefully DoW3 isnt like that... but with the freeblades etc... seems to be heading that way.

Anyway thanks for the advice.
I`m not sure what you mean about the daemon prince. I~ve never seen him as a unit so i`m guessing he isnt :P
evilmario5
Level 2

Postby evilmario5 » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 7:16 am

titanium wrote:4gb.. but i suppose its upgradable to 6gb which i plan on doing anyway.
You said you will gift me a key, i`m really appreciative & greatful... if i am understanding you correctly hehe.

I added you (searched you username you use here) my username is titanov.

oddly I did not get friend request on my side so I searched up titanov and added you
73 hrs on train fever that you?

I will gift you the key thro steam next time I'm on steam.
yes I play gk/om a bit no hate plz
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 11:44 am

titanium wrote:To cut a long story short.. I`m interested in buying (total 10ish euros - steam sale) and getting into this game.
Kind regards,

If you are asking about how to get in touch with community and start to learn this game this guide on steam will help you a lot.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =703434045
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"

Return to “Community General Discussion”