Bugs/Issues Thread

Generic non-balance topics.
Lulgrim
Admin

Re: Bugs/Issues Thread

Postby Lulgrim » Wed 08 May, 2013 10:14 pm

Ace of Swords wrote:http://i.imgur.com/3RG9yl5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8ho9PVE.jpg

Ok, how's this for a fix - now you can still target the tower anywhere (doesn't block targeting cursor), but the space will be checked and the tower spawned on legit ground.

Fix acceptable?
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Thu 09 May, 2013 12:14 pm

BRO! Do this for drop pods too please!
Sometimes it takes so freaking long to find a legit place for them to drop just to lose your squad before it drops down.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Fri 10 May, 2013 3:41 am

i know what you mean about having problems placing them; haven't lost a squad because of it but there have been multiple occasions when i couldn't place a pod in what appeared to be a perfectly viable location. same issue with gates but don't change them please; location is important.
FiSH
Level 3

Postby FiSH » Sat 11 May, 2013 1:30 am

In Argus Desert Gate, the garrison next to the contested VP is rather annoying when playing as nids, because spore mine detonation doesn't hurt anything inside.
Do people think this is something that should be changed?

Also, on a related issue, some maps have small garrisons where doomblast can seriously hurt squads inside. Is this something that is ok?
><%FiSH((@>
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Sat 11 May, 2013 10:34 am

Fish, best nids anti-garrison are BS Warriors and Zoans. Spores mines won't reach units inside buildings whose windows are too high, similarly to grenades (in a lesser extent though).

On the bug part: I believe Falcons still cannot hit transports with units inside.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sat 11 May, 2013 1:32 pm

Asmon wrote:On the bug part: I believe Falcons still cannot hit transports with units inside.

Maybe that's related to Zoans not snaring loaded transports?

FiSH wrote:In Argus Desert Gate, the garrison next to the contested VP is rather annoying when playing as nids, because spore mine detonation doesn't hurt anything inside.

Probably it's just so big the splash can't reach models inside.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Sun 12 May, 2013 2:34 am

i think falcons can hit loaded transports but i haven't tried it... fuck this game is buggy.

stuns seem to cause issues with transports though. i had some storm boyz jump my falcon and it froze up and had a very large but very faint stun swirl around it. i know that stuns from burrow traps effect units inside transports and the snares stack. found that out the hard way...
Spartan717
Level 2

Postby Spartan717 » Sun 12 May, 2013 3:28 am

Just a bug a I noticed. The baneblade's 'fire demolisher canon' ability doesn't hit the targeted area when it is lower ground/higher ground. The bullet just goes past the targeted area.

Another issue is that if there is a structure in between the baneblade and the targeted location for the demolisher canon, the bullet would hit a building (i.e. poles and other non destructible buildings) and blow up, hence failing to hit target.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Sun 12 May, 2013 4:16 am

that's a projectile issue. grenades have the to far/to close issue and missiles, plasma, and the like have the same issue with terrain.
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Sun 12 May, 2013 6:45 am

Nuclear Arbitor wrote:i think falcons can hit loaded transports but i haven't tried it... fuck this game is buggy.

No they definitively can not. You can watch Indrid's last Eldar vs Ork videos for confirmation :)

And yes Lulgrim, it is likely linked to the zoan issue with transports.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 12 May, 2013 7:24 am

Spartan717 wrote:Just a bug a I noticed. The baneblade's 'fire demolisher canon' ability doesn't hit the targeted area when it is lower ground/higher ground. The bullet just goes past the targeted area.

Another issue is that if there is a structure in between the baneblade and the targeted location for the demolisher canon, the bullet would hit a building (i.e. poles and other non destructible buildings) and blow up, hence failing to hit target.

That's not a bug. Just how the game works.
Spartan717
Level 2

Postby Spartan717 » Tue 14 May, 2013 3:38 pm

Not sure if intentional but, the artillery squad's abilities all work even if they are retreating.
PanKiller
Level 1

Postby PanKiller » Tue 14 May, 2013 3:40 pm

Sorcerers teleport doesnt worked when i was retreating ) tried to teleport ally dread , red cost but no effect ) .
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Tue 14 May, 2013 5:12 pm

It doesn't work even if you are not in retreat. I think it's not intended to warp out allies unit. Can you make it like a painboy heal ? Can be used only on ur own units. Right now it just eats the energy and doesn't warp out ur teammate's unit
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Wed 15 May, 2013 10:22 am

The IG execute bug has been fixed.
- Execute will only effect the targeted squad.
- Execute will only stop units in retreat, squad with orders will still carry them out after an execution
Lag
Level 3

Postby Lag » Wed 15 May, 2013 11:03 am

Praise the Emperor! You make this Commissar very happy.
Spartan717
Level 2

Postby Spartan717 » Wed 15 May, 2013 1:41 pm

After activating the infiltration ability for inquisitorial stormies and then sprint, they come out of infiltration but still lose mana during the duration of the sprint ability as if they were still infiltrated. Similarly, activating sprint and then infiltration won't cause the squad to infiltrate until the sprint ability wears off, but still drain mana during sprint duration.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Thu 16 May, 2013 2:19 am

that's a bug with infiltration and abilities activating. same thing with cloaking in a gate and then using fof.
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Mon 20 May, 2013 2:24 pm

- Chaos Sorcerer's Warp global does not function when the Sorcerer is retreating; red is lost
- You can target allied units with the Chaos Sorcerer's Warp global but it does not function; red is lost

How should they behave? Should the global work when Sorcerer is retreating? Should you be able to target allied units?

I can look this problem later this week.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Mon 20 May, 2013 4:04 pm

TomastheTankEngine wrote:
How should they behave? Should the global work when Sorcerer is retreating? Should you be able to target allied units?

I can look this problem later this week.

Yes on retreat. Maybe on allies. Better ask Caeltos that ^^
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Tue 21 May, 2013 5:58 am

The targeting was changed to include 'allied' on purpose at some point, but the ability didn't have an effect on them... However now that I look at the ability, it should currently be usable on 'own' only, I don't know why it even allows targeting allied. Anyway, once I change the condition it should teleport the allied targets.

Can't say why it doesn't work when Sorc is retreating... Did it do that in retail?
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Tue 21 May, 2013 4:10 pm

In retail it does work when the sorcerer is retreating. I believe it does not in elite because the spell requires the CS to play an animation.
TomastheTankEngine
Developer

Postby TomastheTankEngine » Tue 21 May, 2013 4:30 pm

Asmon wrote:In retail it does work when the sorcerer is retreating. I believe it does not in elite because the spell requires the CS to play an animation.

If sorcerer requires an animation to play it is likely the retreat is blocking the animation and causing ability to fail. Possible modding solutions:

- Remove the animation and add a delay (if needed) then invoke teleport.
- First stop the sorcerer out of retreat and then teleport. (similar to guardsmen execute) Maybe start the retreat again.
- Grey out the global if the sorcerer is in retreat.
- Test if the sorcerer is in retreat if true invoke delay else invoke animation then teleport.
FiSH
Level 3

Postby FiSH » Fri 24 May, 2013 7:02 pm

I was watching a replay, and the Kdread was definitely teleported out while the sorc was in retreat. (have replay)
Maybe there were other issues at the time?

also, Lulgrim, extension .rec is not allowed for attachments, is it possible to remove that?
><%FiSH((@>
FiSH
Level 3

Postby FiSH » Sat 25 May, 2013 3:04 am

sweet, here is the replay. ~20mins in, the kdread is teleported out to a retreating sorc.
Attachments
6p_calderis_outskirts.2013-05-22.16-36-46.rec
(2 MiB) Downloaded 180 times
><%FiSH((@>
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sun 26 May, 2013 2:31 pm

The targeting issue is fixed now - allied units will teleport. I also tested the retreat behavior and Warp will work when used on a retreating unit, when used during Sorcerer's retreat, and when used right before retreating Sorcerer.
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Sun 26 May, 2013 4:52 pm

It just came back to my mind that WS exarch's (I'm not talking about WSE) special attacks still KB allied units. They are quite rare so perhaps they have been fixed already, but I don't think so. Perhaps they even KB in retreat, I believe it needs checking.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sun 26 May, 2013 6:24 pm

Yes it had friendly fire on specials. Just weapon knockback, though. Fixed it.
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Sun 26 May, 2013 7:01 pm

Asmon wrote:It just came back to my mind that WS exarch's (I'm not talking about WSE) special attacks still KB allied units. They are quite rare so perhaps they have been fixed already, but I don't think so. Perhaps they even KB in retreat, I believe it needs checking.

Elderp....
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Mon 27 May, 2013 11:56 pm

This might have been mentioned but there's a nasty glitch with sternguard getting stuck in ammo changing state. The trigger seems to be when the sarge is killed during the ammo switch. Once locked in this state (showing the up arrow icon) only ATSKNF can be used and squad cannot fire their bolters.

Return to “Community General Discussion”