Bugs/Issues Thread

Generic non-balance topics.
Spartan717
Level 2

Re: Bugs/Issues Thread

Postby Spartan717 » Thu 13 Jun, 2013 8:51 am

Alright makes sense. :) It's just that they get those daemon specific buffs from heretic worship.
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Thu 13 Jun, 2013 11:01 am

Indrid wrote:Canticle of Absolution prevents Heretics from stopping worship
[Complex to fix due to ability's mechanics]

Fixed, subject to team testing.
Raffa
Level 4

Postby Raffa » Thu 13 Jun, 2013 2:01 pm

TomastheTankEngine wrote:Indrid wrote:
Canticle of Absolution prevents Heretics from stopping worship
[Complex to fix due to ability's mechanics]

Fixed, subject to team testing.

Finally. gj
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Thu 13 Jun, 2013 4:01 pm

There appears to be an issue with bloodcrushers and their charge. Randomly when I use chaos I just instinctively (from my retail days) want to charge a BC at stuff to knock them over in retreat, of course it doesn't work... Always. However, the weird thing is about 30% of the time it does work. Yeah, the BC is knocking stuff over in retreat! I don't know why this happens and it's really strange that it seems to be random, but it definitely happens and you have my testimony to prove that!

For those skeptics out there who don't believe my testimony is enough just go to 16:58 in this video and watch the plasma devastators. It's really odd because in retail the charge would knock over all three models but here for no apparent reason one is sent flying, but the two in front aren't. Clearly though if the BC couldn't knock down in retreat then libby wouldn't have tried it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSf3DIS8T8Q
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
dance commander
Level 2

Postby dance commander » Thu 13 Jun, 2013 4:13 pm

That Torpid Gamer wrote:There appears to be an issue with bloodcrushers and their charge. Randomly when I use chaos I just instinctively (from my retail days) want to charge a BC at stuff to knock them over in retreat, of course it doesn't work... Always. However, the weird thing is about 30% of the time it does work. Yeah, the BC is knocking stuff over in retreat! I don't know why this happens and it's really strange that it seems to be random, but it definitely happens and you have my testimony to prove that!

For those skeptics out there who don't believe my testimony is enough just go to 16:58 in this video and watch the plasma devastators. It's really odd because in retail the charge would knock over all three models but here for no apparent reason one is sent flying, but the two in front aren't. Clearly though if the BC couldn't knock down in retreat then libby wouldn't have tried it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSf3DIS8T8Q

It was most probably the sorcerer being knocked back connecting with the last plasma dev model, there are no doubts about the BC kb on retreat being removed, since it's now weapon knockback, also chaos librarian doing that could just be out of habit, I sometimes find myself doing it unconciously too.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Thu 13 Jun, 2013 4:16 pm

All charges have ABILITY KNOCKBACK. They just shouldn't KB retreating units
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Thu 13 Jun, 2013 4:16 pm

here for no apparent reason one is sent flying, but the two in front aren't.

Note the Sorcerer is knocked back first and the Dev model after that, so it's probably domino knockback from the Sorcerer even though the range seems wonky.

As for that, I don't know why we have domino kb on retreat but we do (dunno why the retail game has it either).

since it's now weapon knockback

No, charges and walker special attacks are still ability kb, we just added a condition to check for retreat first. This way heavyweight infantry models are still affected if not retreating.
dance commander
Level 2

Postby dance commander » Thu 13 Jun, 2013 4:23 pm

Lulgrim wrote:
No, charges and walker special attacks are still ability kb, we just added a condition to check for retreat first. This way heavyweight infantry models are still affected if not retreating.

Oh alright, I assumed that was the case since it seemed like the standard solution for knockbacks on retreat and the patch notes don't specify it, anyway as I said it was most likely the sorcerer knocking back the unit.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 14 Jun, 2013 7:49 am

Notice how sigil teleports the retreating pdev.
Sigil isn't supposed to tp retreating units. Could you have a look into that Lulgrim?

This would make setupteams not auto-kills anymore for the sorc.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Fri 14 Jun, 2013 8:48 am

Yeah I noticed but I just assumed it was intended behavior. I can check it out.
FiSH
Level 3

Postby FiSH » Fri 14 Jun, 2013 9:21 am

I believe de-setting up does not count as "retreating."
I had some testing with chaos libby and at the very beginning of the tear-down process for the setup teams, they can still be pulled in despite being in the process of retreating.
><%FiSH((@>
FiSH
Level 3

Postby FiSH » Sat 15 Jun, 2013 3:36 am

not sure if this was brought up before, if so my bad, but...
GK dread has a grenade launcher upgrade? what is this thing???
><%FiSH((@>
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Sat 15 Jun, 2013 8:51 am

It will be in the next patch.
ushermr16
Level 0

Postby ushermr16 » Sat 15 Jun, 2013 1:52 pm

Chaos Raptor while still upgrading their melta kit,their jump lose the suppression effect
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Sat 15 Jun, 2013 4:34 pm

Raptors with meltas have no suppression on jump
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sat 15 Jun, 2013 6:22 pm

Kvek wrote:Raptors with meltas have no suppression on jump

He means they lose their suppression while in the process of obtaining meltas even though at that point they still have chainswords/lc.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sat 15 Jun, 2013 10:14 pm

Looking at the jump/upgrade this should not happen until upgrade is finished. I'd like confirmations (although I dunno what I could do about it anyway).
krakza
Level 2

Postby krakza » Sun 16 Jun, 2013 1:58 pm

Just a little thing - whenever I'm typing, the ' key on my keyboard is apparently the shortcut to open a command window.
For someone who types using grammar just by force of habit, this can cause a bit of a panic when typing in the middle of a game and something happens D:
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 3:14 am

that's the console. you either have a non-english keyboard or you using the wrong character; ' is an apostrophe and ` is a grave mark for accents on letters. afaik grave marks aren't used at all in english.

on english keyboards the grave mark is also the ~ (tilde key), which is used for console.
Lag
Level 3

Postby Lag » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 3:03 pm

As I already stated in another post - targeting priorities for some units are all too fucked up.
Just take this one as example:

Jump to 21:25 to see what I'm talking about in action. A tank which gets a dedicated AV upgrade targets infantry over vehicles when ordered to auto-attack. Makes it very useless when trying to move it while it shoots. Same goes for Lascannon Rhino and who knows what else.
Is there a way to fix this? (Eyes on Thomas)
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 3:39 pm

I believe it's been said numerous times, it's out of our control to change their behavior when they move & shoot (vehicles)
Lag
Level 3

Postby Lag » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 6:06 pm

Okay. Lul said Thomas could look into it so that gave me hope that something could be done.
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 6:41 pm

If we're lucky, maybe something can be done. Thomas has done some good stuff already, so we can do nothing but hope he figures it out. :mrgreen:
krakza
Level 2

Postby krakza » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 6:56 pm

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:that's the console. you either have a non-english keyboard or you using the wrong character; ' is an apostrophe and ` is a grave mark for accents on letters. afaik grave marks aren't used at all in english.

on english keyboards the grave mark is also the ~ (tilde key), which is used for console.

Nah, it's an English keyboard, and I think I know what an apostrophe key is ;).

It's probably something to do with the design then. It's really made to be compact (http://photos.expertreviews.co.uk/image ... 300_52.jpg reference) which may be fucking around with some keybinds? Unless I've just fucked around with language settings sometime and forgotten about it. At least I have a direction for fixing it now. Thanks :)
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 7:30 pm

krakza wrote:Nah, it's an English keyboard, and I think I know what an apostrophe key is ;).

It's probably something to do with the design then. It's really made to be compact (http://photos.expertreviews.co.uk/image ... 300_52.jpg reference) which may be fucking around with some keybinds? Unless I've just fucked around with language settings sometime and forgotten about it. At least I have a direction for fixing it now. Thanks :)

I have the same issue and apparently a lot of other's do. My keyboard is definitely English and I haven't altered any of the settings. It certainly is very frustrating that the console pops open nearly every sentence I try to write.
Retaliation
Level 0

Postby Retaliation » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 8:23 pm

Caeltos wrote:If we're lucky, maybe something can be done. Thomas has done some good stuff already, so we can do nothing but hope he figures it out. :mrgreen:

One of the things he mentioned if I recall, was that the anti tank upgrades changed to weapon family to something that preferentially targeted vehicles. In the case of the vanquisher Leman Russ though, it retains autocannon_tank as it's weapon family which has no preferred target. If you notice in Yarrick's video the lascannon is doing it's job right. I guess the issue here is that there is no weapons family that is both accurate against vehicles and infantry yet preferentially targets vehicles.

This is all based on looking at the 3.19 wiki stats though.
dance commander
Level 2

Postby dance commander » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 8:49 pm

It's especially irritating when you have your Tpred firing on the goddamn rippers while trying to kite a half dead thornback carnifex.

Also makes what would be an almost decent unit (I guess) like the Phobos completely useless instead.

T3 tanks in general will need a look at in effectiveness if this is fixed, since it's really a big weakness for them at the moment, chances are they will be too effective then (they somewhat already are) mostly because they will be that much better at chasing almost dead vehicles.
Tea Rex
Level 1

Postby Tea Rex » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:28 pm

I've seen no mention of Catachans bug on the first page? O'l reliable isn't always reliable and sometimes bugs out without doing anything

Commisars execute does not always work (especially when supressed)
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 2:54 am

krakza wrote:Nah, it's an English keyboard, and I think I know what an apostrophe key is ;).

if i'm reading that keyboard correctly, which i'm not sure i am because the picture is rather blurry, then the tilde is indeed on the apostrophe key.
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 10:40 am

Retaliation wrote:One of the things he mentioned if I recall, was that the anti tank upgrades changed to weapon family to something that preferentially targeted vehicles. In the case of the vanquisher Leman Russ though, it retains autocannon_tank as it's weapon family which has no preferred target. If you notice in Yarrick's video the lascannon is doing it's job right. I guess the issue here is that there is no weapons family that is both accurate against vehicles and infantry yet preferentially targets vehicles.

I will check this out later. I expect you are correct the target preference has not been set therefore will pick the closet target automatically.

Return to “Community General Discussion”