Bugs/Issues Thread

Generic non-balance topics.
Lulgrim
Admin

Re: Bugs/Issues Thread

Postby Lulgrim » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 12:46 pm

TomastheTankEngine wrote:
Retaliation wrote:One of the things he mentioned if I recall, was that the anti tank upgrades changed to weapon family to something that preferentially targeted vehicles. In the case of the vanquisher Leman Russ though, it retains autocannon_tank as it's weapon family which has no preferred target. If you notice in Yarrick's video the lascannon is doing it's job right. I guess the issue here is that there is no weapons family that is both accurate against vehicles and infantry yet preferentially targets vehicles.

I will check this out later. I expect you are correct the target preference has not been set therefore will pick the closet target automatically.

I can split it into autocannon_tank and autocannon_infantry weapon families in around 15 seconds which might help with Vanquisher but doesn't explain complaints about lascannons targeting infantry.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 12:59 pm

Retaliation wrote:
Caeltos wrote:If we're lucky, maybe something can be done. Thomas has done some good stuff already, so we can do nothing but hope he figures it out. :mrgreen:

One of the things he mentioned if I recall, was that the anti tank upgrades changed to weapon family to something that preferentially targeted vehicles. In the case of the vanquisher Leman Russ though, it retains autocannon_tank as it's weapon family which has no preferred target. If you notice in Yarrick's video the lascannon is doing it's job right. I guess the issue here is that there is no weapons family that is both accurate against vehicles and infantry yet preferentially targets vehicles.

This is all based on looking at the 3.19 wiki stats though.

This, If HWTs lascannons do prioritize Vehicles of any kind it doesn't make sense that tanks with vanquisher/twinlinked etc can't do it.
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 1:33 pm

I don't think it's quite that simple. :roll:
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 1:42 pm

On a different tangent... Is there any way to fix aoe effects such as burna bombs/let the galaxy burn affecting units inside transports? For example I will be bashing gens with 2x gm in a chimera and the chaos lord runs along and shoots out LTGB so I put my units in the chimera and focus the lord down, minutes later I tell my units to leave the chimera and I find out they are all dead.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 1:56 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:This, If HWTs lascannons do prioritize Vehicles of any kind it doesn't make sense that tanks with vanquisher/twinlinked etc can't do it.

You are confusing two different things here.

Vanquisher won't target vehicles because it has the autocannon_tank weapon family which has no preferred target.

All infantry & tank lascannons have the brightlance_pvp weapon family which should prefer weapon targets but for some reason doesn't always do so.
krakza
Level 2

Postby krakza » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 5:11 pm

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:if i'm reading that keyboard correctly, which i'm not sure i am because the picture is rather blurry, then the tilde is indeed on the apostrophe key.

No, the ~ is on the # key. @ is on the apostrophe key.
Lag
Level 3

Postby Lag » Wed 19 Jun, 2013 7:45 am

Last night I played a game and two times in a row I used the LG Turret global with red going down, moneyz staying the same and Turret never appearing. Is this common?
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Wed 19 Jun, 2013 12:52 pm

I think it was crushed by something (WB etc)
But it should give back the red/resources
Lag
Level 3

Postby Lag » Wed 19 Jun, 2013 4:12 pm

Nope, placed in the middle of the field with no units around. No placeholder for it appeared or anything. And BTW the turret can't be "walked over" while it is making, pretty sure of it.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Wed 19 Jun, 2013 5:37 pm

Meh i think it was the turret or maybe something else. WB charged thro it and it cancelled
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 10:06 am

I have found scripts which handle pvp squad behavior which means I could modify some of the ways squads behave. I will have a look at them over the weekend and see what can be done.
Lag
Level 3

Postby Lag » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 2:24 pm

Kvek wrote:Meh i think it was the turret or maybe something else. WB charged thro it and it cancelled

That's a bunker. :)
basi7
Level 0

Postby basi7 » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 2:26 pm

I found two things:
1. The first two globals of the Grey Knights are both bound to F2
2. The incinerator of the Grey Knight Terminator deals its damage in huge chunks(maybe intended so the dot wont stack too much)
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 3:00 pm

F1 is to quick select the base for everyone, and so, everyone's first global is on F2.
basi7
Level 0

Postby basi7 » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 3:19 pm

I mean the first two = both of them.

EDIT: There is no F4 but there is F5.
Spartan717
Level 2

Postby Spartan717 » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 5:15 pm

Not sure if it's a bug but,

- The land raider phobos has energy even though its dirge caster ability doesn't require energy
Raffa
Level 4

Postby Raffa » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 2:24 pm

Nurgle shrine does not heal guo, even when its worshipped by tics
Vapor
Level 3

Postby Vapor » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 3:27 pm

The knob's assashun's knife needs to be looked at.

Both trippa shot and assashunate can target GK Rhinos. I'm pretty sure assashunate actually damages the rhino, in the case of trippa shot I'm not sure if it actually does anything, it might stun a model inside the rhino, but both should probably be fixed.
Follow my stream! twitch.tv/frozenvapor100
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 3:56 pm

^Flesh hook can also target the rhino but not sents.
Raffa
Level 4

Postby Raffa » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 7:01 pm

I think I saw a ven dread survive after stoicism when it hit 0 hp...

Repair bunker worked on it and after the blue shield ended it stayed alive.

Although this was a 3v3 and his allied bc was using ward quite a bit I am pretty sure it was stoicism used as his hp was next to zero when it started and the repair bunker healed it.

Could somebody please lab this as I don't have access to dow till this weekend.
dance commander
Level 2

Postby dance commander » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 7:44 pm

Had a game where the LR was instantly killed by an eldritch storm from full hp.

I checked the replay just to make sure and yep, it happened as soon as the first bolt hit the LR.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 10:33 pm

My goodness this is endless... I'm reluctant to post, lest I risk causing Lulgrim to lose his sanity.

Regardless I shall. The bloodcrusher is still knocking stuff over in retreat. Now I'm aware of the domino knockback effect, but this simply isn't the case here. The thing is the knockback procs randomly, it will send 2/4 of the models flying but ignore the rest. It still needs to be fixed though because it just leads to losing unnecessary models and it can still wipe if it does proc fully. Video evidence at 9:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGSvZlHBWF4
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 10:55 pm

Repair bunkers, ToN and other repairing stuff can revive a Venerable dreadnought.

Eldritch can OS any vehicle that is garrisoned when it gets hit.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 3:59 am

can, but doesn't always. if it does destroy it you lose everything inside too.

blood crusher may be related to the charge having happened before they hit retreat.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 4:13 am

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:can, but doesn't always. if it does destroy it you lose everything inside too.

blood crusher may be related to the charge having happened before they hit retreat.

Watch the video, I did put it there for a reason.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 8:30 am

i did; i'm saying that there may be a bug with the ability ignoring retreating units because they hit retreat after the charge started but before it hit them. doesn't really explain the two he brushed past but it's theoretically possible he didn't actually hit them.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 2:28 pm

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:i did; i'm saying that there may be a bug with the ability ignoring retreating units because they hit retreat after the charge started but before it hit them. doesn't really explain the two he brushed past but it's theoretically possible he didn't actually hit them.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood you. Still, I don't understand how that would function, but that's the baffling thing about this bug - it seems to proc randomly, why did only two members of the squad get knocked back??? Is it simply because the game doesn't want to allow the BC charge to stopped by retreating units, and obviously it cannot knock them out of the way by default, but if these scenarios meet then the BC knocks the retreating unit back anyway?
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 7:46 pm

The charge did knockback my autarch first so that might be the reason.

However, I believe the ability is meant to test every unit the BC encounters before doing knockback (ie it does not kb if the unit is retreating) so perhaps heavy weapon team servants are not considered retreating whereas they actually are.
FiSH
Level 3

Postby FiSH » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 8:39 pm

This may be related to how the sigil of the rift can sometimes pull back already retreating set-up squads. I have seen a set-up squad get pulled back while desetting up, while it had the retreat indicator above it. Weird how that works, but I'm not sure.
><%FiSH((@>
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 8:58 pm

FiSH wrote:This may be related to how the sigil of the rift can sometimes pull back already retreating set-up squads. I have seen a set-up squad get pulled back while desetting up, while it had the retreat indicator above it. Weird how that works, but I'm not sure.

I heard that was to do with the sigil pulling them away if they hadn't torn down their weapons even if they were retreating.

Return to “Community General Discussion”