Bugs/Issues Thread

Generic non-balance topics.
Indrid

Bugs/Issues Thread

Postby Indrid » Wed 27 Feb, 2013 7:27 am

Bugs and non-balance issues thread, let's try and keep only balance to the Balance forum. I will try to keep this original post updated.

Current Issues - 2.2 Beta 11 - 01/05/2014

• [Use Grid Keys!]
  • Tyranid Zoanthrope cannot snare vehicles with units inside them
    [FIXED for next release, omg!]
  • Reinforced Inquisitorial Stormtroopers with Grenade Launchers upgrade use the wrong animations.
  • Kasrkin also have the above issue
  • You can apply the Painboy's "surgery" to the same unit multiple times if the Painboy dies and is re-purchased
  • Mekboy wears no armour with Freebooterz DLC
  • Artillery Spotters' abilities still function when they are in retreat
  • Plague Champion with Bile Spewer and Blight Grenades will only have the flame decorator
  • Chaos Lord with Armor of the Inferno and Combi-Flamer will only have the flame decorator
  • Kommando Nob Kaboom! knocks back Dreadnoughts and stuff sometimes. lulz (needs testing)
  • Rippers and Spore Mines are not affected by some (all?) snaring effects (intended?)
    [Intended]
  • Eldritch Storm does not stun the Rhino (needs testing)
  • Chaos Sorcerer's Warp global thing has trouble working on allied vehicles; reported for Blood crusher and GK Dread. Might just be the "stuck in animation" issue.
  • Weirdboy "Over 'Dere" ability changes hotkey depending on how many abilities he has
  • Land Raiders (all vehicles?) can be "insta-killed" by Eldritch Storm when they have units inside (needs testing)
  • Commissar Lord uses DKoK voice set no matter what scheme you choose
    [FIXED for next release]
  • KNob's Speshul Shoota can KB commanders with shield up
    [Intended]
  • (6p) Arena of Ashes has shot-blockers at the top where there shouldn't be
    [FIXED for next release]
  • Cover-jumping units can jump "through" the walls on Garvus Ice Gate. Map should be avoided.
    [Remove map?]
  • IG repair bunker can repair a stoicism Venerable Dreadnought
  • Ork Kommandos have more HP at Lv 3 than at Lv 4 (observed with Nob leader)
    [FIXED for next release]
  • Nemesis Vortex slows and damages vehicles (intended?)
    [FIXED for next release]
  • Ork Slugga's Burn Dat House can be used to effectively bash generators
  • Shimmer Orb weirdness. Either lasts a lot longer than the visual Orb effect, or the WSE continues to be immune to ranged damage while capping - even when the Orb has dissipated.
  • The Lictor Alpha has a "melee_base_size" of medium and not small (intended?)
    [Might be irrelevant - see below]
  • The Lictor Alpha has size_override set to 0 instead of 1 unlike most other units, causing it to get stuck/blocked where it perhaps shouldn't.
  • Heretics do not seem to benefit from Nurgle worship when in combat (intended?)
    [Intended]
  • Ork Lootas spotted firing their Deffgun when not set-up and even while moving.
  • Kommando Grapplin' Hook acts strangely when you target units with it instead of terrain
  • Sternguard Veteran's bolters deal no damage while they switch ammo type (intended?)
  • Kasrkin Krak grenades are now also sticking to targets like Interceptor ones (intended?)
  • The Purgation Squad ability could do with a visual effect (on the terrain) for clarity
  • Infestation Towers' sight radius is not affected by Malignant Blindness.
  • Vindicare Assassin infiltrated by anything causes sync errors
    [FIXED for next release]
  • Multi-laser turret deals 0 damage to power nodes
  • Ranged weapons with <25 range (ie some flamers and meltas) are ineffective at damaging the Hive Node when cloud is active since they are affected by its outgoing damage debuff (intended?)
    [FIXED/RE-BALANCED for next release]
  • Brother-Captain's Psychic Lash can target Eldar platform models (intended?)
    [Intended]
  • The Vindicare Assassin cannot target enemy HQs with turbo-penetrator rounds loaded
  • The domino knockback caused by the GUO's Foul Snare does ability_knockback (intended?)
    [Intended]
  • Kommando Nob Trippa Shot does not stun the Force Commander with Battlecry active. (intended?)
    [Intended]
Lulgrim
Admin

Re: Bugs Thread

Postby Lulgrim » Mon 04 Mar, 2013 8:40 pm

Helios wrote:Kasrkin hotkey for grenade is the same as Plasma gun purchase 'F'

I changed it to L randomly but I really need suggestions what key to use... I haven't touched non-grid hotkeys since 2010, can't see any reason to use them ever and I don't have time to check non-grid layouts.
Helios
Level 3

Postby Helios » Wed 13 Mar, 2013 2:22 pm

Indrid wrote:
Lost Son of Nikhel wrote:In fact, half units/wargear pieces/upgrades needs new tooltips.

Have any specifics?

It's neat that you guys changed the tooltips for Orks at the stronghold, making them "moh orky" but you guys completely left out ALL statisctics. There's no DPS, no damage type, no speed, most abilities and upgrades also have no numbers, (Flash Gitz gitfindah for example doesn't say how MUCH farther they can shoot.) All those need a big sweep of tooltip fixes.
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 10:57 am

An old visual bug:
All the Mark of Khorne Chaos Space Marines use the epic version (which is supposed to be reservered only for the MoK CSM Aspiring Champion)
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 7:38 pm

Make all scouts shoot when you target something instead of 1 model shooting and 2 models staying in the back please.
Very old bug. Got used to it by now but would like to see it fixed if possible ^^
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Sun 24 Mar, 2013 9:40 am

apparently upgrade to sternguard and they shall know no fear are both tied to t.
Spartan717
Level 2

Re: Bugs/Issues Thread

Postby Spartan717 » Wed 27 Mar, 2013 4:01 am

- Pressing 'E' with gaurdsmen infantry squad will display "prerequisites not met".
- The stance toggle icon for majority of infantry units doesn't indicate it is bound to ' \ ' key (the key is on the icon but it is too 'light', so it is difficult to determine the right key that it is bound to).
- Chaos land raider phobos is lacking a voice (ie. doesn't speak when you issue orders to it).
- Gaurdsmen infantry squad summary execution is bound to 'E', however the ability icon says it is bound to 'S'.
Vapor
Level 3

Postby Vapor » Wed 27 Mar, 2013 9:08 am

Fairly serious issue:

Lord General with Grenade Launchers can't attack ground at the full range (50+) once the Sergeant is purchased. This is a problem because you can't use the grenades to damage setup teams outside of their range, if you buy the Sergeant.

(I think this is an issue because the Sergeant has less range on his weapon than the storm troopers w/ grenades, causing the squad to automatically move closer to the target when given an attack order.)

Not sure if this is also a problem with the other retinue additions, but it should be tested.
Follow my stream! twitch.tv/frozenvapor100
basi7
Level 0

Postby basi7 » Wed 27 Mar, 2013 3:02 pm

The Lord General problem also occures with commissar retinue member and sniper rifle.
They go into near point blank range.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 27 Mar, 2013 9:41 pm

Capillary towers spawn units without problems on unkillable locations.
The Icons for the units tell you how long it will take for the units to build
but they don't show you the normal build interface as in HQ.
Nor can you cancel the production.
Spartan717
Level 2

Postby Spartan717 » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 3:23 pm

Not sure if this is a bug or if someone missed it but. The chaos predator with the 'Nurgle' upgrade damages allied infantry. Normal, Khorne and Tzeentch chaos predator don't suffer from this issue.

Also, the Chaos Space Marine (Word bearers dlc skin) has an issue where the chaos space marines infantry squad would have quadruple horns on their helmets, instead of the regular two horns.
Spartan717
Level 2

Postby Spartan717 » Tue 02 Apr, 2013 4:41 pm

- After grenade launcher upgrade, Heretics who have normal rifles (not grenade launchers) sometimes won't attack when they are in melee mode. Two of them will shoot, but the other two will just stand there whilst getting smacked in melee.

- Librarian can't cancel 'smite' and 'gate of infinity' abilities (i.e. doesn't cast ability, but still uses up mana)

- Sorcerer can't cancel 'doom bolt' ability.

- Grey knight librarian can't cancel 'Smite' ability.
Last edited by Spartan717 on Thu 04 Apr, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Tue 02 Apr, 2013 9:22 pm

Spartan717 wrote:- After grenade launcher upgrade, Heretics who have normal rifles (not grenade launchers) sometimes won't attack when they are in melee mode. Two of them will shoot, but the other two will just stand there whilst getting smacked in melee.

Is this consistently reproducible? If not, it could be because of pathing or a myriad of other reasons.

Spartan717 wrote:- Librarian can't cancel 'smite' and 'gate of infinity' abilities (i.e. doesn't cast ability, but still uses up mana)

I think this might be intentional to stop abuse of those abilities.
Spartan717
Level 2

Postby Spartan717 » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 3:19 am

Indrid wrote:
Spartan717 wrote:- After grenade launcher upgrade, Heretics who have normal rifles (not grenade launchers) sometimes won't attack when they are in melee mode. Two of them will shoot, but the other two will just stand there whilst getting smacked in melee.

Is this consistently reproducible? If not, it could be because of pathing or a myriad of other reasons.

Spartan717 wrote:- Librarian can't cancel 'smite' and 'gate of infinity' abilities (i.e. doesn't cast ability, but still uses up mana)

I think this might be intentional to stop abuse of those abilities.

- In regards to the heretic rifle problem, I can confirm that it is between 0-3 heretics with standard rifles who will not shoot whilst in melee. I tried it against a hive tyrant where each model surrounded the thing and noticed that two rifle heretics will fire while the other two will just stand there. I also tried against a power generator and the results were between 0-3 heretics will not shoot in melee.

I think the main problem is that the heretics with standard rifles lack melee animations, unlike the heretics who have grenade launchers who smack with their guns in melee.
Haidran
Level 1

Postby Haidran » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 3:59 pm

-Barbed Strangler warriors have an issue. The attack ground hotkey, which is very important for the unit, is the same as the upgrade for adrenal glands: g.

So almost every time you use the unit you also start a further upgrade for adrenal glands that you then need to cancel (if you have time/remember)
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 7:43 pm

When you subjugate (the chaos sorcerer mind control i hope i spelt it right) a squad of fully upgraded interceptors they have no abilities except for the teleport (so you cant grenade an enemy lr for example) for comparison when you subjugate an ASM squad you can melta/merciless strike whenever you want, and yes im sure that they were upgraded they even had the icon of the upgrade.
KanKrusha
Level 3

Postby KanKrusha » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 9:17 am

Hi

Bug: My catachan squad with 7/9 members was unable to use ol reliable grenade ability. Had to retreat and reinforce

Background: I believe this is a retail bug. Ol Reliable has a requirement that the heavy weapons catchan entity is present. The heavy weapon catchan entity is a shared damage leader so shouldn't die but can die when another shared damage leader is bought.

Suggested fixes (a few alternatives):
1. Remove the requirement for the HW guy to be present for the ability
2. You could go further and remove him completely as he is only there for graphics reasons. Rest of squad would have to be re-balanced for health and ranged damage as he doesnt carry a shotgun
3. make the other leaders not shared damage
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Fri 12 Apr, 2013 10:19 pm

The other day I used Interceptor squad teleport into some mixed retreating/non retreating units and it knocked them all down. Bug or is ability knockback intended?
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Fri 12 Apr, 2013 11:43 pm

possible it was domino, i'm quite sure that works on retreat.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Mon 15 Apr, 2013 5:22 pm

The Sorcerer's teleport Global often bugs and won't do anything while consuming red, i belive this happens when you used the global and quickly move the sorc, but im not entirely sure of it, anyway to fix this problem?
Spartan717
Level 2

Postby Spartan717 » Tue 16 Apr, 2013 4:47 am

- librarian (with the 'force staff' upgrade) animations don't sync properly. Whilst shooting and then ordered to move, he will float in a direction. Also happens when he is engaged in melee. (Farseer and warlock are also affected)

- Sometimes the librarian (with the 'force staff' upgrade) doesn't shoot anything (ie no lightning bolt is shown and no damage is dealt). Generally happens when the enemy unit is moving around.

- Sometimes pressing 'alt tab' and then going back to the game. The screen is black or pinky (ie. it glitches out).
Last edited by Spartan717 on Wed 17 Apr, 2013 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Fri 26 Apr, 2013 6:03 pm

^I reported the same bug like 1 or 2 pages ago

Also

Vanguard/Sternguard still reinforce units around them when they arrive/
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Fri 26 Apr, 2013 10:29 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:Vanguard/Sternguard still reinforce units around them when they arrive/

Oops must remain from when they still arrived by drop pod.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Sat 27 Apr, 2013 7:00 pm

Not sure if intended but. GK termies-Paladins (not sure about other GK stuff)
Can reinforce off the swarmlord
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Tue 30 Apr, 2013 6:51 pm

Lictor's alpha pheromone can reinforce all units (SM, Nids, Etc)
Vinyl41
Level 1

Postby Vinyl41 » Fri 03 May, 2013 5:45 am

ive noticed ser new bugs to the recent releases
commie flare doesnt work vs missle sent while it works vs the nomal one ( Freeman can confirm this)
its common now that units tend to die to a deleyed death when they retreated with low hp ( lost severeal units and commander to this bug )
and ive had some random knockbacks happening to the retreating unit while retreating from a melee combat - Inonoclast saw that happen recently to my LA that retreated from his shees
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Fri 03 May, 2013 7:45 am

The knob's graplin hook can KB retreating units.
Vapor
Level 3

Postby Vapor » Fri 03 May, 2013 10:17 pm

* Lord General grenade launchers are still bugged when you buy any retinue member

* Lootas WAAGH grid hotkey is W instead of Q. WAAGH should be moved to Q like on every other Ork unit, infiltration should go to W.
Follow my stream! twitch.tv/frozenvapor100
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Fri 03 May, 2013 11:16 pm

pretty sure that infiltration hotkey is set by the ability and therefore is more difficult to change than waagh. unless the loota one is special or things can be changed on a unit to unit basis. if that's the case medikits on GM should be changed because y is the turret command with grid keys.

actually, given that GM are the only unit with turrets the grid key should just be changed. i'll see if i can find a better key.
Chaos Librarian
Level 1

Postby Chaos Librarian » Sat 04 May, 2013 11:22 pm

Warp Rift does not go where I click sometimes. This happens especially when there's indestructible cover/weird elevation differences around where I click it. It also randomly misses sometimes even on relatively flat terrain. It will sometimes completely miss a set-up squad even though I clicked right on top of it.

Return to “Community General Discussion”